Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I've noticed for some reason that anxiety and depression seem to go together. Often when a person has one they will have the other. They may not call it that though and the anxious feeling may come across as irritability or short temper. what helps you overcome your anxiety?

1 Peter 5:6-7
6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Proverbs 12:25
Anxiety weighs down the heart,
but a kind word cheers it up.

Psalm 94:18-19
When I said, “My foot is slipping,”
your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.
19 When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought me joy.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 2:22
Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
nm

Last edited:

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
-

Last edited:

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I get anxiety when I think about my loan default I owe to a school that I wasn't able to finish and now I can't go to any school until this incredible amount is paid plus interest. So I work for peanuts and can't even afford a decent place to stay. I am afraid of my financial future so I trust in my comforter and count my blessings, psalms always cheers me up too.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Odetta

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have bipolar disorder with a side of anxiety. I take medication daily for BP, and I have some medication for anxiety for when I feel particularly overwhelmed to the point I can't function. But most of the time, I rely on prayer and the promises of God. And remembering that fear is not of the Lord.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have bipolar disorder with a side of anxiety. I take medication daily for BP, and I have some medication for anxiety for when I feel particularly overwhelmed to the point I can't function. But most of the time, I rely on prayer and the promises of God. And remembering that fear is not of the Lord.

Sometimes when i wake up in the middle of the night because of stuff on my mind and I can't sleep I will use it as an opportunity to pray and go to the kitchen table or the living room and write in my prayer journal until the anxiety goes away or decreases.

Top Bottom