• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 52

    Politics - Thread: First President a Lutheran?

    1. #11
      Confessional Lutheran's Avatar
      Confessional Lutheran is offline Prodigy Member
      45
      Divorced
      John 15:5
       
      Mood:
      Innocent
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Location
      Northern Virginia
      Posts
      765
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      3,541
      CH Challenge
      11
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      11,643
      Level
      31
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      80.22%
      Rep Power
      254
      Quote Originally Posted by Snerfle View Post
      HUMOR ALERT
      NO REPORTING ALLOWED




      Of COURSE you know him ... ALL Lutherans must know ALL OTHER Lutherans.
      It's written in the By-Laws, Article 3 Section C under the Subtitle:

      "We IS The Only REAL Presence Tense Christians''


      Too funny, Tigger
      Glad I didnt say it, lol
      Ach, die Englischer hast caught on!

    2. Likes Snerfle liked this post
    3. #12
      MennoSota is online now Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      4,246
      CH Cash
      17,872
      CH Challenge
      232
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      16,910
      Level
      37
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      15.33%
      Rep Power
      426
      Quote Originally Posted by Snerfle View Post
      HUMOR ALERT
      NO REPORTING ALLOWED




      Of COURSE you know him ... ALL Lutherans must know ALL OTHER Lutherans.
      It's written in the By-Laws, Article 3 Section C under the Subtitle:

      "We IS The Only REAL Presence Tense Christians''


      Too funny, Tigger
      Glad I didnt say it, lol
      I'm pretty sure John Hanson is mentioned in the book of Concord...

    4. #13
      Confessional Lutheran's Avatar
      Confessional Lutheran is offline Prodigy Member
      45
      Divorced
      John 15:5
       
      Mood:
      Innocent
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Location
      Northern Virginia
      Posts
      765
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      3,541
      CH Challenge
      11
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      11,643
      Level
      31
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      80.22%
      Rep Power
      254
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      I'm pretty sure John Hanson is mentioned in the book of Concord...
      Right next to Pastor Muhlenberg ( a Virginia German who was a Lutheran Pastor and an American Patriot) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Muhlenberg !

    5. #14
      Snerfle is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      Geeky
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Location
      In a house
      Posts
      1,646
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      123,904
      CH Challenge
      0
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      10,022
      Level
      29
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      85.28%
      Rep Power
      204
      Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
      I'm pretty sure John Hanson is mentioned in the book of Concord...
      Mentioned?
      Thought he was headlined.

      Anyway, you nailed it...
      →↓Here's proof ↓←

      Quote Originally Posted by Confessional Lutheran View Post
      So did I. I also made it a point to go beyond what they were teaching in history class and learned little things like the leadership of John Hanson and the fact that when the Revolution started, it was largely a scheme of the upper class to keep their wealth and they used excellent propaganda to keep the rank and file in line. My social studies were decent, but a lot of it centered around Virginia's history.
      ~Deliberate ignorance
      is anti-christian~

    6. #15
      Lämmchen's Avatar
      Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      52
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo
       
      Mood:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      16,320
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      201,648
      CH Challenge
      83
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (176,231 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      194,771
      Level
      92
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      23.9%
      Rep Power
      841
      And yet another serious thread gone down the tubes of ridiculousness.
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

    7. Likes Confessional Lutheran liked this post
    8. #16
      Stravinsk is offline Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
      45
      Widow/Widower
      Mood:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      3,126
      Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      4,289
      CH Challenge
      0
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (14,625 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      12,689
      Level
      32
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      97.46%
      Rep Power
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by jsimms435 View Post
      what was your point?
      I think the point is something along the lines of "Lutheranism kicks butt, because American presidents kick butt, and the first one especially kicks butt, but you didn't know it or realize it because you do not know the glory and honor of what it is to be a Lutheran"

      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      And yet another serious thread gone down the tubes of ridiculousness.
      Admit it. If the premise was that first president was something other than a Lutheran you'd not be pouting.

    9. #17
      Lämmchen's Avatar
      Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      52
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo
       
      Mood:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      16,320
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      201,648
      CH Challenge
      83
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (176,231 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      194,771
      Level
      92
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      23.9%
      Rep Power
      841
      Quote Originally Posted by Stravinsk View Post

      Admit it. If the premise was that first president was something other than a Lutheran you'd not be pouting.
      No, and I've mentioned in a few other threads that you probably haven't read that recently so many are getting off topic and replies are ridiculous.
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

    10. #18
      Stravinsk is offline Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
      45
      Widow/Widower
      Mood:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      3,126
      Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      4,289
      CH Challenge
      0
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (14,625 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      12,689
      Level
      32
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      97.46%
      Rep Power
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      No, and I've mentioned in a few other threads that you probably haven't read that recently so many are getting off topic and replies are ridiculous.
      There's nothing really that off topic that I can see, and your pouting because the premise of the thread is not being taken serious.

      Because it's about Lutheranism. And people are treating it with levity. And that doesn't sit right with someone who thinks everyone should treat the subject with more seriousness.

      Because it's about Lutheranism.

      Admit it.

    11. Likes Confessional Lutheran liked this post
    12. #19
      Confessional Lutheran's Avatar
      Confessional Lutheran is offline Prodigy Member
      45
      Divorced
      John 15:5
       
      Mood:
      Innocent
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Location
      Northern Virginia
      Posts
      765
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      3,541
      CH Challenge
      11
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      11,643
      Level
      31
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      80.22%
      Rep Power
      254
      This thread is meant to discuss John Hanson. Very well. Here are some links regarding the man and his life for those who are interested.
      http://www.marshallhall.org/hanson.html

      http://www.history.com/this-day-in-h...president-dies

      http://www.johnhanson.org/

      http://www.johnhanson.net/

      In point of fact, John Hanson was apparently the third person to serve in the executive office of the United States in Congress Assembled ( USCA). He was a Lutheran and his family was instrumental in the founding of New Sweden. If we want a serious discussion, let's have a serious discussion ( including the many myths that have arisen in the last 241 years about the various Founding Fathers).

    13. Likes Lämmchen liked this post
    14. #20
      Josiah's Avatar
      Josiah is offline Bronze Member
      Supporting Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Happy
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      6,884
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      117,843
      CH Challenge
      270
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      71,326
      Level
      65
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      25.19%
      Rep Power
      915
      Quote Originally Posted by jsimms435 View Post
      what was your point?

      None. Absoluely none. Just like many other threads here, lol.
      We are justified by works - just not our own.

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •