Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I seem to be suffering lately from chronic headaches that last most of the day. I've been having them a lot lately. I'm not sure why. Anyone on here try any home remedies to help with headaches? Any suggestions I could try?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I seem to be suffering lately from chronic headaches that last most of the day. I've been having them a lot lately. I'm not sure why. Anyone on here try any home remedies to help with headaches? Any suggestions I could try?

Me too!! But mine is surgery related :( I'm supposed to massage my scar from the incision but it must be hitting a nerve and I get headaches.

I think you might need to figure out why the headaches occur? Is it from not eating? Too much computer time? Need to get your prescription for glasses updated? Sinus headache instead? I read that too much Vitamin C can cause headaches!

My sisters-in-law both suffer from migraines and they know to take medicine as soon as they feel one coming on.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Tylenol. Ice Packs (or even a bag of peas from the freezer).

If neither of those brings any relief, I'd say to consult a physician.

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hearing chronic headache can be a bit concerning and it wouldn't hurt seeing a doctor. I've had chronic headaches for almost thirty years and had everything checked. Mine are directly related to stress and anxiety.

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sometimes i get headaches wheni drink mountain dew though it doesnt happen too often...its weird lol

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No
There are many reasons for a headache, biggest one is stress or medications you might be taking, or it could be due to a sinus problem that has got me right now and its nasty only thing so far that has helped me is nasal spray and pain killers, it might be an idea if you can afford it to check in with a doctor just in case you need medicine for it.. better safe they sorry ...please don't leave it to long before you check it out...

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have a sleep study coming up in January. I have heard that headaches sometimes happen with people who have sleep apnea

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I've found a few things cause headaches.

If you've got the kind of pain that feels like an ache behind your eyes (and that gets worse if you roll your eyes upwards) that just won't go away, check the light levels in your bedroom. If my bedroom is too light my eyes roll further up when I'm sleeping and it makes them hurt during the day.

Often I find I get dehydrated. In the summer it's easy to realise you need more water especially when you're hot and sweaty. In the winter time humidity indoors tends to drop and it's easy to get dehydrated without realising it.

Too much water without electrolytes can be a bad thing so sometimes I use electrolyte tablets. They are the kind of thing I typically use when I'm exercising - I take them along with me when I'm on a long hike or bike ride. Alternatively if I think I'm deficient in a particular mineral I look for ways to top it up directly. I have a packet of food grade potassium bicarbonate that I sometimes use (it tastes foul but is good for getting potassium quickly), and often keep a bag of high quality dark chocolate pieces or a bag of sunflower seeds for when I need magnesium.

I keep thinking about working out just what my recommended daily intakes of electrolytes are, figure which ones I am prone to be deficient and which ones may be harmful if overdone, and then put together a blend of food grade compounds such that I can take a single drink every day and get all the electrolytes I need. I'm initially thinking of a combination of things like potassium bicarbonate, magnesium sulphate, calcium chloride etc.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've found a few things cause headaches.

If you've got the kind of pain that feels like an ache behind your eyes (and that gets worse if you roll your eyes upwards) that just won't go away, check the light levels in your bedroom. If my bedroom is too light my eyes roll further up when I'm sleeping and it makes them hurt during the day.

Often I find I get dehydrated. In the summer it's easy to realise you need more water especially when you're hot and sweaty. In the winter time humidity indoors tends to drop and it's easy to get dehydrated without realising it.

Too much water without electrolytes can be a bad thing so sometimes I use electrolyte tablets. They are the kind of thing I typically use when I'm exercising - I take them along with me when I'm on a long hike or bike ride. Alternatively if I think I'm deficient in a particular mineral I look for ways to top it up directly. I have a packet of food grade potassium bicarbonate that I sometimes use (it tastes foul but is good for getting potassium quickly), and often keep a bag of high quality dark chocolate pieces or a bag of sunflower seeds for when I need magnesium.

I keep thinking about working out just what my recommended daily intakes of electrolytes are, figure which ones I am prone to be deficient and which ones may be harmful if overdone, and then put together a blend of food grade compounds such that I can take a single drink every day and get all the electrolytes I need. I'm initially thinking of a combination of things like potassium bicarbonate, magnesium sulphate, calcium chloride etc.

These headaches are around my ears and the back of my head

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Are you drinking enough water? 4 pints a day, more if you work in a warm dry office.

If it's at the back of your head, are you sleeping awkwardly? If you sleep with your head at a funny angle that could conceivably cause that kind of thing.

(I'm not a doctor, just thinking around things here)

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Headaches from the back of the head can be caused by stress. It comes from tight neck and shoulder muscles.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Headaches from the back of the head can be caused by stress. It comes from tight neck and shoulder muscles.

no doubt that is some of it. I'm changing jobs as of January 2 and I think my stress level will be much lower then. I have chronic sinus problems also. I'm gonna try some Aleve D and see if that helps

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

Yeah, I can tell you how to get rid of them completely but given your position you would probably not believe me.

Back when I was newly married, there was a time when I found myself getting headaches on a regular basis around 3 times a week. My wife and I were busy with various things and our diet was really poor. Lots of take out food and when it wasn't take out it was meat and pasta type meals. I found myself overweight with a 6 month pregnant look, constipated with blood sometimes accompanying stools (which were irregular also), tired and with the headaches.

Back then I didn't give up the meat I was eating but what I did do was include much more water and a lot more fiber in the way of salads. That helped a lot. With the headaches and constipation. I was also not much of a drinker at the time.

Nowadays I do not get headaches at all unless it's after a night of too much alcohol.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
My headaches usually come from lack of water (dehydration) change in weather, stress or medication. Best remedy for me is focusing on breathing, taking a nap and drinking water.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Worth mentioning that certain chemical additives/sweeteners can trigger headaches and/or make them worse, as well as cause other health problems. Lots of people when they turn diabetic turn to chemical sweeteners like Aspartame instead of white sugar. It's a mistake. Of course you can read the "studies" that it's all fine and good. But, like other industry funded studies they tend to be a bit biased in favor of the product they make their money off of.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
no doubt that is some of it. I'm changing jobs as of January 2 and I think my stress level will be much lower then. I have chronic sinus problems also. I'm gonna try some Aleve D and see if that helps

If the headache covers a lot of your face like eyes, nose area and even jaw it's a sinus issue. But you've said before there is stress at work so it might be a combo of the two as you suggest! Do you do any massaging? Is it the feet area that helps headaches? Anyone know?

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I deal with headaches everyday that last all day. I only get relief if I'm sleeping. (DUH) So I sleep A LOT. :yawning:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married