CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      84.15%
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      Is there an arrow next to the Support CH? Are you saying it doesn't pull down to show you Subscriptions and Anonymous Donations? Or does it pull down and you can't click on either of those options? When I click on Subscriptions it forces me to sign in again.

As for the Shop, the real Shop to purchase CH related stuff is called CH Shop. My shop is for donations of CH Cash. Once I collect a certain amount I will donate real money to a charity,
      No, this is weird ... There is no arrow or drop down menu on it. All the links across the row work except Support C H ... Its a dead link, does nothing, and the one next to it (to the right→) is a double link, with Advanced Search written overtop the word Currency. That link takes you to Search.

In the C H Shop , theres a column of things to purchase under Romanos, and theres an option to click on Lamms Shop, but its the same list of things to buy ... I see no 'real cash' donation section at all.
      Should I try to take a screen capture?
      Can that be re-posted here?
      ~Deliberate ignorance
      is anti-christian~

Snerfle is offline Veteran Member
      Supporting Member
      Mood:
      Geeky

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      84.15%
      Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryDay2 View Post
      Nothing, really. It's a gift, so no worries about your info floating around
      Well, thank you, to whom I owe it to...still not sure how this works, but thx to ImDay or whoever is responsible.
      Id still like to get my card in, at least to help somebody else out, if thats possible. Will check in Sun hopefully, but it should be a busy day.
      Christmas...one week...unbelieveable.
      Merry Christmas, everyone.
      ~Deliberate ignorance
      is anti-christian~

Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (142,214 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      75.29%
      Quote Originally Posted by Snerfle View Post
      No, this is weird ... There is no arrow or drop down menu on it. All the links across the row work except Support C H ... Its a dead link, does nothing, and the one next to it (to the right→) is a double link, with Advanced Search written overtop the word Currency. That link takes you to Search.

In the C H Shop , theres a column of things to purchase under Romanos, and theres an option to click on Lamms Shop, but its the same list of things to buy ... I see no 'real cash' donation section at all.
      Should I try to take a screen capture?
      Can that be re-posted here?
      @Romanos, do you know why this is happening to him?
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (142,214 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      75.29%
      http://christianityhaven.com/payments.php

Try this direct link and see what happens?
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

Supporting Member
      Mood:
      Geeky

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      84.15%
      http://christianityhaven.com/payments.php

Try this direct link and see what happens?
      That link brings up a subscription page, which I can access from another direction as well, but still no answers to the Qs about the links at the page top...one is dead, the other is doubled, Advanced Search blocking out Currency.
      Also, the Q about the 2 CH SHOPS, and how to purchase things for others. Also, what does Supporting Member mean as opposed to Regular Member.
      It still seems some members have access to behind the scenes stuff/site areas that others dont have. Is that dependent on Membership types?
      ~Deliberate ignorance
      is anti-christian~

tango is offline Bronze Member
      Valued Contributor
      Supporting Member
      Married
      ... and you shall live ...

Mood:
      Bemused

CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (4,663,346 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      83.35%
      Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryDay2 View Post
      I had a concern about much the same thing. I purchased a 'Visa' gift card, and the 'PayPal' link now allows you to use that option rather than having a specific PayPal account. Pretty convenient. I'm also wary of too much information being shared, so I get it.
      In many ways I'm very wary of information being shared but I'd rather trust one single web site that, at least in theory, has solid encryption and can pass money on rather than passing my details on than trust a bunch of web sites with unknown levels of security.

As I understand it, if you send money through PayPal you give your details to PayPal, they charge your card (whether you have an account with them or not) and pass the money to the merchant. If it's a payment for service/invoice they charge a fee for doing so. If it's a gift I don't think they charge.

PayPal (and other similar sites) are useful in the event of dispute with the merchant. Dealing with a site like this one it's hard to see how a dispute would arise but if you order something online only to find the merchant did something wrong and expected you to make it right at your own expense it gives you a layer of protection before having to file formal complaints with your credit card provider.
      "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law" - Aleister Crowley

"If you love me, obey my commandments" - Jesus Christ

The Bible comes as a complete package. If we want to pluck verses out of context so make them mean what we want them to mean, if we want to ignore the passages that are inconvenient to our outlook, we should be intellectually honest enough to throw our Bibles in the trash and admit we are following Crowley and not Christ.

Supporting Member
      Mood:
      Geeky

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      84.15%
      Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
      In many ways I'm very wary of information being shared but I'd rather trust one single web site that, at least in theory, has solid encryption and can pass money on rather than passing my details on than trust a bunch of web sites with unknown levels of security.

As I understand it, if you send money through PayPal you give your details to PayPal, they charge your card (whether you have an account with them or not) and pass the money to the merchant. If it's a payment for service/invoice they charge a fee for doing so. If it's a gift I don't think they charge.

PayPal (and other similar sites) are useful in the event of dispute with the merchant. Dealing with a site like this one it's hard to see how a dispute would arise but if you order something online only to find the merchant did something wrong and expected you to make it right at your own expense it gives you a layer of protection before having to file formal complaints with your credit card provider.
      Any helps re: #15 ↑ ?
      ~Deliberate ignorance
      is anti-christian~

Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (142,214 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      75.29%
      That link brings up a subscription page, which I can access from another direction as well, but still no answers to the Qs about the links at the page top...one is dead, the other is doubled, Advanced Search blocking out Currency.
      Also, the Q about the 2 CH SHOPS, and how to purchase things for others. Also, what does Supporting Member mean as opposed to Regular Member.
      It still seems some members have access to behind the scenes stuff/site areas that others dont have. Is that dependent on Membership types?

What browser are you using? I checked with multiple browsers and have no problems accessing any of the links at the top of the page.
      Edited... I see CH Shop and Lämmchen's shop. The CH Shop's owner is designated as Romanos and it is where you can gift things to other members (except Supporting Member).

A Supporting Member is one who had donated money for the benefit of the site (the expenses of the site include monthly hosting costs, the domain name and software that might need upgrading). A regular member is just that...a registered member of the site. Supporting Members have access to the Arcade and the Supporting Member Penthouse forum.

Supporting Member
      Mood:
      Geeky

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      84.15%
      What browser are you using? I checked with multiple browsers and have no problems accessing any of the links at the top of the page.
      Edited... I see CH Shop and Lämmchen's shop. The CH Shop's owner is designated as Romanos and it is where you can gift things to other members (except Supporting Member).

A Supporting Member is one who had donated money for the benefit of the site (the expenses of the site include monthly hosting costs, the domain name and software that might need upgrading). A regular member is just that...a registered member of the site. Supporting Members have access to the Arcade and the Supporting Member Penthouse forum.
      Thx, Lämm, that does explain a couple things.
      Chrome stinks, but they all do, lol, but I dont think its the browser.
      Arent there other areas on the site that are off-limits or by invitation only, too, though? Maybe I was misinformed about that, but isnt there?
      Anyway, I will try to see if that card can be used w out personal info, and if not, maybe I can give you the numbers and tell you how to designate it.
      I could use some advice about that, too, so maybe I can PM you about it? Anyway, thx.
      ~Deliberate ignorance
      is anti-christian~

Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (142,214 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      75.29%
      Thx, Lämm, that does explain a couple things.
      Chrome stinks, but they all do, lol, but I dont think its the browser.
      Arent there other areas on the site that are off-limits or by invitation only, too, though? Maybe I was misinformed about that, but isnt there?
      Anyway, I will try to see if that card can be used w out personal info, and if not, maybe I can give you the numbers and tell you how to designate it.
      I could use some advice about that, too, so maybe I can PM you about it? Anyway, thx.
      I tried Chrome and the links worked for me. I'm not sure what the deal is unless it's the resolution of your screen messing it up? Even though you say you zoom in and out and it still doesn't work. That's so odd. The Chatbox works for you so I know it's not a java issue.

Yes, there are some private forums and I PMd you information.