• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 21

    Community Matters - Thread: How to become a Supporting Member

    1. #11
      Snerfle is offline Veteran Member
      Supporting Member
      Mood:
      Geeky
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Location
      In a house
      Posts
      1,553
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      123,387
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      9,207
      Level
      28
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      79.58%
      Rep Power
      183
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      Is there an arrow next to the Support CH? Are you saying it doesn't pull down to show you Subscriptions and Anonymous Donations? Or does it pull down and you can't click on either of those options? When I click on Subscriptions it forces me to sign in again.

      As for the Shop, the real Shop to purchase CH related stuff is called CH Shop. My shop is for donations of CH Cash. Once I collect a certain amount I will donate real money to a charity,
      No, this is weird ... There is no arrow or drop down menu on it. All the links across the row work except Support C H ... Its a dead link, does nothing, and the one next to it (to the right→) is a double link, with Advanced Search written overtop the word Currency. That link takes you to Search.

      In the C H Shop , theres a column of things to purchase under Romanos, and theres an option to click on Lamms Shop, but its the same list of things to buy ... I see no 'real cash' donation section at all.
      Should I try to take a screen capture?
      Can that be re-posted here?
      os as

      ~Ignoring others...especially other
      believers, is anti-christian.~ 1John

    2. #12
      Snerfle is offline Veteran Member
      Supporting Member
      Mood:
      Geeky
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Location
      In a house
      Posts
      1,553
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      123,387
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      9,207
      Level
      28
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      79.58%
      Rep Power
      183
      Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryDay2 View Post
      Nothing, really. It's a gift, so no worries about your info floating around
      Well, thank you, to whom I owe it to...still not sure how this works, but thx to ImDay or whoever is responsible.
      Id still like to get my card in, at least to help somebody else out, if thats possible. Will check in Sun hopefully, but it should be a busy day.
      Christmas...one week...unbelieveable.
      Merry Christmas, everyone.
      os as

      ~Ignoring others...especially other
      believers, is anti-christian.~ 1John

    3. #13
      Lämmchen's Avatar
      Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo
       
      Mood:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      12,553
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      13,909
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (71,454 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      134,991
      Level
      81
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      71.1%
      Rep Power
      590
      Quote Originally Posted by Snerfle View Post
      No, this is weird ... There is no arrow or drop down menu on it. All the links across the row work except Support C H ... Its a dead link, does nothing, and the one next to it (to the right→) is a double link, with Advanced Search written overtop the word Currency. That link takes you to Search.

      In the C H Shop , theres a column of things to purchase under Romanos, and theres an option to click on Lamms Shop, but its the same list of things to buy ... I see no 'real cash' donation section at all.
      Should I try to take a screen capture?
      Can that be re-posted here?
      @Romanos, do you know why this is happening to him?
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk

    4. #14
      Lämmchen's Avatar
      Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo
       
      Mood:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      12,553
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      13,909
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (71,454 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      134,991
      Level
      81
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      71.1%
      Rep Power
      590
      http://christianityhaven.com/payments.php

      Try this direct link and see what happens?
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk

    5. #15
      Snerfle is offline Veteran Member
      Supporting Member
      Mood:
      Geeky
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Location
      In a house
      Posts
      1,553
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      123,387
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      9,207
      Level
      28
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      79.58%
      Rep Power
      183
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      http://christianityhaven.com/payments.php

      Try this direct link and see what happens?
      That link brings up a subscription page, which I can access from another direction as well, but still no answers to the Qs about the links at the page top...one is dead, the other is doubled, Advanced Search blocking out Currency.
      Also, the Q about the 2 CH SHOPS, and how to purchase things for others. Also, what does Supporting Member mean as opposed to Regular Member.
      It still seems some members have access to behind the scenes stuff/site areas that others dont have. Is that dependent on Membership types?
      os as

      ~Ignoring others...especially other
      believers, is anti-christian.~ 1John

    6. #16
      tango's Avatar
      tango is online now Bronze Member
      Senior Moderator
      Moderator
      Supporting Member
      Married
      ... and you shall live ...
       
      Mood:
      Piratey
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      Sometimes here, mostly there
      Posts
      5,066
      CH Cash
      1,575
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (1,832,061 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      21,097
      Level
      40
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      67.88%
      Rep Power
      499
      Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryDay2 View Post
      I had a concern about much the same thing. I purchased a 'Visa' gift card, and the 'PayPal' link now allows you to use that option rather than having a specific PayPal account. Pretty convenient. I'm also wary of too much information being shared, so I get it.
      In many ways I'm very wary of information being shared but I'd rather trust one single web site that, at least in theory, has solid encryption and can pass money on rather than passing my details on than trust a bunch of web sites with unknown levels of security.

      As I understand it, if you send money through PayPal you give your details to PayPal, they charge your card (whether you have an account with them or not) and pass the money to the merchant. If it's a payment for service/invoice they charge a fee for doing so. If it's a gift I don't think they charge.

      PayPal (and other similar sites) are useful in the event of dispute with the merchant. Dealing with a site like this one it's hard to see how a dispute would arise but if you order something online only to find the merchant did something wrong and expected you to make it right at your own expense it gives you a layer of protection before having to file formal complaints with your credit card provider.
      "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law" - Aleister Crowley

      "If you love me, obey my commandments" - Jesus Christ

      The Bible comes as a complete package. If we want to pluck verses out of context so make them mean what we want them to mean, if we want to ignore the passages that are inconvenient to our outlook, we should be intellectually honest enough to throw our Bibles in the trash and admit we are following Crowley and not Christ.

    7. #17
      Snerfle is offline Veteran Member
      Supporting Member
      Mood:
      Geeky
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Location
      In a house
      Posts
      1,553
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      123,387
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      9,207
      Level
      28
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      79.58%
      Rep Power
      183
      Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
      In many ways I'm very wary of information being shared but I'd rather trust one single web site that, at least in theory, has solid encryption and can pass money on rather than passing my details on than trust a bunch of web sites with unknown levels of security.

      As I understand it, if you send money through PayPal you give your details to PayPal, they charge your card (whether you have an account with them or not) and pass the money to the merchant. If it's a payment for service/invoice they charge a fee for doing so. If it's a gift I don't think they charge.

      PayPal (and other similar sites) are useful in the event of dispute with the merchant. Dealing with a site like this one it's hard to see how a dispute would arise but if you order something online only to find the merchant did something wrong and expected you to make it right at your own expense it gives you a layer of protection before having to file formal complaints with your credit card provider.
      Any helps re: #15 ↑ ?
      os as

      ~Ignoring others...especially other
      believers, is anti-christian.~ 1John

    8. #18
      Lämmchen's Avatar
      Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo
       
      Mood:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      12,553
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      13,909
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (71,454 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      134,991
      Level
      81
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      71.1%
      Rep Power
      590
      Quote Originally Posted by Snerfle View Post
      That link brings up a subscription page, which I can access from another direction as well, but still no answers to the Qs about the links at the page top...one is dead, the other is doubled, Advanced Search blocking out Currency.
      Also, the Q about the 2 CH SHOPS, and how to purchase things for others. Also, what does Supporting Member mean as opposed to Regular Member.
      It still seems some members have access to behind the scenes stuff/site areas that others dont have. Is that dependent on Membership types?

      What browser are you using? I checked with multiple browsers and have no problems accessing any of the links at the top of the page.
      Edited... I see CH Shop and Lämmchen's shop. The CH Shop's owner is designated as Romanos and it is where you can gift things to other members (except Supporting Member).

      A Supporting Member is one who had donated money for the benefit of the site (the expenses of the site include monthly hosting costs, the domain name and software that might need upgrading). A regular member is just that...a registered member of the site. Supporting Members have access to the Arcade and the Supporting Member Penthouse forum.
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk

    9. #19
      Snerfle is offline Veteran Member
      Supporting Member
      Mood:
      Geeky
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Location
      In a house
      Posts
      1,553
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      123,387
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      9,207
      Level
      28
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      79.58%
      Rep Power
      183
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      What browser are you using? I checked with multiple browsers and have no problems accessing any of the links at the top of the page.
      Edited... I see CH Shop and Lämmchen's shop. The CH Shop's owner is designated as Romanos and it is where you can gift things to other members (except Supporting Member).

      A Supporting Member is one who had donated money for the benefit of the site (the expenses of the site include monthly hosting costs, the domain name and software that might need upgrading). A regular member is just that...a registered member of the site. Supporting Members have access to the Arcade and the Supporting Member Penthouse forum.
      Thx, Lämm, that does explain a couple things.
      Chrome stinks, but they all do, lol, but I dont think its the browser.
      Arent there other areas on the site that are off-limits or by invitation only, too, though? Maybe I was misinformed about that, but isnt there?
      Anyway, I will try to see if that card can be used w out personal info, and if not, maybe I can give you the numbers and tell you how to designate it.
      I could use some advice about that, too, so maybe I can PM you about it? Anyway, thx.
      os as

      ~Ignoring others...especially other
      believers, is anti-christian.~ 1John

    10. #20
      Lämmchen's Avatar
      Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo
       
      Mood:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      12,553
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      13,909
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (71,454 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      134,991
      Level
      81
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      71.1%
      Rep Power
      590
      Quote Originally Posted by Snerfle View Post
      Thx, Lämm, that does explain a couple things.
      Chrome stinks, but they all do, lol, but I dont think its the browser.
      Arent there other areas on the site that are off-limits or by invitation only, too, though? Maybe I was misinformed about that, but isnt there?
      Anyway, I will try to see if that card can be used w out personal info, and if not, maybe I can give you the numbers and tell you how to designate it.
      I could use some advice about that, too, so maybe I can PM you about it? Anyway, thx.
      I tried Chrome and the links worked for me. I'm not sure what the deal is unless it's the resolution of your screen messing it up? Even though you say you zoom in and out and it still doesn't work. That's so odd. The Chatbox works for you so I know it's not a java issue.

      Yes, there are some private forums and I PMd you information.
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •