Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
There has been some confusion on how to become a Supporting Member so Romanos has made it easier for you to get to the appropriate link. If you look at the top of your screen (Not Tapatalk users), you'll see the list of New Posts, Private Messages, etc...look more to the right and you will see Support CH. Click on that and you'll get two options. One is for you to pay for a subscription for you or someone else and the other one if you prefer to make an Anonymous donation.

OuPTFmxrS1ac2bxGRp677w.png

The donations to the site help cover monthly hosting costs, the domain name that has a yearly charge as well as software for the site and its upgrades.

Thank you to all who help keep this site going!

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
There has been some confusion on how to become a Supporting Member so Romanos has made it easier for you to get to the appropriate link. If you look at the top of your screen (Not Tapatalk users), you'll see the list of New Posts, Private Messages, etc...look more to the right and you will see Support CH. Click on that and you'll get two options. One is for you to pay for a subscription for you or someone else and the other one if you prefer to make an Anonymous donation.

The donations to the site help cover monthly hosting costs, the domain name that has a yearly charge as well as software for the site and its upgrades.

I went through this before, trying to use a gift card to donate...but I dont do financial transactions, i.e., giving out personal info to a paypal account, on a cell phone, which is what the link wanted. Too many hackers and dishonest ppl out there, plus theres already enough ppl that have too much personal info, that even if THEY could be trusted, perhaps they have aquaintences who have sinister motives. Isnt there a way just to give the card numbers for you to ascribe to your account, rather than having to set up a financial account with personal info like paypal or the likes? Thx.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I remember you saying something about all that in a PM previously. I'll PM you about this.

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I went through this before, trying to use a gift card to donate...but I dont do financial transactions, i.e., giving out personal info to a paypal account, on a cell phone, which is what the link wanted. Too many hackers and dishonest ppl out there, plus theres already enough ppl that have too much personal info, that even if THEY could be trusted, perhaps they have aquaintences who have sinister motives. Isnt there a way just to give the card numbers for you to ascribe to your account, rather than having to set up a financial account with personal info like paypal or the likes? Thx.

You don't have to setup an account, you just put your card number in and you're done.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes

I had a concern about much the same thing. I purchased a 'Visa' gift card, and the 'PayPal' link now allows you to use that option rather than having a specific PayPal account. Pretty convenient. I'm also wary of too much information being shared, so I get it.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
[MENTION=333]Snerfle[/MENTION] - Your account should show as "Supporting Member". Merry Christmas! :)

Last edited:

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
[MENTION=333]Snerfle[/MENTION] - Your account should show as "Supporting Member". Merry Christmas! :)

I just picked up on this 10am Saturday.
I thought something looked diff but im a bit ......
Ssssllloooowwww......
I dont quite understand it though, to be honest, Im not sure what it means or what Im supposed to do.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
I just picked up on this 10am Saturday.
I thought something looked diff but im a bit ......
Ssssllloooowwww......
I dont quite understand it though, to be honest, Im not sure what it means or what Im supposed to do.
Nothing, really. It's a gift, so no worries about your info floating around :)

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes

Hi, I just discovered my row of links is slightly diff than the pc here, and my Support C H link doesnt work at all.
The row is Subscribed Threads → Support C H → and then Two Links are on top of each other....
the word Currency is there, but overtop of that (blocking it out) is Advanced Search.
When you tap it, it goes to the Search Page, but theres no way to click on Currency, and again, the Support link doesnt work at all.
I tried changing my browser settings, changing font and zoom, etc, but it has no effect.
Any suggestions?
Also, why are there 2 stores in the Shop Romanos' and Lamm's .
Does it matter which store we shop in?
Also, how do you ADD C H cash yo your own account or anothers?
Thx.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hi, I just discovered my row of links is slightly diff than the pc here, and my Support C H link doesnt work at all.
The row is Subscribed Threads → Support C H → and then Two Links are on top of each other....
the word Currency is there, but overtop of that (blocking it out) is Advanced Search.
When you tap it, it goes to the Search Page, but theres no way to click on Currency, and again, the Support link doesnt work at all.
I tried changing my browser settings, changing font and zoom, etc, but it has no effect.
Any suggestions?
Also, why are there 2 stores in the Shop Romanos' and Lamm's .
Does it matter which store we shop in?
Also, how do you ADD C H cash yo your own account or anothers?
Thx.

Is there an arrow next to the Support CH? Are you saying it doesn't pull down to show you Subscriptions and Anonymous Donations? Or does it pull down and you can't click on either of those options? When I click on Subscriptions it forces me to sign in again.

As for the Shop, the real Shop to purchase CH related stuff is called CH Shop. My shop is for donations of CH Cash. Once I collect a certain amount I will donate real money to a charity,

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Is there an arrow next to the Support CH? Are you saying it doesn't pull down to show you Subscriptions and Anonymous Donations? Or does it pull down and you can't click on either of those options? When I click on Subscriptions it forces me to sign in again.

As for the Shop, the real Shop to purchase CH related stuff is called CH Shop. My shop is for donations of CH Cash. Once I collect a certain amount I will donate real money to a charity,

No, this is weird ... There is no arrow or drop down menu on it. All the links across the row work except Support C H ... Its a dead link, does nothing, and the one next to it (to the right→) is a double link, with Advanced Search written overtop the word Currency. That link takes you to Search.

In the C H Shop , theres a column of things to purchase under Romanos, and theres an option to click on Lamms Shop, but its the same list of things to buy ... I see no 'real cash' donation section at all.
Should I try to take a screen capture?
Can that be re-posted here?

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Nothing, really. It's a gift, so no worries about your info floating around :)

Well, thank you, to whom I owe it to...still not sure how this works, but thx to ImDay or whoever is responsible.
Id still like to get my card in, at least to help somebody else out, if thats possible. Will check in Sun hopefully, but it should be a busy day.
Christmas...one week...unbelieveable.
Merry Christmas, everyone. :hearts:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
No, this is weird ... There is no arrow or drop down menu on it. All the links across the row work except Support C H ... Its a dead link, does nothing, and the one next to it (to the right→) is a double link, with Advanced Search written overtop the word Currency. That link takes you to Search.

In the C H Shop , theres a column of things to purchase under Romanos, and theres an option to click on Lamms Shop, but its the same list of things to buy ... I see no 'real cash' donation section at all.
Should I try to take a screen capture?
Can that be re-posted here?
[MENTION=1]Romanos[/MENTION], do you know why this is happening to him?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
http://christianityhaven.com/payments.php

Try this direct link and see what happens?

That link brings up a subscription page, which I can access from another direction as well, but still no answers to the Qs about the links at the page top...one is dead, the other is doubled, Advanced Search blocking out Currency.
Also, the Q about the 2 CH SHOPS, and how to purchase things for others. Also, what does Supporting Member mean as opposed to Regular Member.
It still seems some members have access to behind the scenes stuff/site areas that others dont have. Is that dependent on Membership types?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I had a concern about much the same thing. I purchased a 'Visa' gift card, and the 'PayPal' link now allows you to use that option rather than having a specific PayPal account. Pretty convenient. I'm also wary of too much information being shared, so I get it.

In many ways I'm very wary of information being shared but I'd rather trust one single web site that, at least in theory, has solid encryption and can pass money on rather than passing my details on than trust a bunch of web sites with unknown levels of security.

As I understand it, if you send money through PayPal you give your details to PayPal, they charge your card (whether you have an account with them or not) and pass the money to the merchant. If it's a payment for service/invoice they charge a fee for doing so. If it's a gift I don't think they charge.

PayPal (and other similar sites) are useful in the event of dispute with the merchant. Dealing with a site like this one it's hard to see how a dispute would arise but if you order something online only to find the merchant did something wrong and expected you to make it right at your own expense it gives you a layer of protection before having to file formal complaints with your credit card provider.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
In many ways I'm very wary of information being shared but I'd rather trust one single web site that, at least in theory, has solid encryption and can pass money on rather than passing my details on than trust a bunch of web sites with unknown levels of security.

As I understand it, if you send money through PayPal you give your details to PayPal, they charge your card (whether you have an account with them or not) and pass the money to the merchant. If it's a payment for service/invoice they charge a fee for doing so. If it's a gift I don't think they charge.

PayPal (and other similar sites) are useful in the event of dispute with the merchant. Dealing with a site like this one it's hard to see how a dispute would arise but if you order something online only to find the merchant did something wrong and expected you to make it right at your own expense it gives you a layer of protection before having to file formal complaints with your credit card provider.
Any helps re: #15 ↑ ?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That link brings up a subscription page, which I can access from another direction as well, but still no answers to the Qs about the links at the page top...one is dead, the other is doubled, Advanced Search blocking out Currency.
Also, the Q about the 2 CH SHOPS, and how to purchase things for others. Also, what does Supporting Member mean as opposed to Regular Member.
It still seems some members have access to behind the scenes stuff/site areas that others dont have. Is that dependent on Membership types?

What browser are you using? I checked with multiple browsers and have no problems accessing any of the links at the top of the page.
Edited... I see CH Shop and Lämmchen's shop. The CH Shop's owner is designated as Romanos and it is where you can gift things to other members (except Supporting Member).

A Supporting Member is one who had donated money for the benefit of the site (the expenses of the site include monthly hosting costs, the domain name and software that might need upgrading). A regular member is just that...a registered member of the site. Supporting Members have access to the Arcade and the Supporting Member Penthouse forum.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
What browser are you using? I checked with multiple browsers and have no problems accessing any of the links at the top of the page.
Edited... I see CH Shop and Lämmchen's shop. The CH Shop's owner is designated as Romanos and it is where you can gift things to other members (except Supporting Member).

A Supporting Member is one who had donated money for the benefit of the site (the expenses of the site include monthly hosting costs, the domain name and software that might need upgrading). A regular member is just that...a registered member of the site. Supporting Members have access to the Arcade and the Supporting Member Penthouse forum.

Thx, Lämm, that does explain a couple things.
Chrome stinks, but they all do, lol, but I dont think its the browser.
Arent there other areas on the site that are off-limits or by invitation only, too, though? Maybe I was misinformed about that, but isnt there?
Anyway, I will try to see if that card can be used w out personal info, and if not, maybe I can give you the numbers and tell you how to designate it.
I could use some advice about that, too, so maybe I can PM you about it? Anyway, thx.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Thx, Lämm, that does explain a couple things.
Chrome stinks, but they all do, lol, but I dont think its the browser.
Arent there other areas on the site that are off-limits or by invitation only, too, though? Maybe I was misinformed about that, but isnt there?
Anyway, I will try to see if that card can be used w out personal info, and if not, maybe I can give you the numbers and tell you how to designate it.
I could use some advice about that, too, so maybe I can PM you about it? Anyway, thx.

I tried Chrome and the links worked for me. I'm not sure what the deal is unless it's the resolution of your screen messing it up? Even though you say you zoom in and out and it still doesn't work. That's so odd. The Chatbox works for you so I know it's not a java issue.

Yes, there are some private forums and I PMd you information.

Top Bottom