Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
This is an open letter to MC who has left the community, hopefully not for good. MC I know we have buttted heads and not always agreed but I truly respect you and know that this community is poorer without you. I implore you to come back and hopefully what offended you will be taken care of and people will respect your beliefs better, me included. I truly miss your wit and wisdom and just want to see you back posting. Please come back and enrich our community once again. With all respect, psalms 91

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I miss him too!

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think his decision to go elsewhere is unfortunate. He was a "friend" of mine (although he decided not to make that mutual) and I appreciated his pov and posts. And he was our only active Catholic and did a pretty good job of conveying the Roman Catholic perspective into our discussions; with his departure, the view of half of the world's Christians is missing. As happened to me before, it may be necessary for me (as a FORMER Catholic) to give that perspective (a sometimes I don't agree with it, but I CAN usually convey how a Catholic would respond); I MUCH prefer Catholics to speak for Catholics. I hope we soon gain an informed, articulate Catholic!

While I lament his decision to go elsewhere, I've had a long policy of not participating is "begging" threads. I suspect this is a thoughtful decision on his part and I respect that. I've actually counseled posters to leave a site when their participation was hindering or damaging or troubling their faith and spiritual matters important to them. Being in an open, ecumenical, interdenominational forum - where important and/or treasured ideas may well be challenged - CAN be threatening and disconcerting. Sometimes it is wise to take leave. While I've never left an entire website for that reason, I have left threads for that reason. Sometimes it's wise. I reject any thought that his departure is just a psychological ploy to be begged to come back (MC is not manipulative).

I will respect his decision, while sharing I will miss him and I think our site is harmed by it. But mostly, I wish him every blessing. I hope that whatever site he moves to is more comfortable and helpful to him. And yes, of course, the door is wide open here for his return.

MY feeling....

A blessed Advent and Christmas to all...

- Josiah

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
MoreCoffee was a good poster who certainly had positive and educational things to contribute. He was on my friend's list as well. I respect his decision to go on sabbatical, although I could wish that it weren't quite so necessary for him to do so. I will miss him and our discussions, both on the boards and in the chatbox. I pray God bless him as he goes about his life.

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Great thread idea [MENTION=43]psalms 91[/MENTION] !

I too appreciated MC's input and hope he is just taking a break and will return sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I was thinking about making an MC thread lol see?! We all think about you MC!
I am sorry if I have offended you, we really need you around here. Miss you brother

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Hey MC!

A song for you:

They may say it's a little over the top, but they didn't share our meals.

:smirk:

Top Bottom