Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
While I agree that he should concede if he wants to pay for it he can demand a recount, so let the process play out I guess

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Hallelujah anyhow!
America (and Israel) haters are gonna get their wish soon enough.

Jesus is coming soon. :cheer:

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
He lost the election for senate, but apparently can't man up and concede. What do you think?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...ifi_push_breaking-news&utm_term=.74fe807ada33

The article I read said that with 99% of the votes counted the margin was 1.5% and that state law triggered an automatic recount if the final result was within 0.5%

Unless the remaining 1% of the vote is coming from a seriously hardcore Republican stronghold it does seem a bit presumptuous to even hope he will receive every single one of them.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Hallelujah anyhow!
America (and Israel) haters are gonna get their wish soon enough.

Jesus is coming soon. :cheer:

He's a hypocrit rapist who never said sorry. Gimme a break. I would vote for an unbeliever who's normal and pray he sees the Light if I had to choose.
Praise God he didn't get elected. He told that girl noone would believe her. He was wrong.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
He's a hypocrit rapist who never said sorry.
Hmmm. I do not believe that he was ever accused of being a rapist, not that that necessarily would matter to you.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I strongly suspect that Moore lost by about 2% of the vote because of the many accusations of sexual harassment and because many REPUBLICANS found him to be, well.... an embarrasment. I suspect 90% of the reason for his loss is the enormous focus on the accusations and 10% because he is just .... weird and a lot of REPUBLICANS would not have voted for him anyway. This allowed the Democrat to squeak in (narrowly). The Democrat himself stressed that the election was "a reforandom on morality" In the closing weeks - EVERYTHING in his campaign was about the sexual allegations.

Of course, the liberal/leftist PRESS will spin this as "the end of the Republican Party and a VAST repudiation of President Trump." It's what the leftist press does. And if they election had gone the other way and Moore won by 2%, the press would have done the same thing, insisting he would have won by 20% if it were not for the VAST repudiation of President Trump and the overwhelming tidal wave of "DUMP TRUMP" sweeping the land. Very predictable. Very disgusting.

- Josiah

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
He lost the election for senate, but apparently can't man up and concede. What do you think?
What is so lacking in *Man-upmanship* about contemplating a recount when you've lost by 1.5% of the vote and there are thought to be that many votes outstanding from servicemen and women--especially when that was a major issue Moore ran on (military expertise and service in contrast to his opponent who has none)??

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm. I do not believe that he was ever accused of being a rapist, not that that necessarily would matter to you.

He didn't repent so it doesn't matter that he now only has his wife. I still call him a rapist. He should man up and tell em he's sorry, but he's more interested in his career.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
He didn't repent so it doesn't matter that he now only has his wife. I still call him a rapist. .
Obviously you do. I, however, am more oriented towards the Ten Commandments, myself.

You know--Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor, etc. All that old fashioned stuff.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Obviously you do. I, however, am more oriented towards the Ten Commandments, myself.

You know--Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor, etc. All that old fashioned stuff.

So that woman is a false witness? One of them lies. Look her up on Facebook. She's a christian.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
So that woman is a false witness? One of them lies. Look her up on Facebook. She's a christian.
There are plenty of people who hold membership in a Christian church but nevertheless will lie for $1000 or even less. Look, one of the two main accusers had to admit that she forged that writing in her (?) yearbook to make it look like Moore had written it, so don't talk as though false accusations are impossible or even rare.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
If he's innocent somebody should stand up for him. His brother did and he lied that he never dated anyone except his wife.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If he's innocent somebody should stand up for him.
All kinds of people stood up for him! People in a position to know the facts refuted claim after claim. And many stood up for him on account of being the man they know now. So you can forget the *somebody should stand up for him* approach.

kiwimac

Religious Affiliation
Utrecht
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Married
There are plenty of people who hold membership in a Christian church but nevertheless will lie for $1000 or even less. Look, one of the two main accusers had to admit that she forged that writing in her (?) yearbook to make it look like Moore had written it, so don't talk as though false accusations are impossible or even rare.

What she did was to add date and time to the bottom of Moore's signature, doesn't sound like forgery to me.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What she did was to add date and time to the bottom of Moore's signature, doesn't sound like forgery to me.

Until then, she had represented it as being entirely his writing, however. It was only when handwriting experts called attention to the inconsistencies that the truth came out. Nor was what she added inconsequential since she was trying to say that they were personally close, not that he signed a book that had been left out somewhere or passed around for any well-wisher to make some nice entry as is often done with yearbooks. In fact, there is in the entry that was presented to the press no evidence that it was her own yearbook...except for the addition that, contrary to your post, included a critical location. All this was forged, not just added.

Top Bottom