Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
We shouldn't even need to say this, but this is a reminder not to use profanity. That includes using asterisk ** in order to try and use curse words, using words in the bible in a nonbiblical way such as damn or ass and not using abbreviations such as BS or putting spaces between letters to try and get around profanity filter. We are grown ups here. We shouldn't need to make a list of horrible words you shouldn't use.

The Rules clearly state
Proverbs 21:23 Those who guard their mouths and their tongues keep themselves from calamity.
Profanity is forbidden. Do not bypass the profanity filter.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
We shouldn't even need to say this, but this is a reminder not to use profanity. That includes using asterisk ** in order to try and use curse words, using words in the bible in a nonbiblical way such as damn or ass and not using abbreviations such as BS or putting spaces between letters to try and get around profanity filter. We are grown ups here. We shouldn't need to make a list of horrible words you shouldn't use.

The Rules clearly state
Proverbs 21:23 Those who guard their mouths and their tongues keep themselves from calamity.
I agree, our minds fill in the blanks so its basically the same as cussing out right

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I didnt bypass it. He turned it into asterikses. I'll go talk normal in Dutch a while on a Dutch forum. Calling ppl a jerk or the most nasty stuff in holy words is no problem here.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes

The Rules clearly state

Understood.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
This has been an ongoing issue for many months now and we're not singling out one person here. Since we're a Christian site we want to give the best Christian witness we can so as not to offend our brothers and sisters in Christ.

IACOBVS

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ok ... but I guess it's still alright and not offensive for some to call gay people horrible things. Right? :p

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Yes, recently I wrote an equivalent to 'what the heck' only used the symbol things, and that wasnt right, I apologize. I was just shocked at how misunderstood one of my posts was and couldnt believe the response to it. Just a misunderstanding.

As far as the name calling...wow, Ive been the recipient of it, but not any profanity, i dont think so, but it doesnt bother me that much, and my responses (of which many times I didnt say anything back) were only the same things said to me, of which ive been corrected about.

And not every arrow fired at me landed in a public post, but His mercies are new every morning, its ok, no biggie.
Its ok, as I come from a place where folks would call each other you blankety blank and you bleep bleep bleep and then shake hands and go buy each other a beer, so no big deal (and that was just the christian women, lol)

But yes, there are onlookers and ppl from other cultures that are alot more sensitive to these things, and I dont want to make another stumble, so thx for the heads up.

But too much sense of humor has been lost, too, imo, as well as having a forgiving spirit of good cheer. I would like to see more of that, too.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
Ok ... but I guess it's still alright and not offensive for some to call gay people horrible things. Right? :p

Calling anybody names is never okay. I typed in asterisks in a reply I made to another poster in an obviously ill conceived attempt to be funny, but apparently that was something that caused offense. I do apologize for offending anybody, as that was not my intention. It seems that I'm at my best when I am serious. Very well. I'll try harder to stick to the guidelines contained in the forum.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Calling anybody names is never okay. I typed in asterisks in a reply I made to another poster in an obviously ill conceived attempt to be funny, but apparently that was something that caused offense. I do apologize for offending anybody, as that was not my intention. It seems that I'm at my best when I am serious. Very well. I'll try harder to stick to the guidelines contained in the forum.

Oh. I'm Dutch so I won't. I said a completely innocent dumb thing which those English speakers think is vulgar and the filter changes it in asterikses which i find funny. Lolzo then you get a warning and a thread about it. I even explsined the mistake. Then they beat you up w Bible texts. Well bye. Go talk to each other so 'holy'. Good luck w it. I'm out.
And this is on purpose, not a mistake:

https://youtu.be/RNCoevpt5TE

http://liturgy.co.nz/saint-paul-says-****

Cause I'm sick of this gezeik: peeing.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
IMO, probably 99% of the time, the "profanity filter" that comes with the program CH uses is going to "catch" things; I think it's wise to not challenge that in the thread (it can be challenged to staff) or purposely bypass the filter.

IMO, some of this IS cultural. So I think it IS possible for someone to post something they they very sincerely don't regard as profanity... but again, if the filter replaces it with "*****" then, well, the program here considers it profanity - and it's best not to challenge that in the thread (one can to the staff). And when you learn that word is regarded as profanity, it's wise to stop using it here. Make sense?

It's important to remember that moderation here is tolerant. A poster generally needs to be persistent and repeating and intentional in violating a rule before some major action is taken; consideration IS given to those who may not realize they are not posting within our guidelines. So here again, if the filter removes your word - learn. You may or may not agree with what the filter did, but the place to take that up is not publicly in the thread (quite possibly knowingly repeating the violation) but in the Member Service Center. Make sense?

I think that humor is good (and heaven knows, conversations can become such where a bit of humor is needed!). But we have to be careful (as most comedians can tell you).... one person's "funny" can be another persons "flame." Best to be careful. And yes, this too is largely cultural so be especially careful in an international forum like this. And Satire can be effective (and funny) but lots of caution is needed here, too.

Some of our conversations are contraversal and "heated." Personally, I think that's a good thing (I'd likely not be here otherwise). But while passions can be great.... while we may disagree with a POSITION with zeal..... remember, we respect the POSTER if not the POSITION. Where profanity tends to be a problem is when it's directed not to a position but to a person.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Oh. I'm Dutch so I won't. I said a completely innocent dumb thing which those English speakers think is vulgar and the filter changes it in asterikses which i find funny. Lolzo then you get a warning and a thread about it. I even explsined the mistake. Then they beat you up w Bible texts. Well bye. Go talk to each other so 'holy'. Good luck w it. I'm out.
And this is on purpose, not a mistake.
This hurts way more than I can even begin to explain.
I feel like Ive lost, not one, not two, but three ppl in one..... plus a whole bunch of 'attachments', too ..... and right before Christmas.
My heart is pretty heavy right now.

Is sucks considered profanity?
Im sorry if it is, but man, this really sucks! :sad:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
And this is on purpose, not a mistake:

Cause I'm sick of this.

You did not receive a "Warning" but a PM and it doesn't count against you. I'm not sure why you would leave the site instead of wanting to consider that others might be offended by what you say?

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
You did not receive a "Warning" but a PM and it doesn't count against you. I'm not sure why you would leave the site instead of wanting to consider that others might be offended by what you say?

Why dont you just listen if I explain it? You ppl have to offend me with these super holy Bible texts. Oh really? Then I'll use the KJV. Are you offended by God too? English rule the world w their nice talking. They even throw stuff out of the Bible cause they find it offensive. Jesus said poop falls in a toilet. Thrown out by the profanity filter. Why doesnt that filter get used for real filth like ppl making mc leave?
Anyways I dont get built up here so I leave a while. Focus on prayer. If you post a unicorn pineapple gets offended. I can better just talk to like minded ppl. Then noone gets offended.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Why dont you just listen if I explain it? You ppl have to offend me with these super holy Bible texts. Oh really? Then I'll use the KJV. Are you offended by God too? English rule the world w their nice talking. They even throw stuff out of the Bible cause they find it offensive. Jesus said poop falls in a toilet. Thrown out by the profanity filter. Why doesnt that filter get used for real filth like ppl making mc leave?
Anyways I dont get built up here so I leave a while. Focus on prayer. If you post a unicorn pineapple gets offended. I can better just talk to like minded ppl. Then noone gets offended.
We all come back... did MC leave?
Anyway I had multiple PM that made me just want to leave but it gave me some time to reflect if what I was doing really was hurting the brethren, the forum reflects a bigger picture of where we are at in the Christian world today. So if it effects a few members here (and we are a few using the forum in general) just think about how it may offend many more.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yes, MC left since there was so much Catholic bashing and his latest threads turned into anti-Catholic sentiments even when he was just trying to start discussions. Can you blame him? :(

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Just wanted to add something that happened back in CCD (a weekly Catholic youth class I had to attend)
It was a bewildering moment almost seems like it was dream because I still cannot believe it.
We were starting class in the church hall section and one of the men there grabbed the mic and started cussing in every curse word in a monotone steady flow and everyone was just awe struck, no one did anything and nothing happened to him... What kind of lesson was that? lol I still dont know what compelled him to do so... it still confuses me [emoji31]

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just wanted to add something that happened back in CCD (a weekly Catholic youth class I had to attend)
It was a bewildering moment almost seems like it was dream because I still cannot believe it.
We were starting class in the church hall section and one of the men there grabbed the mic and started cussing in every curse word in a monotone steady flow and everyone was just awe struck, no one did anything and nothing happened to him... What kind of lesson was that? lol I still dont know what compelled him to do so... it still confuses me [emoji31]

Tourettes?

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yes, MC left since there was so much Catholic bashing and his latest threads turned into anti-Catholic sentiments even when he was just trying to start discussions. Can you blame him? :(
Did he say that he was leaving?? After a career of bashing Protestants, his feelings were hurt when some of them stopped taking it from him, but I dont remember any sign-off statement.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
OMG! Nooooooo... I feel really horrible for making that stupid meme, it came from a Catholic book title I thought perhaps he had heard the term before. Im sorry MC if you are reading this, you are like my Catholic role model here...
I can see why he left, there was whole hoard of attacks against the Pentecostal beliefs and they still poke fun at it but I have adapted to it, i think we all have things in our churches that others just wont agree with and the only way they can communicate is to poke fun, but MC had it pretty tough, he was attacked left and right (which is why I admired him so much) so I cant blame him one bit.
Lets pray for respect for eachother in 2018

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Tourettes?
Nope, he was a very level headed guy, completely normal and it was very out of character... might have had a bad day

Top Bottom