Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
www.lcms.org

www.bookofconcord.org

http://steadfastlutherans.org/

The above provided websites are as good resources as I can think of to begin a discussion dealing with the LCMS's official doctrine. The Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod is a Confessional Lutheran Church that propagates the teachings contained in the Holy Bible, rightly divided as Law and Gospel, the teachings of the Early Church Fathers and the teachings of Martin Luther and the Evangelical Reformers.

We hold to the Five Solae ( Sola Gratia, Sola Fide, Sola Scriptura, Solus Christus and Soli Dei Gloria).

We hold to the Sacraments of Holy Baptism ( of which Confession and Absolution is an extension) and Holy Communion.

We believe that every Christian believer ought to by rights have access to the Holy Bible in his/ her native language.

We believe that the occupation of a garbage collector is equal in holiness to the occupation of a minister.

We believe in Heaven and Hell.

We believe in the literal Second Coming of Christ and a literal Resurrection of the just and the unjust.

We believe that God Himself created the world in six solar days, as described in the Book of Genesis.

We believe in the Separation of Church and State.

We believe that we are justified by God's grace alone through faith alone in the Life, Death and Resurrection of Christ alone.

We believe that God alone saves us and that until the Holy Spirit regenerates us, we are alienated from God the Father.

Last edited:

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
We believe in the Separation of Church and State.
Got yourself a little bit of Mennonite. [emoji56]

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Got yourself a little bit of Mennonite. [emoji56]
MennoSota... MennoNite... I see now [emoji50]

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
MennoSota... MennoNite... I see now [emoji50]

Some folks are quicker than others...[emoji125]

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
So its the same as Arminian?

Arminius is best know for presenting a free-will means of salvation. Many denominations can be linked with Arminius and his views. Menno Simons held similar views, but since he was from another area his followers went toward Ukraine rather than Holland. That's the long way of saying...similar. [emoji41]

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
We'll have to ask Josiah how it became the Missouri Synod. I'm thinking it's because they chased Joseph Smith into Missouri and proclaimed victory when Smith was killed in Illinois. [emoji23]
I kid, Josiah. We all know the Scandinavian Viking Lutherans of Minnesota just resettled in Missouri because Ole and Lena were fighting too much.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Arminius is best know for presenting a free-will means of salvation. Many denominations can be linked with Arminius and his views. Menno Simons held similar views, but since he was from another area his followers went toward Ukraine rather than Holland. That's the long way of saying...similar. [emoji41]
I am completely and obnoxiously ignorant of the mennonites, I see them in stores and around their church but have no clue on why or what they are. I was actually friends with one and he didnt even know too much about it, he related to a weird al video "amish paradise" that I could connect to. They were rather stern but nice people.
https://youtu.be/lOfZLb33uCg
He worked for his dad for a commune church society near my house... am I close or far off? i feel like im far off lol

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
I am completely and obnoxiously ignorant of the mennonites, I see them in stores and around their church but have no clue on why or what they are. I was actually friends with one and he didnt even know too much about it, he related to a weird al video "amish paradise" that I could connect to. They were rather stern but nice people.
https://youtu.be/lOfZLb33uCg
He worked for his dad for a commune church society near my house... am I close or far off? i feel like im far off lol

There are many variants of Mennonites from old Mennonite to very liberal Mennonite with the Amish and Hutterites being off-shoots as well.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
There are many variants of Mennonites from old Mennonite to very liberal Mennonite with the Amish and Hutterites being off-shoots as well.
Very cool, I see where you get your strict stern and narrow views from [emoji41]
They are actually very lovely people, and very stern... but lovely none the less

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Very cool, I see where you get your strict stern and narrow views from [emoji41]
They are actually very lovely people, and very stern... but lovely none the less
It's only stern to outsiders...[emoji292]

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It's only stern to outsiders...[emoji292]
baaa88a8051ef799413b625b63ef292c.jpg

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It's an uphill battle to keep a thread on topic. Thanks for trying Confessional Lutheran.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
It's an uphill battle to keep a thread on topic. Thanks for trying Confessional Lutheran.

The Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod has some pretty Good news of her own to share and I'll try to do my bit in sharing it, whether in person or online. :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Synod means walking together. The LCMS was formed by German communities in the 1830s and 40s from states such as Missouri, Ohio, Illinois and Indiana.

The LCMS has 2 seminaries and 10 universities. There is a radio station called The Lutheran Hour. And a publishing company called Concordia Publishing House.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We'll have to ask Josiah how it became the Missouri Synod.

In the 19th Century, liberalism was raging like a destructive forest fire all through Protestantism (including many Calvinists, Lutherans, and beyond). But there were "hold outs" who stayed true to traditional, orthodox, biblical Christianity.

Germany was a loose confederation but when it united into the modern state in the early 19th Century, two state churches were created: Catholic and "Evangelical." The word "Evangelical" was terribly misleading because this was the name of LUTHERANS in Germany but the new State Church for Protestants was dominated by uber-liberal Calvinists who actively persecuted conservative Lutherans.

Like many other groups, some Lutherans came to America for religious freedom - to escape the uber-liberal, Calvinist leaning State Protestant Church of the new united German State. A mixture of clergy and laity (and their families) migrated TOGETHER and settled TOGETHER (as was common in that day) in Perry County, MO. They formed "The German Evangelical Lutheran Church of Missouri, Ohio and Other States" in 1847 (the name simplified in 1917). The "Missouri" part simply refers to where the denomination began. As Lamm noted, "Synod" simply means "walk together" and refers to the cooperation of its member congregations.

- Josiah

Last edited:

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
Top Bottom