Wow. Talk about being multi-lingual!

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Ja, okay .... I guess I should say, welcome back?

Its brotherly/sisterly LOVE. Si? Da! Yes. :kumbaya:

Thankyou
I do enjoy the setting here at this site.
Sorry if ive neglected to post for awhile

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Lets see, Hebrews 13

I wonder if a love letter to the hebrews is of any consolation.
Awe the Ark of the covenant coursing through the veins of the Body of Christ in Live giving Grace.

Just yesterday i was given an understanding of the fast of purim. This is in commemoration of Esther. Esther like the Hebrew midwives that stood obsteric in the face of a murderer showed a courage that gives a man such as myself a warmth during even the stongest tempest. Oh how such women even as Deborah stood up to Sing and raise her voice for the Lord. Even so do we fear anyone who would threaten harm and cower to the intimidation of a coward who would attempt to take vengeance upon on even a single new born child.

Yeshua himself said something of the fast that struck a cord in my own heart. If a woman were to hear this in contrast.

"But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, so that your fasting will not be obvious to men, but only to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.…"

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
“Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you.”

For those beautiful young women out there reading.
Whose hair being anointed with an oil of gladness in glory of the Promised One. Singing as Devorah has in the past, raising her heart with each strength of Breath.. Who's own Husbands name was a Torch to the passion of her Heart.
Remember what our Lord said.

“I have come to set fire to the earth! And how I wish it were already kindled! I have an immersion to undergo — how pressured I feel till it’s over! Do you think that I have come to bring peace in the Land? Not peace, I tell you, but division! For from now on, a household of five will be divided, three against two, two against three.
father will be divided against son
and son against father,
mother against daughter
and daughter against mother,
mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law
and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”[a]

Then to the crowds Yeshua said, “When you see a cloud-bank rising in the west, at once you say that a rainstorm is coming; and when the wind is from the south, you say there will be a heat wave, and there is.

Last edited:

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Is the Hebrew Roots guy changing words in Bible passages again? [emoji730]

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Is the Hebrew Roots guy changing words in Bible passages again? [emoji730]

:pound: Hey...WAIT a minute!!! :chairfall:

I'M a Hebrews Roots guy!

Hebrews ... :cheer: YAY!!! :spinningsmilie:

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
:pound: Hey...WAIT a minute!!! :chairfall:

I'M a Hebrews Roots guy!

Hebrews ... :cheer: YAY!!! :spinningsmilie:

Well that explains why I felt an air of hebrew awesomeness about you.
Thankyou again for the pleasant setting.
Blessings always.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I love everyone here!!! (including you Albion ) lol

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
1 John 3:16-18

God bless you all!

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Blessings always.
Thanks, God bless you too.
But I'm not awesome, Im a wretch.
Just a sinner saved by grace.

I love everyone here!!! (including you Albion ) lol

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
1 John 3:16-18

God bless you all!

God bless you too.
These are good verses, but difficult to apply on a typing forum, and I realize the OP is as well, in full context...the passage goes on to say to entertain strangers (show hospitality) and remember those bound (probably for the gospels' sake) and other exhortations follow that demonstrate love in action that are similar to the last half of the ten commandments.... Or 'the second one of the great two' as Jesus would say.

Its interesting how it says not in word or tongue, but deed and TRUTH.

You'd think word, tongue, and truth, are all similar, but I guess it's meaning, dont just TALK love like the world does, but demonstrate it in deeds (hard to do on a forum) but also in honesty...we're to speak the truth in love, and that includes sharing the gospel, telling ppl about the love of God, salvation in Christ Jesus, who IS The Truth, always be ready to give an answer for the reason for the HOPE in you, and exercise the things that strengthen love...
Encouragement, good cheer, forgiveness, (new mercies EVERY morning) faithfulness, etc.... Any of those things can be done in speaking and even in typing, and should be, ESPECIALLY among brothers and sisters in the faith.
And how important to remember in light of scripture warning us that in the last days, the love of many would grow cold, and we'd need to fight against that happening, in our own hearts and those of our brethren, as times can be tough and discouraging without any support.
What a golden opportunity and blessing we have here to share, if we choose to seize it, and what a shame if we dont.

Oh, and I almost forgot...praying for and with each other!

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Amen, all Christian theology is about love. It starts with “love thy God...” and ends with “love thy neighbor. “And what holds it all together is the love of God working through believers, starting with our brothers in Christ.

Right, I can only love the way I should when I am first loving God and walking close to Him

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Blessings always.

Right, I can only love the way I should when I am first loving God and walking close to Him
Yes. And the best way to start to love Him is to trust in the Lord Jesus Christ alone for salvation.
Receive His gift, becsaved, and then share it with others. (Along w all that other good stuff we talked about, too)

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Thanks, God bless you too.
But I'm not awesome, Im a wretch.
Just a sinner saved by grace.

God bless you too.
These are good verses, but difficult to apply on a typing forum, and I realize the OP is as well, in full context...the passage goes on to say to entertain strangers (show hospitality) and remember those bound (probably for the gospels' sake) and other exhortations follow that demonstrate love in action that are similar to the last half of the ten commandments.... Or 'the second one of the great two' as Jesus would say.

Its interesting how it says not in word or tongue, but deed and TRUTH.

You'd think word, tongue, and truth, are all similar, but I guess it's meaning, dont just TALK love like the world does, but demonstrate it in deeds (hard to do on a forum) but also in honesty...we're to speak the truth in love, and that includes sharing the gospel, telling ppl about the love of God, salvation in Christ Jesus, who IS The Truth, always be ready to give an answer for the reason for the HOPE in you, and exercise the things that strengthen love...
Encouragement, good cheer, forgiveness, (new mercies EVERY morning) faithfulness, etc.... Any of those things can be done in speaking and even in typing, and should be, ESPECIALLY among brothers and sisters in the faith.
And how important to remember in light of scripture warning us that in the last days, the love of many would grow cold, and we'd need to fight against that happening, in our own hearts and those of our brethren, as times can be tough and discouraging without any support.
What a golden opportunity and blessing we have here to share, if we choose to seize it, and what a shame if we dont.

Oh, and I almost forgot...praying for and with each other!

Indeed brother we entertain angels in our thoughts and our actions. This especially applies to the poor and homeless, they may very well be an angel in our midst and to deny them is to deny all of your integrity by faith in Jesus. We must approach every individual rich or poor as equal with the same respect and compassion as if he were or dear Lord. Many people will say "Yes sir" to a rich man and to a poor man "no sorry" but because we are rich in Christ we treat the poor as we would our any other and maybe, just perhaps, it may well be an angel of the Lord or "messenger" disguised as a poor man.
This forum is healthy in meat for strength, let it pronounce in yourself the glory you receive from the Lord.
Here you will be tested, and here you will become sharp in rebuttals and quick to rebuke those who try to disarm you from the Truth.
Forgive those you trespass against you and approach them kindly (kill em with kindness as I like to say) and try not to force them into your understanding but show them how to understand you.
I only tell you this because I have been tested here to the point that it made me so withdrawn personally to the Truth, (and also I was going through a rough patch in my Church) that It made me question my faith, without faith I am dead spiritually and in a world that I can't fit into -I would have nowhere else to turn. So just be careful brother, it can get pretty thick and heated in here but hold and defend your ground in Truth.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Indeed brother we entertain angels in our thoughts and our actions. This especially applies to the poor and homeless, they may very well be an angel in our midst and to deny them is to deny all of your integrity by faith in Jesus. We must approach every individual rich or poor as equal with the same respect and compassion as if he were or dear Lord. Many people will say "Yes sir" to a rich man and to a poor man "no sorry" but because we are rich in Christ we treat the poor as we would our any other and maybe, just perhaps, it may well be an angel of the Lord or "messenger" disguised as a poor man.
This forum is healthy in meat for strength, let it pronounce in yourself the glory you receive from the Lord.
Here you will be tested, and here you will become sharp in rebuttals and quick to rebuke those who try to disarm you from the Truth.
Forgive those you trespass against you and approach them kindly (kill em with kindness as I like to say) and try not to force them into your understanding but show them how to understand you.
I only tell you this because I have been tested here to the point that it made me so withdrawn personally to the Truth, (and also I was going through a rough patch in my Church) that It made me question my faith, without faith I am dead spiritually and in a world that I can't fit into -I would have nowhere else to turn. So just be careful brother, it can get pretty thick and heated in here but hold and defend your ground in Truth.

Yep, (except it's not MY ground I'm defending), but yes...thats exactly right...Thats why I hold to Jesus loves you, its why I hold to the gospel of the grace of God, salvation by faith in Christ alone, its why I hold to osas.

It's why we are to contend for the faith, and when false doctrine and practices are being promoted, we are to expose them and provide the Truth.

On the surface it may seem harsh, (and its also important to know if someone is just misinformed but teachable, or if theyre just obstinately determined to adhere to falsity and to and force their religious teachings on others) but its not harsh, its speaking the truth in love when you help pull someone from error, or at least give others an opportunity to hear the truth.

Its also important to discern the diff between hating false doctrine, but not hating the person caught in it.

Jesus loved the Pharisees He died for, for example, but when needed, He didnt mince words.

And there are some doctrines that Jesus hates. Not 'agrees to disagree with', but HATES. Thems harsh words, but its true, and we should hate them too.

At first a person might take it as PERSONALLY offensive, but it's not meant to be. It's not about the person ... The person we should love. But some teachings are false and hurt ppl, and we dont do anybody any favors by sugar-coating those things. God bless you, DH.

Oh, btw, I didnt understand your first line about 'entertaining angels in our thoughts?'
But Im tired, too, lol.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Yep, (except it's not MY ground I'm defending), but yes...thats exactly right...Thats why I hold to Jesus loves you, its why I hold to the gospel of the grace of God, salvation by faith in Christ alone, its why I hold to osas.

It's why we are to contend for the faith, and when false doctrine and practices are being promoted, we are to expose them and provide the Truth.

On the surface it may seem harsh, (and its also important to know if someone is just misinformed but teachable, or if theyre just obstinately determined to adhere to falsity and to and force their religious teachings on others) but its not harsh, its speaking the truth in love when you help pull someone from error, or at least give others an opportunity to hear the truth.

Its also important to discern the diff between hating false doctrine, but not hating the person caught in it.

Jesus loved the Pharisees He died for, for example, but when needed, He didnt mince words.

And there are some doctrines that Jesus hates. Not 'agrees to disagree with', but HATES. Thems harsh words, but its true, and we should hate them too.

At first a person might take it as PERSONALLY offensive, but it's not meant to be. It's not about the person ... The person we should love. But some teachings are false and hurt ppl, and we dont do anybody any favors by sugar-coating those things. God bless you, DH.

Oh, btw, I didnt understand your first line about 'entertaining angels in our thoughts?'
But Im tired, too, lol.
Good post and God bless you.
Entertaining thoughts in general is the same thing as thinking, maybe more like daydreaming. Whether we are trying to figure out an outcome through scenarios and ideas or contemplating specific decisions and rationalizing, we can fall under the negative spell of hopelessness or the positive spirit of righteousness. Entertaining this or that way is good or bad, so the bad would be an entertainment for the devils and the good would be entertainment for the angels. It's a form of expression I guess, but when you act on these entertainments you are either being led by this or that, good or bad, ungodly or Godly. lol im super tired too, forgot where I was going with this.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Good post and God bless you.
Entertaining thoughts in general is the same thing as thinking, maybe more like daydreaming. Whether we are trying to figure out an outcome through scenarios and ideas or contemplating specific decisions and rationalizing, we can fall under the negative spell of hopelessness or the positive spirit of righteousness. Entertaining this or that way is good or bad, so the bad would be an entertainment for the devils and the good would be entertainment for the angels. It's a form of expression I guess, but when you act on these entertainments you are either being led by this or that, good or bad, ungodly or Godly. lol im super tired too, forgot where I was going with this.

Ahh, yes, entertaining thoughts is really just thinking about things, okay.
In your other post, you said 'entertaining angels' in your thoughts....I was thinking 'Oh, no...its bad enough I have all these voices in my head, ... Now I gotta entertain them, too? Yikes! (And Im so bad at multi-tasking...I cant even juggle!) :juggle: :eyecrazy:

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Ahh, yes, entertaining thoughts is really just thinking about things, okay.
In your other post, you said 'entertaining angels' in your thoughts....I was thinking 'Oh, no...its bad enough I have all these voices in my head, ... Now I gotta entertain them, too? Yikes! (And Im so bad at multi-tasking...I cant even juggle!) :juggle: :eyecrazy:
lol pretty much, before I got saved my mind used to trail off into the most horrible thoughts and I would entertain thoughts (or contemplate) suicide, this to me was always the devil trying to convince me to act on it... Now, as soon as a bad thought tries to take my time and moment in life and rob me off joy my mind thinks "get behind thee Satan" and it goes away. Before I felt I had no control over it.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

Be of good cheer
A voice cries out:

“Clear a road through the desert for Adonai!
Level a highway in the ‘Aravah for our God!
4 Let every valley be filled in,
every mountain and hill lowered,
the bumpy places made level
and the crags become a plain.......

5 Then the glory of Adonai will be revealed;
all humankind together will see it,
for the mouth of Adonai has spoken.”

6 A voice says, “Proclaim!”
And I answer, “What should I proclaim?”
“All humanity is merely grass,
all its kindness like wildflowers:
7 the grass dries up, the flower fades,
when a wind from Adonai blows on it.
Surely the people are grass!
8 The grass dries up, the flower fades;
but the word of our God will stand forever.”

9 You who bring good news to Tziyon,
get yourself up on a high mountain;
you who bring good news to Yerushalayim,
cry out at the top of your voice!
Don’t be afraid to shout out loud!
Say to the cities of Y’hudah,
“Here is your God!
10 Here comes Adonai Elohim with power,
and his arm will rule for him.
Look! His reward is with him,
and his recompense is before him.
11 He is like a shepherd feeding his flock,
gathering his lambs with his arm,
carrying them against his chest,

gently leading the mother sheep.”

12 Who has counted the handfuls of water in the sea,
measured off the sky with a ruler,
gauged how much dust there is on the earth,

weighed the mountains on scales, or the hills in a balance?

13 Who has measured the Spirit of Adonai?
Who has been his counselor, instructing him?
14 Whom did he consult, to gain understanding?
Who taught him how to judge,
taught him what he needed to know,
showed him how to discern?

15 The nations are like a drop in a bucket,
they count like a grain of dust on the scales.
The islands weigh as little as specks of dust.
16 The L’vanon would not suffice for fuel
or its animals be enough for burnt offerings.
17 Before him all the nations are like nothing.
He regards them as less than nothing.

18 With whom, then, will you compare God?
By what standard will you evaluate him?
19 An image made by a craftsman,
which a goldsmith overlays with gold,
for which he then casts silver chains?
20 A man too poor to afford an offering
chooses a piece of wood that won’t rot,
then seeks out a skilled artisan
to prepare an image that won’t fall over.

21 Don’t you know? Don’t you hear?
Haven’t you been told from the start?
Don’t you understand how the earth is set up?
22 He who sits above the circle of the earth —
for whom its inhabitants appear like grasshoppers —
stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
spreads them out like a tent to live in.
23 He reduces princes to nothing,
the rulers of the earth to emptiness.
24 Scarcely are they planted, scarcely sown,
scarcely their stem taken root in the ground,
when he blows on them, they dry up,
and the whirlwind carries them off like straw.
25 “With whom, then, will you compare me?
With whom am I equal?” asks the Holy One.

26 Turn your eyes to the heavens!
See who created these?
He brings out the army of them in sequence,
summoning each by name.
Through his great might and his massive strength,
not one of them is missing.

27 Why do you complain, Ya‘akov;
why do you say, Isra’el,
“My way is hidden from Adonai,
my rights are ignored by my God”?
28 Haven’t you known, haven’t you heard
that the everlasting God, Adonai,
the Creator of the ends of the earth,
does not grow tired or weary?
His understanding cannot be fathomed.
29 He invigorates the exhausted,
he gives strength to the powerless.
30 Young men may grow tired and weary,
even the fittest may stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in Adonai will renew their strength,
they will soar aloft as with eagles’ wings;
when they are running they won’t grow weary,
when they are walking they won’t get tired.

Zebach Sh'lamim (Peace Offering) -- thanksgiving and gratefulness.
I would add fellowship within the Body of Christ as a comfort to one another in sharing knowledge of the foundations.

“I have told you these things while I am still with you. But the Counselor, the Ruach HaKodesh, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything; that is, he will remind you of everything I have said to you.
“What I am leaving with you is shalom(peace) — I am giving you my shalom(peace).

I don’t give the way the world gives.

Don’t let yourselves be upset or frightened. You heard me tell you, ‘I am leaving, and I will come back to you.’ If you loved me, you would have been glad that I am going to the Father; because the Father is greater than I.

1 Thessalonians 1Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
1 From: Sha’ul, Sila and Timothy

To: The Messianic Community of the Thessalonians, united with God the Father and the Lord Yeshua the Messiah:

Grace to you and shalom(peace)...
We always thank God for all of you, regularly mentioning you in our prayers,
calling to mind before God our Father what our Lord Yeshua the Messiah has brought about in you — how your trust produces action, your love hard work, and your hope perseverance. We know, brothers, that God has loved and chosen you; that the Good News we brought did not become for you a matter only of words, but also one of power, the Ruach HaKodesh and total conviction — just as you know how we lived for your sakes when we were with you. You, indeed, became imitators of us and of the Lord; so that even though you were going through severe troubles, you received the Word with joy from the Ruach HaKodesh.

1 Thessalonians 5Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
5 But you have no need to have anything written to you, brothers, about the times and dates when this will happen; 2 because you yourselves well know that the Day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 When people are saying, “Everything is so peaceful and secure,” then destruction will suddenly come upon them, the way labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and there is no way they will escape.

4 But you, brothers, are not in the dark, so that the Day should take you by surprise like a thief; 5 for you are all people who belong to the light, who belong to the day. We don’t belong to the night or to darkness, 6 so let’s not be asleep, like the rest are; on the contrary, let us stay alert and sober. 7 People who sleep, sleep at night; and people who get drunk, get drunk at night. 8 But since we belong to the day, let us stay sober, putting on trust and love as a breastplate and the hope of being delivered as a helmet. 9 For God has not intended that we should experience his fury, but that we should gain deliverance through our Lord Yeshua the Messiah, 10 who died on our behalf so that whether we are alive or dead, we may live along with him. 11 Therefore, encourage each other, and build each other up — just as you are doing.

12 We ask you, brothers, to respect those who are working hard among you, those who are guiding you in the Lord and confronting you in order to help you change. 13 Treat them with the highest regard and love because of the work they are doing. Live at peace among yourselves; 14 but we urge you, brothers, to confront those who are slack, your aim being to help them change, to encourage the timid, to assist the weak, and to be patient with everyone.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Adam Clarke's commentary says this about Hebrews 13:1
"Feel for, comfort, and support each other; and remember that he who professes to love God should love his brother also. They had this brotherly love among them; they should take care to retain it. As God is remarkable for his φιλανθρωπια, philanthropy, or love to man, so should they be for φιλαδελφια, or love to each other. See the note on Titus 3:4."

It reminds me of what it says in Hebrews 13:2 "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."

Top Bottom