What Have You Seen Out Your Window?

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I have windows where I can see out my front and back and kitchen windows. The one in the back is in my bedroom. Lately I have been seeing this big raccoon scurrying around. At first I was scared of him or her. This morning I threw him or her a couple of slices of rye bread. Felt sorry for the little guy. I know he was looking for food. He was chewing on something plastic on the garage roof outside my window. That can't be tasty!:lol:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I have windows where I can see out my front and back and kitchen windows. The one in the back is in my bedroom. Lately I have been seeing this big raccoon scurrying around. At first I was scared of him or her. This morning I threw him or her a couple of slices of rye bread. Felt sorry for the little guy. I know he was looking for food. He was chewing on something plastic on the garage roof outside my window. That can't be tasty!:lol:

I see storms crossing the valley and wind moving the trees and parrots and big black cockatoos and an occasional cat from a neighbour or two and a quenda and a duck with ducklings as the weeks pass through the seasons. that is out of my east facing windows. Out of my west facing windows I see the sunset and my pergola and a retaining wall with succulents planted in a planter built into the wall and my boundary fence and beyond some trees and the ridge capping of a neighbour's house. The south facing windows look down my steep driveway across my garden with a hedge and a lot of trees and some distance away the road and across it houses and trees and gardens. Sometimes I watch people walk their dog or do other things when I look out my south facing windows. I have no north facing windows, it is the hot side of things here where the sun blazes down through the summer days so I have a wall and some shading trees on the north and there's a garden shed there too, not far from the boundary fence on that side. I live in a quiet area, steep hills and trees - so many trees :)

In the morning when I pray I often sit on the south side and watch the ants and other bugs waking up as they go about their work for the day. The small nectar feeding birds fly to my flowering bushes and vines and the parrots settle in some of the large trees on my property so I see them and listen to them playing while I pray. God seems to like distractions both visual and auditory in my prayer times and I do not mind, he understands and I enjoy it.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
rabbits and guinea pigs

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We have a field past our backyard that's owned by the Amish. Out there I see deer and groundhogs.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
All kinds of weather, beautiful cloud formations, a neighboring cat that used to tease my cat when I had one, a large overgrown bush I need to trim or get rid of and

a peach tree, and an olive tree in various stages of bloom. This year I'm going to cure olives from my olive tree for the first time!

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
-

Last edited:

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
outside the front window is the street that runs in front of our house and our tree which has lost all its leaves. In the back I see frost covering all of the grass in the backyard. It looks cold

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I often see birds flitting around out of the windows at the back of my house. To one side is a line of trees. I'd like to see them removed, but they aren't my trees - they belong to my next door neighbor. I may talk to him about them again and ask if he'd take them down if I helped with the cost (or with the work of doing it). One of them was dead and I thought I was going to have to press him to have it taken out but one day I heard a weird noise and saw him out with a friend and a chainsaw, cutting up the tree on the ground and taking it away.

Some wildlife I see from the back window is less welcome - things that dig in my yard are most definitely not welcome. Sometimes I wish there were such a thing as a short range shotgun, so I could get rid of the things that burrow without having to worry about how far the shot might travel...

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I saw the raccoon again and gave him some rye bread.

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No
We have foxes roaming about out the front of the house and the back garden looking for food, we have squirrels everyday, all sorts of birds, like blue tits, robins, blackbird, jays, crows, and magpies and we feed them all everyday..maybe that's why all gods creatures and all that..

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Snow.....and......lights......lol

IACOBVS

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is one black-capped chickadee who visits the bird feeder on deck. I've not seen any other wild birds come by this winter, but there is a large wooded park nearby, and we've not had much snow yet, so they're probably still able to find plenty of natural food. We'll probably get more visitors as the winter goes on.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Last week I counted 15 deer playing in the back field, most of them babies! They were prancing around like little puppies and it was fun to watch them. Today I saw 2 hawks up in the trees just hanging out. They live nearby and I see one of them often but it seems as if he or she now has a mate for the winter!

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
A gray sky and bare tree branches.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I got a pizza the other night that tasted terrible. I threw it out my back window to the animals and birds out there. I looked out a few hours later and every bit of it was gone. Guess they didn't think it was so bad. :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I got a pizza the other night that tasted terrible. I threw it out my back window to the animals and birds out there. I looked out a few hours later and every bit of it was gone. Guess they didn't think it was so bad. :)

Where was the pizza from that it was so bad? LOL

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Where was the pizza from that it was so bad? LOL
It was from Dominoes! Their 5.99 Med. pizza. The cheese tastes awful and they hardly put any toppings on it. Yech.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It was from Dominoes! Their 5.99 Med. pizza. The cheese tastes awful and they hardly put any toppings on it. Yech.

Complain to them You might get a free one.

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No
To much crap weather lately... and cant wait for spring to come round... enough already with the rain england..

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
snow..and..cars driving on the ice..

Top Bottom