What did you want to do for a job when you were growing up?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
You might get along well with IDay... ?

When I was very young, I wanted to be an athlete. A runner, to be specific. Then by the time I was in high school, that changed to social worker. I took the long way there, though... I was a cashier, receptionist, nurse, spa practitioner/owner, and finally got my social work degree in 2010. I suppose I should have started with that. lol

Did you enjoy being the spa practioner/owner? It sounds relaxing?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
No kidding! I do parent education. My clients are involved with the Child Protection Ministry here, and they are referred to my small team. We teach attachment based parenting as well as do 1:1 counselling with them - usually things like how their attachment style as children influences adult relationships as well as their parenting attachment style. A lot of our parents deal with their own (or their children's) difficult behaviours, emotional dysregulation, and unhealthy coping. We'll have to create a thread to bounce ideas back and forth. lol

or we can pm each other. I have had some kids with reactive attachment disorder that I have seen. Also, some of our parents are in treatment as well. I am meeting with our life care pastor on 12/05 to talk to him about doing some case consultations with him.

Top Bottom