... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Luck you...I am waiting for something from Amazon and it was marked Delivered by UPS but it's not outside anywhere. I read online that sometimes they'll scan their stuff as Delivered so they don't miss a deadline and then sometimes don't drop it off at the houses until the next day. I'm not happy about that.

Mine was supposed to be here by 8pm. The UPS truck was 200 yards away six hours ago but no sign of my parcel. Amazon's page says little more than "oh dear, it's late, it should show up within the next few days". You know, like I've got nothing better to do than sit around at home for three days in case UPS cares to deliver it at any given time this week.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Getting reading to take my sleep pill and head off to sleep. :)

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Hurry like an idiot to go to the dentist. Every freakin 3 months. Did you brush well? Every tooth part 5seconds and hurry up all 3 have to be ready in 10 mins. now half my mouth isnt ready complains the eldest. oh my goodness.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Mine was supposed to be here by 8pm. The UPS truck was 200 yards away six hours ago but no sign of my parcel. Amazon's page says little more than "oh dear, it's late, it should show up within the next few days". You know, like I've got nothing better to do than sit around at home for three days in case UPS cares to deliver it at any given time this week.

If mine doesn't show up today I'm putting in a complaint on the UPS webpage. They shouldn't let their drivers get away with scanning the packages as delivered if they aren't delivered. And if the driver went to the wrong house, he needs to go find my box! My neighbors won't bring it over, they don't even bring me my mail :(

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
I'm breaking with my daily routine a little, today. I've got a lot of laundry to do between now and when I have to get ready for work, so I'm putting off my morning devotions until I get one load into the dryer and the next load into the washer. I did say the morning prayers today, already, though.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I did a quick 2 mile walk before I go to my doctor's appointment later. I wish his office wasn't so far away.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If mine doesn't show up today I'm putting in a complaint on the UPS webpage. They shouldn't let their drivers get away with scanning the packages as delivered if they aren't delivered. And if the driver went to the wrong house, he needs to go find my box! My neighbors won't bring it over, they don't even bring me my mail :(

A few years back I made a formal complaint to a supplier when the parcel that was supposed to be delivered wasn't delivered, and then to add insult to injury the courier noted that they tried to deliver it at 10:30pm. The house I lived had one door accessible to the street and nobody had been anywhere near it all night.

My parcel showed up last night at 9:53pm. Annoying that it was so late but I kinda feel for our local UPS driver (he's a really nice guy) if he was having to work that late. Technically he failed because it was supposed to be with me by 8 (and if I'd known it wasn't going to be here until so late I'd have gone walking in the morning) but now I have it.

Did your parcel turn up in the end?

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Was out with one of the youth from our group program today and we'd found a community park to go for a walk. I'll have to remember where this one is - it'd be good to start getting some exercise again and seeing how my knees do with some walking a few times a week to start. It has a trail around a small lake, which is nice - still 'urban' but far enough off the main drag to be peaceful and not far to drive. We may go back soon, and then I can time how long for a lap around the trail.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
More playing with fiberglass in the crawl space. Today I got the gaps filled in, which also involved sucking another 40-50 gallons of the old cellulose out of the way. I hate that stuff.

I found one downside of my shiny new thermal imager, it's so very sensitive. Once I'd put all the fiberglass down I looked over everything with the imager and found an unexpected warm spot. It turned out the fiberglass wasn't nestled into place quite right, so I adjusted it. Then the thermal imager showed that it was even worse... turned out the fact I had handed it meant it was slightly warmer because it picked up some heat from my hand, and the imager was picking up that extra warmth. So I had some lunch and went back with the imager, and now everything looks good in there. WHich is good, because it means I can take a break from the confined space and do some more work in spaces that aren't so confined for a while.

It looks like I've still got a lot of insulation work ahead of me, the imager showed a lot of unexpected spots in the house that need some attention.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Working on some cross stitch ornaments.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Made a soccer field for the santa present at school next week.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Got the outside Christmas lights on a timer, before I had to go out and plug them in when it got dark and unplug them before we went to bed. Now they run from about dusk to about midnight on a timer switch.

Then I swapped out a couple of the handles on external storm doors. One would lock but only if you hit the locking lever quite hard. I had a new handle that locks with a key (as opposed to purely an internal lever), so put that on a different door and took the handle from that onto the dodgy door. Now it all works as it should. Along the way I managed to break a drill bit. It happens if you drop the drill and it lands on a thin bit. So I got to go to the local hardware store and buy another drill bit.

Once that was done it was time for another quick sweep with the thermal imager to check the temperatures in the attic, to see if there are spots where the insulation could do with immediate attention. I found one spot that looked surprisingly warm, then realised it was near the chimney and the furnace was running. There were a few spots I expected, a few that I didn't, and a surprising amount of reassurance that it's not actually too bad up there.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
I went around the neighborhood after work admiring all the Christmas- themed displays people put in their yards. I'm really looking forward to Advent!

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Sitting at the Hema. Coffee orange juice croissant and a bread w egg 2 euro. Place is packed lol, we all love cheap.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Sitting at the Hema. Coffee orange juice croissant and a bread w egg 2 euro. Place is packed lol, we all love cheap.

Sounds good. I miss places like that. You order that in the U.S. or Canada and it's about 8 euro ($9.50 or so)

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Getting ready for bed. Moving day today.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

That is a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom