Not open for further replies.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I posted on the Dutch reformed forum yesterday. A lesbian preacher saying God told her it was all fine. Go live w your girlfriend. Lots of practicising gays there and ppl who dont mind about sex before marriage, the most disgusting stuff and they can just talk about it there. So I thought itd be nice to teach em about getting a new nature and how unclean demons can get kicked out. Lol one said I had an evil spirit. They did not like it.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I posted on the Dutch reformed forum yesterday. A lesbian preacher saying God told her it was all fine. Go live w your girlfriend. Lots of practicising gays there and ppl who dont mind about sex before marriage, the most disgusting stuff and they can just talk about it there. So I thought itd be nice to teach em about getting a new nature and how unclean demons can get kicked out. Lol one said I had an evil spirit. They did not like it.

I imagine that they didn't like it and they probably get visitors every day or two doing the same as you did so it would not be new.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I imagine that they didn't like it and they probably get visitors every day or two doing the same as you did so it would not be new.

No noone ever says that. Theyre reformed. They dont believe in that you get a new nature or about demons. They dont even believe that. No wonder their church could never help em. One guy asked for help. Dont really care what the rest thinks.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Working at Starbucks. Third day that our (shared) office has been re-arranged to accommodate a new desk. Day one was bringing in boxes. Day two, set up the desk and leave the boxes. Day three, rearrange the desks. God only knows what I'll walk in to tomorrow, but it should be fun (as I'm leaving, I hear: "Go ahead and unplug it. They can figure it out later..." 'They' being 'me') :D

Well, off to facilitate group.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Spent most of yesterday doing absolutely nothing of any consequence at all. I think I ate something that disagreed with me because I didn't feel good for most of the day. Today I went for a walk in the park with my wife, stopped at a local coffee shop that we really like (they quite like us too, which I'm sure has nothing to do with how often we visit :) ). Then I got to cutting up some board to make a box. I've got a bunch of things in a bunch of cardboard boxes and they're getting ever-more unwieldy, so I'm making a single box to keep it all in. So far I've cut the board to size and bought some screws to put it all together. Next up is to actually join all the pieces together. That can wait until tomorrow morning, having friends round this evening.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
looking forward to four days off without being on call. I need a break

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
I'd just got home from Divine Service ( it was a Thanksgiving Eve Service complete with the Sacrament of the Lord's Supper). I attended that right after I got off from work. It's been quite a good day. :)

Last edited:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I just got up from a nap :)

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No
Been awake since about 4.30am thanks wind and rain now wide awake

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I was up most of the night from heartburn...from an egg I ate for my dinner. Local fresh egg :( I looked online that eggs can cause inflammation. How weird!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Today is going to be a lazy day.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm looking at Amazon and not seeing any good Black Friday Deals. I am glad I didn't get up early to try to shop on there. I remember years ago they had really good deals!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I found a couple of tools I'm going to want for my project at big discounts. Now I'm just trying to decide whether I want them enough to buy them outright, or look for cheaper options. Gotta decide fast, the sale is over soon!

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
I just started reading Revolution Song, by Russell Shorto.

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
watching sports

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Was looking at the Dutch reformed forum. That guy is so funny. Henkie the mod who has no time for dumb fights cause he has to spend time w his wife and kids. There was a huge fight going on yesterday. I look now. Whoop everything removed as if noone ever said anything. No comment from him. Nothing. Fabulous. Henkie be like: I see garbage. Lets throw that away.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Was looking at the Dutch reformed forum. That guy is so funny. Henkie the mod who has no time for dumb fights cause he has to spend time w his wife and kids. There was a huge fight going on yesterday. I look now. Whoop everything removed as if noone ever said anything. No comment from him. Nothing. Fabulous. Henkie be like: I see garbage. Lets throw that away.
Its a shame, but, some ppl feel very passionate about the things theyre discussing. They may spend alot of time and energy collecting their thoughts, maybe theyre not very articulate, maybe they struggle with computers, or their device with typing, correcting mistakes alot before submitting. Maybe they pray alot for the ppl theyre discussing things with, only to have it all wiped out at the whim of some hireling on a power trip, its a shame. (Not saying thats what happened on the dutch forums, not at all, but it happens other places, at least one)

I remember a place where an arguement/thread went on for a long time. It got picked up by others and re-kindled, and a handful of the same new ppl went back and forth for about 4 weeks. During it all, one of the debators was actually a mod, so it made it unnerving for the ppl in opposition to that side, and the ppl on the mods side felt comfortable saying some things I guarantee they wouldnt have said or gotten away with if they were on the other side.

So that aspect was already unfair and imbalanced.
Once in a while, other ppl would enter and give a comment, some on both sides.
Yes, there were a few kinda nasty things said, no big deal, nothing foul or disgusting, and the ppl would come back a day or two later overlooking some snide remarks or apologizing for others and continue the heated exchange.

There were AT LEAST a couple ppl on one side who prayed often, did extensive research, really searched the scriptures, and tried hard to get their points across, with hopes that perhaps some readers down the line would benefit and maybe even get saved, and to God be the glory.

There were even ppl once in a while popping in to say thanks, they were learning things, even if they werent willing to take sides at the moment, and there were many 'guests' observing on the sidelines.

Suddenly, without warning, the thread was pulled down. (It appeared imo the side against the mod was making valid points and the others simply had no rebuttal left, just rehashing the same nonsense that couldnt be supported HONESTLY from scripture...they really had to twist things and hop all over the place, they couldnt stay on one point long enough, bc they KNEW it would get shot full of holes.)

Then they resorted to some bullying tactics and making snide little comments at odd times, to which then both sides got accused of getting personal, though that wasnt really true. I think that was a goading technique they used knowing the thread would get pulled, but giving the look of being justified in doing it.

But all that hard work, thought, effort and prayer went to nothing at the push of a button.
At least 2 ppl got banned, not necessarily immediately, but you knew what was up eventually.
At least one other left after time. The others got to stay and cause more damage...I feel sorry for the new ppl that get caught in those kinds of webs.

Then you look in and find, oh, it wasnt ALL completely pulled, it didnt disappear.
Theres at least ONE person that would make copies of ALL the posts (at least of certain members) and had (has?) quite the file of archives. Taught me a valuable lesson, tho I would only do it in defense as a last resort, if at all.

But there they were, snickering and getting little digs in to ppl that werent even there anymore, showing past posts and saying "look, he said this here, and she said that there'... gossipping and patting themselves on the back for another 'victory' and 'running out the heretics, or wolves in sheeps clothing' ... when in actuality, THEY were the wolves in sheeps clothing...it's unbelieveable to observe that stuff, but it can be like looking at a train wreck...except alot of times its no accident. Theres some pretty dishonest ppl out there, or some with nothing better to do than to mess with others, theres no redeeming quality to it, theyre not trying to help ppl get saved or grown in Christ, just an agenda to knock others around, or protect their own interests, it seems.

Anyway, if they would have taken the time to address a post here or there that came in and give the ppl involved chances to explain things, ... but they never would even point out which post was said when to who or find out why. They would make vague accusations if any, and then WHOOP, gone.

So anyway, I dont know if thats the case on the dutch forums, but theres at least 1 English speaking one, and Ive heard folks complain about another like that I know of, maybe alot more, but idk, I dont travel the internet much.

Maybe on the dutch one, it was justified if there was alot of cursing going on or mean personal remarks about ppls personal lives, idk. When I listen to some of the dutch vids you share with me, every other word sounds bad anyway.... Flooktashluurba flinginbrouda, ja?
(You watch your mouth young lady!)
Lol I love it!!! :disgonbegood:
And I am looking forward to the dutch sermons.
Anyway, why did I tell all that? dunno :dunno:.
Stay away from those nasty sites, I guess. :tea:
(Or just continue to give em the gospel, til they throw you out, lol) :thumbsup:

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
TRYING to make this site work this morning....

Somehow the main page won't load.... all the settings have changed.... I lost my staff role (maybe I got fired and no one bothered to tell me, lol)....

Just isn't working. Maybe it's on my end.

I go through withdrawals when CH isn't working...

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Just now got in was down all morning at least for me

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
ran 4.9 miles this morning and put up the tree and now going to watch Michigan vs. Ohio State. I guess since I was born in Ohio I should root for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom