... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Just helped my pastor out with a few computer issues, then stopped by the hardware store to replenish my stock of building foam. They're just a couple of miles away but it's good to know I have what I need rather than having to go out part way through a job, especially when the items in question are cheap. Today I expected to use one can and ended up using two cans.

The area I'm working on was hovering between 59-60 degrees when I finished work and turned the heating off. Now, somewhere north of two hours later, it's dropped to 57 degrees. The outside temperature looks like it's still hovering around 35. So there's probably still room for improvement but the fact it hasn't nosedived is a good sign. Maybe I will get my insulation panels fitted before too long. That would be nice - get them off the floor and doing something more useful than taking up space. Hopefully before long they will start saving me some real money.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Got home from an interview for a "meh" job, watched a bit of TV and did some laundry. Got home and saw I missed a call from the local health authority for an interview for a GREAT position. I'll catch them first thing tomorrow. The health authority is a prime place to work but tough to get in - even to get a call.

Okay, so it turns out that I know/have met the interviewer through connecting with her in the community, and she recognized my name from the applications. BONUS!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I checked the temperature in the room I'd been working. With the temperature outside not going over about 35, in a little over five hours the temperature in that area dropped from 59-60 to 56. So I guess the work I'm doing is continuing to yield results. We had an oil delivery the other day as well, which shows our oil usage is still down about 30% from where it used to be.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Okay, so it turns out that I know/have met the interviewer through connecting with her in the community, and she recognized my name from the applications. BONUS!

That could be handy.... hoping it works out for you!

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
New "Forged In Fire"on tonight!

"Your weapon... will kill..." :D

Forged.jpg

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
At the moment I'm reading a rather interesting book on ...hmm...well, a human subject matter. The author pulls no punches and the views expressed without a hint of subterfuge. Straight forward and to the point. I'm not sure that I agree with all of them but it's uncanny in that some of the examples used I can identify in certain persons who are, or were, in my life at one time.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Thinking about getting on with some work for the day. Despite spraying building foam into just about every accessible part of where my draft was coming from, I still have a draft. It's much reduced but still there, which is annoying.

I think I'm going to have to pry some metal sheathing off the beam completely, then get in there with more building foam, and nail the sheathing back on. The maximum expanding foam won't cure properly until it gets a lot warmer and the minimum expanding foam needs the can to be inverted to spray it, which is tricky when working in this particular spcae.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm singing...because I can :D LOL

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Sounds like a good reason to sing. Unless you're me, in which case the Geneva Convention prohibits that sort of thing :)

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Sounds like a good reason to sing. Unless you're me, in which case the Geneva Convention prohibits that sort of thing :)

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
LOL cruel and unusual maybe

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

You've obviously never heard me sing. If you had, you might not have used the word "maybe" in that post :)

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

You've obviously never heard me sing. If you had, you might not have used the word "maybe" in that post :)

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Doing some reading to prep for an interview tomorrow. At Starbucks because if I'd stayed home I'd be falling asleep. :sleep3:

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Just finished dinner and watching a show. :)

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sitting with a cup of tea, debating whether to buy a nailer than will save me the time it takes to hammer nails in by hand. My immediate requirement is just for a few nails but when I get rooms finished I'm going to have huge amounts of trim to nail into place. The local hardware store has a deal on that is quite tempting, I'm debating whether to take it or wait a couple of months because they usually have a summer sale. Of course if I let this deal go by and the summer sale isn't as good, it means I lose out a bit.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I realised I turned off the heating in the space I'd been working on and forgot to turn it back on. The temperature in there had dropped to 51 degrees, from 59 degrees when I turned it off. That took nearly 10 hours with outside temperatures hovering around freezing and a howling wind, so not horribly bad. The walls are more or less a uniform temperature so now seems like a good time to start fitting insulation panels.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sitting with a cup of tea, debating whether to buy a nailer than will save me the time it takes to hammer nails in by hand. My immediate requirement is just for a few nails but when I get rooms finished I'm going to have huge amounts of trim to nail into place. The local hardware store has a deal on that is quite tempting, I'm debating whether to take it or wait a couple of months because they usually have a summer sale. Of course if I let this deal go by and the summer sale isn't as good, it means I lose out a bit.

Get the nailer!! I've always wanted one so try it out for me and then leave a review :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom