Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I have one more session today and then I'm done for work for the day.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I had a hard time logging in today...you might have seen me here but it wasn't really me! :eek: The page wouldn't fully load to let me do anything! It's all good now.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Waiting for a friend so we can go to the store.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Was going to take it easy today but then figured my house isn't going to break itself. Today's task was trying to remove a baseboard. Removing a baseboard is an easy process if it's been fitted as you'd expect. If a new floor is fitted against the baseboard it becomes a lot harder. So I pried the top away from the wall, ran a sawzall along behind it to cut all the nails holding it in place. Then I could pry it further off the wall, pry the laths out from behind it and lift out as much of the plaster as I could. Then my trusty shop vac helped suck out the dust and the pieces I couldn't easily reach, and one of my nail extractors was a good size to scrape the plaster away from the nails at the bottom of the baseboard. With the plaster scraped away it turned to dust, which the shop vac made short work of. And then a nice new metal cutting blade for my oscillating tool made short work of the nails.

Previously I'd been trying to use a blade that turned out to be designed for nail-embedded wood, which didn't last very long. Small wonder - it's designed for cutting wood that might have a nail in it, not for cutting one nail after another. Anyway, now the baseboard is lifted out undamaged, the laths are removed, I've got another 50lb of plaster debris in my polypropylene bags and, most importantly, I've got a clear view of almost the entirety of an exterior wall. Now I can spray foam behind the studs, fill the spaces between the studs with insulation panels (finally shifting some more of the things that have sat there since January) and get moving forward again. I'm going to cut shims from a piece of 2x4 to put in the space under the baseboard, so if I need to remove it again I can just prise it off the wall. I'll be attaching it with small nails rather than the biggest nails I can find, which will also make life easier.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have to return to the grocery store since I saw I got overcharged by $4 for an item. That's a big discrepancy. I hate having to drive back there but at least now I know that I can get the same item at Walmart or Amazon and not get ripped off and I might start making a separate shopping trip for different items.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have to return to the grocery store since I saw I got overcharged by $4 for an item. That's a big discrepancy. I hate having to drive back there but at least now I know that I can get the same item at Walmart or Amazon and not get ripped off and I might start making a separate shopping trip for different items.

How far is the grocery store? I've had a couple of overcharge situations over the years but decided it wasn't worth spending the money on the gas to recover it.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
i went jogging early this morning and getting ready to go to work

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
How far is the grocery store? I've had a couple of overcharge situations over the years but decided it wasn't worth spending the money on the gas to recover it.

It's a 12-15 minute drive to this one. I wanted my 4 dollars :D I got there and went to the aisle and took a pic and then went to the service desk and the guy didn't even want to see the pic, he just gave me $4 in cash. I must look honest.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's a 12-15 minute drive to this one. I wanted my 4 dollars :D I got there and went to the aisle and took a pic and then went to the service desk and the guy didn't even want to see the pic, he just gave me $4 in cash. I must look honest.

Either that or you're the 437th person to make the same complaint :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Either that or you're the 437th person to make the same complaint :)

I doubt that. They don't stock every day and there were still plenty left on the shelf. Maybe the guy saw me go over with my camera before coming to the desk? Another guy watched me and probably thought I was crazy LOL

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Just watching tv now.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
Surfing the web while listening to Christie screw things up royally as usual on the sitcom " Mom." I still don't understand the point of all that classical music.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I thought I'd fixed all the major holes in my wall. Yeah, about that....

I took down the last few laths within reach that ran behind an interior stud wall and found.... you guessed it.... more big holes in the face of the concrete block. Some of them were extra fun because I couldn't get my pointing trowel in between two studs that are very close together. I got the ones I can easily reach without my ladder, and fixed a few more places where the mortar was very thin and very patchy. There are a couple more to do but to get at them I need to get my ladder into the space, which is tricky because it's in a corner with a large book shelf very close by and I need to lift the ladder over the cast iron radiators that currently sit in the middle of the floor.

Once I've got them all fixed up I can push forward hard with putting insulation panels into place. With any luck I'll be able to get most of that done by the end of next week, and then I can talk to my friend with the trailer about maybe going to haul some sheets of drywall for me. That means buying a drywall hoist.... I considered renting one but figured I'm going to need to use it multiple times and it probably makes more sense to just buy the thing, use it as long as I need it, and then sell it when I'm done. If I rent it I have to go and get it, pay by the day, then go and take it back again. Based on current estimates I'm going to need to rent it at least six times, which will probably cost more in time, gas and rental costs than what I'd expect to lose on buying a new one and selling a lightly used one.

My wife's car needs some work done on it, so it can wait until the next credit card billing cycle.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Having a bit of a medication hang-over. I'd run out of what I usually take for allergies, but had another type, so I took that yesterday. It interacted with other medication I take and wreaked havoc on me all last night. You want to talk about some wild dreams - man, let me tell you! The other allergy meds have been disposed of :D

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I was all set to go out and weed the garden because it wasn't supposed to rain...but it's sprinkling. Too muddy now to go out there.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Need to take my wife's car to the garage. It's been knocking and rattling for a while until we got tired of it and took it in to see what's wrong. It's an expense I'd rather defer but also I'd rather get the car sorted out before it gets any worse. It's an older car so things wear out.... still cheaper than buying a new car.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Noticed the common door (locked) between my suite and the rest of the house come unlocked and swing open. Always nice... Barricaded the door and texted the upstairs guy to see if he has a key to lock it up

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Noticed the common door (locked) between my suite and the rest of the house come unlocked and swing open. Always nice... Barricaded the door and texted the upstairs guy to see if he has a key to lock it up

Poltergeist. You need an exorcism :D

Stay safe! I'm just kidding about the exorcism but still, having a door open that shouldn't be is a cause for concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom