Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Going to an appointment this morning. Be back soon!

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Sitting at the Hema. Coffee orange juice croissant and a bread w egg 2 euro. Place is packed lol, we all love cheap.
Send me one lol at that price I would eat there all the time

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
watching a Netflix documentary about Mike Tyson

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Saint Klaas surprises are ready.

20171202_010417.jpg

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Trying to figure out why one part of my exterior wall is much warmer than the rest. The curious part is that the porch floor is also several degrees warmer, so it's clearly not just heat escaping through the walls. Trying to figure what in the basement might be causing heat to leak out so badly... I suspect it's getting into the wall from below and then just rising up through the cavity, so I need to stop it getting into the cavity in the first place.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
20171202_122847.jpg
in the bus to my sister to celebrate santa

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I finished my reading challenge goal this morning of reading 40 books for the year.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
Getting ready for work. See you lot tonight.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Electrical fiddling today - replaced the old cable to a socket in my study with a nice new cable. Sadly it isn't connected to anything, as the place I'd planned to connect it proved less accessible than I had hoped. But the cable is in place, ready to roll, as soon as I can get at the connection point. The old cable had a surprise in store for me, it didn't go where I expected it to go. In theory it means disconnecting it completely will be easier than I first expected, which is handy. It can take its place in my growing pile of old cable I've pulled out.

Then I did some more checking with my thermal camera to look for heat leaks. I found a few and plugged them with rolled up fiberglass. It's a temporary fix but means I'm not losing so much heat while the full job is pending. The outside of the house looks a lot better, as seen through the thermal camera now. There are still a few hotspots I want to fix, and I think I've found the cause of a couple of them already, just a question of making it all happen.

It was very pleasing to see one room, that I thought would be the source of a fair amount of heat loss, not show up on the thermal image. Where I put the fiberglass over the top of it also shows up as a near uniform blue, which is pleasing.
Now I'm sitting in my recliner, dinner will be ready in about 10 minutes.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Tango, you'll be saving a lot on your heating and cooling bills now!

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Electrical fiddling today - replaced the old cable to a socket in my study with a nice new cable. Sadly it isn't connected to anything, as the place I'd planned to connect it proved less accessible than I had hoped. But the cable is in place, ready to roll, as soon as I can get at the connection point. The old cable had a surprise in store for me, it didn't go where I expected it to go. In theory it means disconnecting it completely will be easier than I first expected, which is handy. It can take its place in my growing pile of old cable I've pulled out.

Then I did some more checking with my thermal camera to look for heat leaks. I found a few and plugged them with rolled up fiberglass. It's a temporary fix but means I'm not losing so much heat while the full job is pending. The outside of the house looks a lot better, as seen through the thermal camera now. There are still a few hotspots I want to fix, and I think I've found the cause of a couple of them already, just a question of making it all happen.

It was very pleasing to see one room, that I thought would be the source of a fair amount of heat loss, not show up on the thermal image. Where I put the fiberglass over the top of it also shows up as a near uniform blue, which is pleasing.
Now I'm sitting in my recliner, dinner will be ready in about 10 minutes.

Winter is coming so the insulation fixes will be helpful and warming.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Tango, you'll be saving a lot on your heating and cooling bills now!

I certainly hope so. The heating will be a lot lower for many reasons. Firstly we used to rent part of the house and the tenant kept the heat at around 70 degrees, and pending a rebuild we keep it at 62. Then there's the insulation, which should save a whole load of cash. One year I found a horrendous draft so bought a panel of 2" expanded polystyrene insulation. The panel cost me about $35 and I used less than a quarter of it. Within six weeks it had saved nearly $100 in heating costs.

As I find and correct heat leaks I'm expecting the heating bills to come down nicely, and once I get insulation panels across the entire walls it should come down way further. Then I get to try my hand at drywall installation. That could be interesting. I'm keen to try it to see just how difficult it is but based on what a few people have said I may end up paying someone to do the work.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
The last guy who rented my new place must have been a little unhappy. He left a 'gift' of little shards of glass across the entire bedroom floor. Ask me how I found out. Ouch!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The last guy who rented my new place must have been a little unhappy. He left a 'gift' of little shards of glass across the entire bedroom floor. Ask me how I found out. Ouch!

Ow!! Wood floor? Damp mop it after you sweep or vacuum. That's not cool :(

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Carpeted :(
Off to find a heck of a vacuum today

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

Oh my goodness.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If you're vacuuming up glass that you can't see, find something that will stand out against the underlying surface and sprinkle it liberally. Then vacuum it all up. You can tell where you've covered because the powder you sprinkled is missing.

On a wooden floor I usually use salt or sugar. Not sure what to suggest for carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom