Not open for further replies.

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Watching Rugby...New Zealand is playing uhhhhhh Scotland

I dont watch rugby a whole lot but I know New Zealand is really good.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
What is a gyro? I saw them on offer one day when I was on vacation but never saw what they were.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just got a little bit of lightweight wood cutting done. I need to rejig the lights in the basement because they aren't throwing out as much light as I'd hoped. Maybe tomorrow afternoon I'll reshuffle them, and add a light at the bottom of the basement stairs where it's very dim. Handy I had some offcuts of plywood kicking around that were perfect for cutting into little batons.

Also did a minor home repair. One of my exterior doors wasn't locking properly. It's not the primary security to the house but still a little alarming when someone opened it so they could knock on the inner door. At first I thought I forgot to lock it but it turned out the catch wasn't holding it shut. A little fiddling with wood shims fixed it, pending replacing the handle completely. Sooner or later the entire door is going to get replaced, but not just yet.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What is a gyro? I saw them on offer one day when I was on vacation but never saw what they were.

Greek food!!! Soooooo good. It's meat in a pita with a special cucumber sauce and then some veggies.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Greek food!!! Soooooo good. It's meat in a pita with a special cucumber sauce and then some veggies.

Meat in a pitta? Is the meat spiced lamb sliced thinly from an upright skewer, that's often so fatty you can tip the thing to one side and pour it out, yet tastes far better than it should given what it is?

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Just finished my first all grain brew from barley and hops. In about 3 weeks time I'll test it and see how it went. I don't expect it to be great seeing as it's my first.

Had some trouble converting the (unmalted) barley this time - not sure of the reason for that. I used green (fresh instead of dried) malt that was mostly 100% the length of the grain (the acrospire should instead ideally be 75%) and when I didn't get conversion for the unmalted portion of the barley I added isolated enzymes at the appropriate temps and kept them for several hours doing a 3 step mash (which includes boiling for a time as well as lower temp conversion). This morning my wort was sweet - but I have a feeling I didn't get a full conversion. The reason for that, I'm not sure. Could be that I didn't mill the grain fine enough. Could be that the malted barley initially used for conversion was just past it's peak for that conversion. Not sure. I did get conversion, just not sure if I got the right amount. Specific gravity (density) wasn't checked...hmm...I will make sure to do that next time and compare to kit brews.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Meat in a pitta? Is the meat spiced lamb sliced thinly from an upright skewer, that's often so fatty you can tip the thing to one side and pour it out, yet tastes far better than it should given what it is?

George is Greek... [MENTION=33]George[/MENTION] tell us the secrets of gyros?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
just looking over the forum before getting ready for church

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Church is done, lunch is eaten, dishes are clean, now I'm debating whether to put my feet up and watch some TV or change into my working clothes and play with some insulation and cables.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
I attended Sunday School and Church and now I'm eating some cheerios with bananas and getting ready to go to work. Got called in early.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
watching the pre race hype for Dale Earnhardt's final race as a full time driver.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just got home from a 3 mile walk :)

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hoped to do some walking this weekend but the weather wasn't sufficiently compliant. In the end I twiddled with some electrics in the basement so now I have a lot more light in the room I do most of the work (achieved by moving lights rather than adding new ones) and now the stairs down to the basement are also illuminated thanks to a new light I put right at the bottom of the stairs.

Then I had a general clean-up. I told the electrician not to worry about cleaning up the debris when he was done, because he was charging me on a time-and-materials basis and I didn't feel like paying electrician's rates to have the floor swept, given I needed to clean up the whole room anyway. And I finally got rid of a huge box. I had been using it as a table but was growing weary of it being in the way, so it went out to the recyling pile.

FInally I threw a bunch more scrap metal into my box. A friend collects it for a charity he works with, so I've been saving the scraps of old wiring as I pull them out. Some of it is literally scraps, some of it has a good weight to it, like the time I ripped out 50 feet of what's essentially armored #12 cable. Before long I'll be pulling out the cable to the old cooker point, which will be about 50 feet of armored #6 cable. That really does have some weight to it.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I'm recovering from a slightly too hot bath. :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm recovering from a slightly too hot bath. :)

Ouch. Are you a lobster?

I'm texting my sister-in-law...not about you LOL. She sent me a birthday gift and I was thanking her.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
Got home from a long and exhausting day at work.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
I am now beginning to read Rebecca Fraser's new book, The Mayflower: The Families, the Voyage and the Founding of America.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Eating breakfast and waiting for my laundry to finish.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Drinking my morning coffee before getting busy with some insulation in a crawl space that's probably going to be quite cold. It doesn't seem that long ago I wasn't working in there because the temperature was over 120 degrees.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Finally managed to get a new cable run, finding where it needed to be was tricky to say the least. Got a bunch of nasty cellulose sucked out into my mongrel separator (I was surprised to see I'd sucked out enough to not only fill the separator but also fill the 16 gallon shop vac that was providing the suction. Then got some nice new fiberglass into place.

Going for a walk in the park felt truly wonderful - the nice cool air and, more importantly, the nice clean air that doesn't have dust hanging in it and doesn't need me to wear a dust mask. Then the sun went down and the park closed, so I went home and put some more fiberglass down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom