Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
1. He died in the 4th century
2. Facial recognition software showed that there are 280 differences.
3. He can impossibly visit the whole Netherlands on a horse and be in all those places at the same time.
4. Every country has their own saint.
5. Black Pete has a white butt.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
3. He can impossibly visit the whole Netherlands on a horse and be in all those places at the same time.

That looks like "proof" to me :p

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
the evidence of a hoax is overwhelming

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
200fa84f78b3bdf656de211eda35b7b1.jpg
393f6fd0c6415db5dc5fde0a83f87fd3.jpg

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I guess if I could read Dutch I would get the message of this thread, but I don't. :(

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I guess if I could read Dutch I would get the message of this thread, but I don't. :(

I was too lazy to translate all that nonsense, but I translated his 5 points in the second post.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

I was too lazy to translate all that nonsense, but I translated his 5 points in the second post.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Ah. I didn't catch that the 5 were drawn from the lengthier discussion in the link.

But if so, what's the issue? Santa Claus isn't St. Nicholas. "He" is merely based upon the life of St. Nicholas.

Or is it a joke that I didn't get because of not being able to read the link?

Last edited:

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Ah. I didn't catch that the 5 were drawn from the lengthier discussion in the link.

But if so, what's the issue? Santa Claus isn't St. Nicholas. "He" is merely based upon the life of St. Nicholas.

Or is it a joke that I didn't get because of not being able to read the link?

He just said: is the one we see now a hoax? Cause he's everywhere at the same time and his face looks different and the real one already died. So yes it was just a dumb joke. We met him yesterday in the city on his horse btw.
Sinterklaas. He comes here the 5th of december. Santa is his nephew.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yes, the problem--if that's not too elegant a word for a little matter--is that this is an issue that we hear every year from people go at it seriously, either being outraged that little children might not be told the absolute truth or, if not that, from people who want to debunk every Christmas tradition at once, using Santa Claus as a handy starting point.

BTW, I've always thought that Sinterklass was a much preferable figure when compared to the American version created by Clement Moore in the 19th century. Too much of that Jolly Old Elf thing and, to make matters worse, Mrs. Claus, Rudolf the Reindeer, and every other modification created over the years since.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes, the problem--if that's not too elegant a word for a little matter--is that this is an issue that we hear every year from people go at it seriously, either being outraged that little children might not be told the absolute truth or, if not that, from people who want to debunk every Christmas tradition at once, using Santa Claus as a handy starting point.

BTW, I've always thought that Sinterklass was a much preferable figure when compared to the American version created by Clement Moore in the 19th century. Too much of that Jolly Old Elf thing and, to make matters worse, Mrs. Claus, Rudolf the Reindeer, and every other modification created over the years since.

Mrs Claus? Didn't know that. He has nothing to do w Christmas here. With Christmas Santa comes nowadays, but he isn't really popular here.
I read that his help was originally a demonic black creature, so to make it nicer for the kids they made him a friendly dumb black slave, which was perfectly normal more than a century ago, but now ppl find it racist and the Dutch get mad when you tell em it's racist.
In Curacao Sint paints himself white.
I think the elves were a better idea.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Mrs Claus? Didn't know that. He has nothing to do w Christmas here.
He comes on St. Nicholas' Day or the eve of it, in other words. That makes sense, doesn't it?

I read that his help was originally a demonic black creature, so to make it nicer for the kids they made him a friendly dumb black slave, which was perfectly normal more than a century ago, but now ppl find it racist and the Dutch get mad when you tell em it's racist.

I have no idea where that particular story comes from, but St. Nicholas was a real bishop (and looks more like a bishop in his attire than Santa does in the USA) who gained a certain fame from giving presents or money to some poor children. From that the concept of imitating this generosity grew and it became a tradition in families.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
•And again in the 6th. They say he's feeling a bit better now, though.

•If it's on the internet, it must be true.

•Ok, the wording of that ↑ sentence proves the superiority of The Dutch...
The Lesser's can't understand it.

•Yes. The venerable SaintDutchRenskie was appointed to be the next Pope, but she turned it down because of the silly hats. (Although she did look kinda cute in them, anyway. Of course)

•Thats from sliding on his rear down the giant snow covered mountains of the Netherville Alps to bring toy parts to the elven workers where they assemble them into usable toys and distribute them to the tiny village tots of Holland Valley and other places.

(and quit peekin')
:cheer:

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Sorry Im not good at the quote/re-quote separate thing

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

5. No someone said from sliding off the snow covered roofs. Petes dont live in the Northpole. They live in Spain and if you misbehave they whip you w a cane and put you in a bag and take you with them to the horrible country far away: Spain. Well at least in my time. Nowadays the softies dont threaten w canes anymore and only give candy and toys.
3. In one night Sinterklaas with his Petes goes on every roof in Holland on his horse and the Petes climb through the chimney, that's why they're black. I just believed that as a kid but for the smart kids nowadays who notice he looks different and is in their city but also in another one at the same time, they came up with help sints.
Now there's a big racism discussion going on for years. If he gets black from the chimney why does he have big red lips and curly hair? But our parents taught us it was from the chimney and Dutch ppl seriously believe that, thus get furious if someone says they make fun of black ppl. But in a few years we will only have real chimney Petes, only a tiny bit black.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
-

Attachments

• ap402082479869_wide-37b27ede8ac2e22053f54e1ca7b6c6ff73c5e9bd-1.jpg
    ap402082479869_wide-37b27ede8ac2e22053f54e1ca7b6c6ff73c5e9bd-1.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I like the Coca-Cola pope but where is his demon side kick krampus?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
No, he's not made up to look like a Pope, but as an ordinary bishop and quite accurately so. That's what St. Nicholas was.

As I was saying, and all else aside, this makes more sense religiously and historically than the fat little Santa Claus in a red suit with fluffy cuffs, a matching nightcap, and a black belt and boots that we usually see in our country.

Top Bottom