Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Nonsense.

None have seen the invisible GOD.

We know HIM through HIS Word and through HIS Spirit.

You claim me as some gnostic though such a word has never come out of my mouth. You accuse me of being a heretical only by supposition and assumption added to my words while twisting them into what you wish they meant.

Do you really limit GOD to the physical material temporal manifestation there of? I would guess not. Please stop assuming the very worst is my intent and words. Do you think the Word OF GOD is separate from GOD, or is One emanated from THE other?

I will not go into great detail about how a seeming multitude of your own doctrines are.....,well....need work.

The Spirit descended unto Him and rested on Him in the FORM of a dove. Indeed not literally seeing GOD directly.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
There is no nonsense in what God has shared.
What God clearly shares is that He is one being and equally three persons of the Godhead.
You deny the God revealed in the Bible.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
After ressurection; of course.

Christ is GOD.

the physical Holy Temple in which the light of GOD shines due to the oil being plentifully poured within/ upon, and the Fire of GOD being set ablaze does perish and is quickened and it does die and is raised again; by the Will of GOD alone for the sake of all and the eternal glorification of GOD.

(there; have you some gnosticism; if the shoe fits. i don't deny there is truth within all sorts of comprehension, if one can but understand anything at all with such opaque veils, through such dense smoke.)

LOL, I feel like I need to take a shower to clean off after reading your post.
Clearly you have little to nothing in common with mainstream Christianity.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is no nonsense in what God has shared.
What God clearly shares is that He is one being and equally three persons of the Godhead.
You deny the God revealed in the Bible.
Three persons aye?

I've heard that before....let's dig a little...

Define persons within your own context please.

Keep I'm mind that the things of GOD are simple and truth; not confusion or words with secret definitions.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Three persons aye?

I've heard that before....let's dig a little...

Define persons within your own context please.

Keep I'm mind that the things of GOD are simple and truth; not confusion or words with secret definitions.

One being. Three persons...all three equally one being. How is that for simple?

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One being. Three persons...all three equally one being. How is that for simple?
Not at all. How do three separate people live within another person? And how is any one of those the fullness of GOD as a person or as all three people combined.

Please define person

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Not at all. How do three separate people live within another person? And how is any one of those the fullness of GOD as a person or as all three people combined.

Please define person

You mix it up. What did I say? Go back and re-read it. What are the exact words?

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Let's get back on the original topic guys. :)

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus says it isn't for Him to determine who sets at His right and left in heaven; but that it is ordained by the FATHER.

Last edited:

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Matthew 20:23 NASB
23 He *said to them, “My cup you shall drink; but to sit on My right and on My left, this is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared by My Father.”

(I am just presenting the verse.)

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Matthew 20:24-28 NASB
24 And hearing this, the ten became indignant with the two brothers. 25 But Jesus called them to Himself and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them. 26 It is not this way among you, but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant, 27 and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be your slave; 28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”

I always imagined that the seat of honor at the wedding feast would go to some little old lady that nobody had ever heard of who spent her life in anonymous service to others doing exactly what Jesus had asked of her with no earthly recognition. [shrug] Anyway, that was always my mental image.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Who did Jesus hold up? "Little children"

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Can you drink the cup that I am about to drink?”
They said to him, “We can.”
23 He said to them,
“Yes, you will drink my cup. But to sit on my right and on my left is not mine to give, it is for those for whom my Father has prepared it.”

Oil and Wine in a charity of Fire, and whirlwind of Faith from a generous heart that over flows in the washing of the Word

Then this word of Adonai came to him:
“Get up; go to Tzarfat, a village in Tzidon; and live there. I have instructed a widow there to provide for you.”
10 So he set out and went to Tzarfat. On reaching the gate of the city, he saw a widow there gathering sticks.
He called out to her,
“Please bring a little water in a container for me to drink.”
11 As she was going to get it, he called after her,
“Please bring me a piece of bread in your hand.”
12 She answered,
“As Adonai your God lives, I have nothing baked, only a handful of meal in a pot and a little oil in the jug. Here I am, gathering a couple sticks of wood, so that I can go and cook it for myself and my son. After we have eaten that, we will die.”

13 Eliyahu said to her,
“Don’t be afraid. Go; and do what you said; but first, use a little of it to make me a small loaf of bread; and bring it out to me. After that, make food for yourself and your son. 14 For this is what Adonai the God of Isra’el, says:
‘The pot of meal will not get used up, nor will there fail to be oil in the jug, until the day Adonai sends rain down on the land.’”
15 She went and acted according to what Eliyahu had said; and she, he and her household had food to eat for a long time. 16 The pot of meal did not get used up, nor did there fail to be oil in the jug, in fulfillment of the Word of Adonai spoken through Eliyahu.

An oil of gladness
Behold the Lilies of the field have more to say of Life than the thistles and thorns of the world

Psalm 45 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

45 (0) For the leader. Set to “Lilies.” By the descendants of Korach. A maskil. A lovesong:

2 (1) My heart is stirred by a noble theme;
I address my verses to the king;
My tongue is the pen of an expert scribe.

3 (2) You are the most handsome of men;
gracious speech flows from your lips.
For God has blessed you forever.
4 (3) Warrior, strap your sword at your thigh;
[gird on] your splendor and majesty.
5 (4) In your majesty, succeed, ride on
in the cause of truth, meekness and righteousness.
May your right hand teach you awesome things.
6 (5) Your arrows are sharp. The people fall under you,
as they penetrate the hearts of the king’s enemies.
7 (6) Your throne, God, will last forever and ever;
you rule your kingdom with a scepter of equity.
8 (7) You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness.
Therefore God, your God, has anointed you
with the oil of joy in preference to your companions.
9 (8) Your robes are all fragrant with myrrh, aloes and cassia;
from ivory palaces stringed instruments bring you joy.
10 (9) Daughters of kings are among your favorites;
at your right stands the queen in gold from Ofir.

11 (10) Listen, daughter! Think, pay attention!
Forget your own people and your father’s house,
12 (11) and the king will desire your beauty;
for he is your lord, so honor him.
13 (12) Then the daughter of Tzor, the richest of peoples,
will court your favor with gifts.

14 (13) Inside [the palace], the king’s daughter looks splendid,
attired in checker-work embroidered with gold.
15 (14) In brocade, she will be led to the king,
to you, with the virgins in her retinue.
16 (15) They will be led in with gladness and joy,
they will enter the king’s palace.
17 (16) You will have sons to succeed your ancestors;
you will make them princes in all the land.
18 (17) I will make your name known through all generations;
thus the peoples will praise you forever and ever.

'I will raise the cup of salvation'

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
Who sits on the left and right hand?

Messiah means literally "anointed one" and was the common way in which the Jews referred to kings of the dynasty of David. "Anointed" refers of course to the method of investiture of the Jewish kings. It translated into the Greek as "Christos". The Jews regarded themselves as a "theocracy"... a kingdom ruled by God. The Jews also envisaged a (metaphorical) throne room in which there were three thrones. God occupied the central throne. At "the right hand of God" was the throne of the "king messiah" who was the reigning king of the house and family of David. At "the left hand of God" was the throne of the "priest messiah" who was the high priest of the house and family of Zadok. Ideally there were always two messiahs who were known collectively as the "sons of God". All these terms, "messiah", "kingdom of God", "at the right hand of God" and "son of God" were political rather than religious statements. It was a later generation of gentile Christians who re-interpreted these phrases in a very different religious sense. Both before and after the death of Jesus the early Christians, who were, after all, practicing Jews, understood these terms in their traditional sense. Jesus in claiming to be the messiah had not committed any blasphemy... there was no religious crime that the high priest could legitimately charge him with. That is why he went to the Romans to do the job.

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Actually, if you read Matthew 11:11 carefully, something pops out.

Let's do so, with some emphasis added.

Matthew 11:11: Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

And don't forget Luke 7:28: For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

Could it be that John the Baptist might be facing some serious competition?

George

Tis Theos Megas
Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Actually, if you read Matthew 11:11 carefully, something pops out.

Let's do so, with some emphasis added.

Matthew 11:11: Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

And don't forget Luke 7:28: For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

I don't think that, other wise there would be a massive amount of people then on the respective sides.

All in all, I think that Mary and John the Baptist make the most sense.

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Me, in Post #54, based on Matthew 11:11 and Luke 7:28:

George in Post #55:
I don't think that, other wise there would be a massive amount of people then on the respective sides.

All in all, I think that Mary and John the Baptist make the most sense.

Actually, there wouldn't be "a massive amount of people then on the respective sides", because by definition only one person would be chosen from the many for each seated position.

==============================================================================================

Not having an Orthodox or Roman Catholic background (and therefore lacking much understanding inherent in those environments), I would like to ask by what authority is the declaration regarding Mary and John the Baptist made?

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Not having an Orthodox or Roman Catholic background (and therefore lacking much understanding inherent in those environments), I would like to ask by what authority is the declaration regarding Mary and John the Baptist made?
The Mother and Cousin of GOD?
(You know how Jewish mothers can be ... "I was talking with your Aunt Elizabeth. Would it kill you to be nice to your cousin John?") :)

George

Tis Theos Megas
Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Me, in Post #54, based on Matthew 11:11 and Luke 7:28:

George in Post #55:

Actually, there wouldn't be "a massive amount of people then on the respective sides", because by definition only one person would be chosen from the many for each seated position.

==============================================================================================

There is no declaration regarding this for the Orthodox Church. As I stated in the OP:
I heard one Orthodox say Mary and John the Baptist sit in those positions since they played the biggest part in the life of Jesus.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Mark 10:37 They replied, "Let one of us sit at your right and the other at your left in your glory."

Jesus came into his "glory" at his crucifixion. Matthew 27:38 Two rebels were crucified with him, one on his right and one on his left.

My pastor brought this up today in his sermon...the 2 who were at his right and left were criminals, not important people.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mark 10:37 They replied, "Let one of us sit at your right and the other at your left in your glory."

Jesus came into his "glory" at his crucifixion. Matthew 27:38 Two rebels were crucified with him, one on his right and one on his left.

My pastor brought this up today in his sermon...the 2 who were at his right and left were criminals, not important people.
What does being important have to do with being found to be of the flock of Christ?

HE says the least will be greatest and those who serve the weak or poor will be great .... not that that equates to important still.

Just attempting to conversate; not saying anything negative about or towards anyone.

Top Bottom