Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Mark 10:37

Who do you believe sits in the positions that James and John, sons of Zebedee asked for from Jesus?

I heard one Orthodox say Mary and John the Baptist sit in those positions since they played the biggest part in the life of Jesus.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Me cause I'm holier than thou.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I understand that in ancient Jewish culture, at formal meals, they sat on the floor (on pillows) in a "U" shape (one end open for servants to serve). At the bottom of the "U" was the seat of honor, the most honored person sat there. Then down went the order of honor - to the right, then to the left, then to the right, then to the left, to the ends of the "U." This arrangement became a euphanism for honor or authority in life (not just at formal, big meals).

I understand that's the context of Jesus' comment.... I would not take this LITERALLY as at a table eating a formal meal.

While I'd NOT in any sense be dogmatic about this, I think there likely will be two "ranks" of people in heaven - Jesus and all others worshipping, honoring, adoring Him. In the presence of Jesus, ONE gets the glory. Ranks among us will be the furthest thing from our minds and hearts as we bow before the only One that matters. But that's just this fallible, small, accountable, limited, current OPINION of one sinful (and often wrong) bloat (me).

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I understand that in ancient Jewish culture, at formal meals, they sat on the floor (on pillows) in a "U" shape (one end open for servants to serve). At the bottom of the "U" was the seat of honor, the most honored person sat there. Then down went the order of honor - to the right, then to the left, then to the right, then to the left, to the ends of the "U." This arrangement became a euphanism for honor or authority in life (not just at formal, big meals).

I understand that's the context of Jesus' comment.... I would not take this LITERALLY as at a table eating a formal meal.

While I'd NOT in any sense be dogmatic about this, I think there likely will be two "ranks" of people in heaven - Jesus and all others worshipping, honoring, adoring Him. In the presence of Jesus, ONE gets the glory. Ranks among us will be the furthest thing from our minds and hearts as we bow before the only One that matters. But that's just this fallible, small, accountable, limited, current OPINION of one sinful (and often wrong) bloat (me).
I believe there will also be ranks based on us ruling and reigning with Christ. I see it as commisioners and legislators and governors and resident or whatever system you are under. We obviously cant all rule the same thing so I think there will be many things or areas to rule over and we will of course all be under CVhristy. I see this as during the 1000 ywears reign of Christ with us serving under Him in various areas

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
:cheer::yourock::cheer:

We just go sit there and take the best place w out asking.
I find that such a funny story that theyre fighting about it and the funniest is that they ask their mom to go ask Him. Mom! Mom! Go ask Jesus if we may sit left and right. And then God decides it's gonna be some well known saint but Snerf already put his sofa there, inspired by Dutch rudeness.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
We just go sit there and take the best place w out asking.
I find that such a funny story that theyre fighting about it and the funniest is that they ask their mom to go ask Him. Mom! Mom! Go ask Jesus if we may sit left and right. And then God decides it's gonna be some well known saint but Snerf already put his sofa there, inspired by Dutch rudeness.
:flowers1:

Oops...

I mean :slap:

:heart:

Last edited:

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Who do you believe sits in the positions that James and John, sons of Zebedee asked for from Jesus?

I heard one Orthodox say Mary and John the Baptist sit in those positions since they played the biggest part in the life of Jesus.

the people who it has been prepared for. Jesus didn't say who that was.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
The Father is at His left hand.

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I can agree with that Mary > Luke 1:42 & John the baptist Matthew 11:11

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
The Father is at His left hand.
o_O Lolol , I had to read that 3 times, and Im still o_O lol :)

I just never heard it put that way, and I'm elated that the first time
I ever heard something in all my years, it came from you! :hearts:

(As far as I know, the 'right hand' means Jesus sits in the full power and authority of God.)
I never heard it that if Jesus is at the right hand of God,
the Father is at His left. :smlove2: Makes sense.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Hey Snerf! You're already sitting there on your osas sofa!

Ephesians 2
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

George

Tis Theos Megas
Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Bumping this up. :)

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If Jesus stands at God the Father’s ‘right hand’, then God the Father is at the “left side” of Jesus.

I believe that the Father and Holy Spirit are at the left and right of God the Son.
There is God ... and there is everyone else. There is no confusion about which is which in heaven.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The Bible says that Jesus is at the right hand of the Father...

so that's what I'm going to go with. :)

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The Bible says that Jesus is at or by the right hand of the Father...

so that's what I'm going to go with. :)

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If Jesus stands at God the Father’s ‘right hand’, then God the Father is at the “left side” of Jesus.

I believe that the Father and Holy Spirit are at the left and right of God the Son.
There is God ... and there is everyone else. There is no confusion about which is which in heaven.
But your words seem to be placing the Father at the mercy of the Son. There is One Spirit; One GOD. Jesus sets on the right hand of GOD. He is how we know GOD, and is that which GOD sustains all existence, and holds back the wrath of GOD; or rather exhibits the mercy and long suffering of GOD for the sake of HIS creation; that doesn't give GOD an equal that is to HIS left or right, but is the means by which GOD is known by his creation. Christ is the Spirit of GOD, and Jesus was the Holy Temple in which the Spirit dwelled, and the Vessel which was filled with the Spirit. That vessel and holy temple of GOD is made up of the believer in Christ within their body, effectively making them part of the body of Christ, a branch of the Vine; a building squarely framed on the good foundation.

All I'm trying to say is that the Word of GOD is of GOD, and not a partner to GOD or another separate GOD.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
But your words seem to be placing the Father at the mercy of the Son. There is One Spirit; One GOD. Jesus sets on the right hand of GOD. He is how we know GOD, and is that which GOD sustains all existence, and holds back the wrath of GOD; or rather exhibits the mercy and long suffering of GOD for the sake of HIS creation; that doesn't give GOD an equal that is to HIS left or right, but is the means by which GOD is known by his creation. Christ is the Spirit of GOD, and Jesus was the Holy Temple in which the Spirit dwelled, and the Vessel which was filled with the Spirit. That vessel and holy temple of GOD is made up of the believer in Christ within their body, effectively making them part of the body of Christ, a branch of the Vine; a building squarely framed on the good foundation.

All I'm trying to say is that the Word of GOD is of GOD, and not a partner to GOD or another separate GOD.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I notice you refuse to say that Yeshua is God Himself. That's an interesting twist of your pretzel.

Top Bottom