Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      82.99%
      Believe it or not, I can relate to much of what Stravinks wrote ↑ (although I never did any avenging, but maybe his level of being 'hit' was more serious than mine.
      Whats unsettling is how often it comes from 'christians' ... And I put that in 'quotes' bc , sorry, but to answer ImDays Q from above, I just wont 'assume' that everyone is a christian.
      Jesus and the NT writers didnt, so I wont either.

But its not too hard to see (ask a neutral observer) that there are ppl here that are antagonistic to Gods grace and salvation thru Jesus Christ alone, but interestingly enough, its the more religious types that do most of the twisting of things, especially things I post, and there are a few that dont 'interact' with me as a brother in Christ, but rather take turns disecting and maligning nearly everything I post, going from paragraph to paragraph, sometimes a sentence at a time, like its an obsession of nitpickery.

Oops, laundrys up...to be continued? Or not lol. GBU.
      ~Deliberate ignorance
      is anti-christian~

Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (105,961 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      98.8%
      Snerfle, I'd really like for you to post some links of the posts that have quoted your posts in a way that is maligning them. I mentioned it a few posts ago in this thread but am still hoping to see these.
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

Josiah is offline Bronze Member
      Supporting Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Happy

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      77.95%
      IMO.... Questions, issues, complaints, whatever about Moderation here at CH should go here: http://christianityhaven.com/forumdi...r-Admin-Center Thanks! And if any feels a rule has been broken by a post, there's always that REPORT icon... all Reports ARE dealt with here.

BTW, there's another thread concerning the issue of who is and is not a Christian: http://christianityhaven.com/showthr...OT-a-Christian I agree it CAN be unconstructive (even rude) to accuse a POSTER of being unsaved (unless they identify themselves as such), that gets to the point I made about addressing the POST not the POSTER, of sticking to the issues/points presented. Perhaps when it comes to the POSTER, the old proverb comes to mind: "If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all." And yeah, telling someone who considers themselves to be a Christian that they need to "get saved" is, well..... probably not nice. But again, we have a separate thread for that specific discussion.

What are your thoughts about constructive posting specifically here at CH and generally at any such site?

Blessings!!!!

- Josiah

Last edited by Josiah; 11-21-2017 at 12:39 PM.
      We are justified by works - just not our own.

Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (105,961 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      98.8%
      Constructive posting coincides with constructive thinking. If someone here offends you, as Josiah said, we have the Report button. Or you could put that person on Ignore if you don't like a lot of their posts and don't want to see any of them again. OR you could just not respond if you think you won't respond in a Christian manner.

Constructive thinking is about not immediately reacting but instead taking the time to interpret what was said to you and then to think constructively about how you will respond. You might find that you misunderstood what a member was saying if you take the time to step back first before responding from an emotional outburst. Or you might find that you don't need to stoop to that person's level if he was flaming you.
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

5. Likes Josiah liked this post
      MoreCoffee is offline Silver Member
      Girding loins for the battle.

Mood:
      Awesome

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      27.27%
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      Constructive posting coincides with constructive thinking. If someone here offends you, as Josiah said, we have the Report button. Or you could put that person on Ignore if you don't like a lot of their posts and don't want to see any of them again. OR you could just not respond if you think you won't respond in a Christian manner.

Constructive thinking is about not immediately reacting but instead taking the time to interpret what was said to you and then to think constructively about how you will respond. You might find that you misunderstood what a member was saying if you take the time to step back first before responding from an emotional outburst. Or you might find that you don't need to stoop to that person's level if he was flaming you.
      What's the point in reporting an offensive post - there are so many of them in some threads - if all that can reasonably be done is either lock the thread, remove the offensive posts, or admonish the poster? If people cannot restrain their baser instincts to write offensive things then there's not a whole lot to be done is there? I think we'd suffer by banning people and deleting offensive posts is a last resort only to be used when a post is so offensive that it cannot be left on the forum without shaming everybody. Locking a thread may stop a particular thread from become more and more destructive but the resentments and hurt feelings that made the thread go bad remain and will resurface elsewhere even if a little bit of effort is made to "cover over" the resentment and hurt feelings. The toxicity in a post has its roots in the mind & heart of the author. It will never go away until the author decides to abandon it and turn to better things. That requires genuine repentance that not only says "sorry" but turns away from evil doing. No one can make that happen it has to be what the author wants to do. An act of real contrition means turning away from the evil doing.
      Pope Gregory I was well known for his alms to the poor, and he gave quite generously of the riches donated to the Church by the wealthy people of Rome. Everything from money to land was given to the poor in some fashion. He made clear to his subordinates that their duty was to relieve the distress faced by the poor.

He ordered his clergy to go out into the streets to find and care for the poor in person.

Imalive is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      Netherlands
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      51.78%

8. Likes ImaginaryDay2 liked this post
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (105,961 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      98.8%
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      What's the point in reporting an offensive post - there are so many of them in some threads - if all that can reasonably be done is either lock the thread, remove the offensive posts, or admonish the poster? If people cannot restrain their baser instincts to write offensive things then there's not a whole lot to be done is there? I think we'd suffer by banning people and deleting offensive posts is a last resort only to be used when a post is so offensive that it cannot be left on the forum without shaming everybody. Locking a thread may stop a particular thread from become more and more destructive but the resentments and hurt feelings that made the thread go bad remain and will resurface elsewhere even if a little bit of effort is made to "cover over" the resentment and hurt feelings. The toxicity in a post has its roots in the mind & heart of the author. It will never go away until the author decides to abandon it and turn to better things. That requires genuine repentance that not only says "sorry" but turns away from evil doing. No one can make that happen it has to be what the author wants to do. An act of real contrition means turning away from the evil doing.
      I'm finding more and more that users are not aware that their posting style contains flaming! They just cannot see it. Reporting a post gives the Admins and Senior Moderator a chance to invite members to go over their posts privately and explain better ways of responding to achieve more productive discussions.

MoreCoffee is offline Silver Member
      Girding loins for the battle.

Mood:
      Awesome

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      27.27%
      I'm finding more and more that users are not aware that their posting style contains flaming! They just cannot see it. Reporting a post gives the Admins and Senior Moderator a chance to invite members to go over their posts privately and explain better ways of responding to achieve more productive discussions.
      You'd end up with a lot of work if every offensive post was reported.
      Pope Gregory I was well known for his alms to the poor, and he gave quite generously of the riches donated to the Church by the wealthy people of Rome. Everything from money to land was given to the poor in some fashion. He made clear to his subordinates that their duty was to relieve the distress faced by the poor.

He ordered his clergy to go out into the streets to find and care for the poor in person.

Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (105,961 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      98.8%
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      You'd end up with a lot of work if every offensive post was reported.
      That's very true. But we don't know that users are offended if they don't report and then complain later.

Snerfle is offline Veteran Member
      Supporting Member
      Mood:
      Geeky

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      82.99%
      Snerfle, I'd really like for you to post some links of the posts that have quoted your posts in a way that is maligning them. I mentioned it a few posts ago in this thread but am still hoping to see these.
      I showed one, explained another, I dont have time or ability to dig thru days and days of posts to find something, and nothing will be done about it anyway. Im the wrong religion, I guess.

It's funny, tho, that when I was accused in the past of being offensive, I was the one taken to task, and banned from posting without being screened first, but when its done to me, Im told I need to turn the other cheek? Idk, does it depend who you are, and what part of the circle your in, how situations are handled?

Like I said, I had to delete alot of things, and I thought it might be different, but it didnt take long to get the same smart-mouth little comments and digs by certain ppl with the hopes of goading me on and getting me to react so they could drive me out again, it seems.

I wonder how you would feel if someone said to YOU they hoped you never became a mom, or they wanted to baptize YOUR baby, or some other nasty cowardly comments posted and removed quickly enough so that the public cant see them, but they showed up in your inbox?
      And How can that even be proven?

But, thats ok, I came home from shopping to find out our house was vandalized ... AGAIN ... by some racist little scumbag, so Ive got bigger fish to fry than this here, but shouldnt the 2 names in this sites title matter?
      It would be nice to have christians treat you like one, and have brothers and/or sisters who one could turn to for prayer, encouragement, good cheer, etc., and actually find a HAVEN when lifes filthy racist punks decide to crap on you.

But instead I have to get more mocking, snickering, smirking, ridicule, and lectures from ppl, some who like to hit and run, divide and conquer, and get offended when you tell them Jesus loves them and youre praying for their salvation.

You would think MAYBE an unbeliever might get offended, (although, Ive found even with THEM, most dont) but that a believer would say thank you, offer to pray together, maybe tell you theyre already saved and be glad to have a brother, and maybe say they see things a bit different and offer to discuss it as friends and sons of God.

But Ive only gotten chastised for it, not only that, but not only will one person act offended, but another and another will jump in to dissect my words, twist them, and flay me with it.
      It amazes me, but the offer to pray for someones salvation has now been twisted into accusations of 'Ppl are running around shouting youre not saved, youre going to hell' .

Really?? You must be joking! And no one calls out that false accusation? Wow. I used to post Hebrews 13:1 alot, one of my favorite scriptures.... Let brotherly love continue. But doesnt it have to START first, before it can continue?

And now I just found out the police are coming because my 87 year old mother just received a very threatening phone call by another cowardly dirtball, and shes really upset and had to call 911. This is all just great. Thanks. Jesus, be our refuge. Please Lord.
      ~Deliberate ignorance
      is anti-christian~