CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      91.4%

Roy Moore candidate for Senate

"Leigh Corfman says she was 14 years old when an older man approached her outside a courtroom in Etowah County, Ala. She was sitting on a wooden bench with her mother, they both recall, when the man introduced himself as Roy Moore.

It was early 1979 and Moore — now the Republican nominee in Alabama for a U.S. Senate seat — was a 32-year-old assistant district attorney. He struck up a conversation, Corfman and her mother say, and offered to watch the girl while her mother went inside for a child custody hearing.

“He said, ‘Oh, you don’t want her to go in there and hear all that. I’ll stay out here with her,’ ” says Corfman’s mother, Nancy Wells, 71. “I thought, how nice for him to want to take care of my little girl.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.ba39a74f0364

So, this is the man who Republican are supporting for Senate in Alabama. How sad. He needs to quit the race now.

MoreCoffee is offline Silver Member
      Sabbaticle

Mood:
      Tired

Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      20.67%
      Quote Originally Posted by jsimms435 View Post
      "Leigh Corfman says she was 14 years old when an older man approached her outside a courtroom in Etowah County, Ala. She was sitting on a wooden bench with her mother, they both recall, when the man introduced himself as Roy Moore.

It was early 1979 and Moore — now the Republican nominee in Alabama for a U.S. Senate seat — was a 32-year-old assistant district attorney. He struck up a conversation, Corfman and her mother say, and offered to watch the girl while her mother went inside for a child custody hearing.

“He said, ‘Oh, you don’t want her to go in there and hear all that. I’ll stay out here with her,’ ” says Corfman’s mother, Nancy Wells, 71. “I thought, how nice for him to want to take care of my little girl.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.ba39a74f0364

So, this is the man who Republican are supporting for Senate in Alabama. How sad. He needs to quit the race now.
      I raised this matter in the thread about voting one's moral values and Leigh Corfman and her mother were accused of lying and being hacks for some alleged liberal agenda so the moral values one sees are "protect the Republican party no matter the cost and no matter the cruelty because it is my tribe". Christian moral values are abandoned for "conservative political values".

jsimms435 is offline Child of God
      Married
      Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      91.4%
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      I raised this matter in the thread about voting one's moral values and Leigh Corfman and her mother were accused of lying and being hacks for some alleged liberal agenda so the moral values one sees are "protect the Republican party no matter the cost and no matter the cruelty because it is my tribe". Christian moral values are abandoned for "conservative political values".
      Being a child predator isn't "conservative political values". This is the bottom feeding that Republican have sunk to that they think they need to defend a child predator. This girl has really nothing to benefit from by coming forward and her story sounds believeable.

Sabbaticle

Mood:
      Tired

Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      20.67%
      Being a child predator isn't "conservative political values". This is the bottom feeding that Republican have sunk to that they think they need to defend a child predator. This girl has really nothing to benefit from by coming forward and her story sounds believeable.
      In Alabama republican party circles it is.

jsimms435 is offline Child of God
      Married
      Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      91.4%
      In Alabama republican party circles it is.
      I doubt that. It seems that the special election is in December, so perhaps they don't think they have time to change candidates now

Sabbaticle

Mood:
      Tired

Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      20.67%
      I doubt that. It seems that the special election is in December, so perhaps they don't think they have time to change candidates now
      Isn't that the same as approving Roy Moore because he is "my tribe" right or wrong? Donald Trump once commented that he could shoot a person in public and still his followers would vote for him. He's understood the "my tribe" mentality. He's banking on it.

Imalive is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      Netherlands
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      74.91%
      I see no problem w it. The guy can even be a church leader if he repented. Doesnt look like he repented though, which in Holland would be no problem whatsoever to be a politician. You can be a practising homosexual, it's all fine. One homosexual here made awesome laws. Now annoying divorced parents who want to steal the kids are forced to coparent, thanks to him. Yay!
      He took her to his house twice. I'm always more outraged about such utterly dumb parents tbh. If you invite a christian guy to your house or you go to his house there's a huge chance that that happens, cause most have not been set free from unclean demons. Yet everyone acts dumb and doesnt tell you and you have to experience it.

Albion is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      71.53%
      This is exactly what is so depressing about politics today. One Party that has done this sort of thing many times sets out to find something to hurt the opposition, assisted as always by their allies in the media. They concoct a story that is full of holes and very suspicious timing.

Yet just hearing the tale that is spun is enough for people across the country who know really NOTHING about the facts, the candidates, the accusers, and the other side of the story, to immediately pick up and imitate the hate speech of the attacking Party, nod their heads like bobblehead dolls, disrgard the Commandment against bearing false witness, and proclaim that it's believable.

No wonder politics is called a dirty business.

Last edited by Albion; 11-12-2017 at 04:37 PM.

Sabbaticle

Mood:
      Tired

Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      20.67%
      Quote Originally Posted by Imalive View Post
      I see no problem w it. The guy can even be a church leader if he repented. Doesnt look like he repented though, which in Holland would be no problem whatsoever to be a politician. You can be a practising homosexual, it's all fine. One homosexual here made awesome laws. Now annoying divorced parents who want to steal the kids are forced to coparent, thanks to him. Yay!
      He took her to his house twice. I'm always more outraged about such utterly dumb parents tbh. If you invite a christian guy to your house or you go to his house there's a huge chance that that happens, cause most have not been set free from unclean demons. Yet everyone acts dumb and doesnt tell you and you have to experience it.
      Molesting a child (14 year old girl is a child) is a crime. He may be facing a court trial.

Imalive is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      Netherlands
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      74.91%
      Molesting a child (14 year old girl is a child) is a crime. He may be facing a court trial.
      Oh. If you rape and kill a 14 y o here you get a year. I wonder if they even care about something like that here. He didn't rape her.
      I didnt even know who that guy was, but if its true it's good that they kick him out. Come on he calls trans ppl predators. He's about family morals and accuses everyone. Still her mom is dumb if its true. Unbelievable. The other 16 y o girl said her mom forbid her to have a relationship w him. My niece had that when she was 16, a 26 y o guy wanted to take her out and she liked him. Lol my aunt just kicked him out. But it's her choice! he said. I don't care. Bye! said my aunt. So nothing happened.
      That's why I wonder if it's true. A mother cant be that dumb and naive. Oh how nice, a 32 y o takes my 14 y o daughter out and asks her phone number.
      Last edited by Imalive; 11-12-2017 at 06:08 PM.