Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I wonder if.... years from now..... our society will look back at this aspect of our nation today.... in much the same way as we look back at the Salem witch thing.... American culture then viewed witches even more seriously than we do sexual inappropriateness, and it was the same "guilty/condemned if accused" and "guilty unless you can prove yourself innocent which isn't permitted" mentality. The same silence for years and then, suddenly, out of the blue, here flood all the accusers with NOTHING but their accusation. The difference is we don't crush the victims to death... but their lives are ruined.

We need to find a way to address this with equal fairness to both sides
. We need to find a way to address this under the Rule of Law which includes the fundamental aspect that the accused are innocent until proven guilty. I don't have the answer with how to handle this. Obviously sexual sin is a problem and its very nature is that it tends to be private. And it certainly has a huge psychological component that can make this difficult. I'm not diminishing any of that. On the other hand, we KNOW that memories can be very flawed..... the Rule of Law holds that the accused is 100% innocent until PROVEN guilty..... and in all other things, there is a statue of limitations. We need to fine some way to address this with equal fairness to both sides (and I admit, I don't know how that would be done). What we have now are witch trials - worse than Salem in that often there is no trial at all, the accused is just condemned by society. MORALLY (since this thread has stressed that point), we are called to defend justice - not burn any accused of something.

The other point that is entirely lost in this situation. What is and is not acceptable in this area is CULTURAL. And it's WRONG to impose a different culture/time/morale upon a different one. In 1979 in Alabama, the LEGAL age of marriage without parental consent for girls was 14, and so what was culturally acceptable in dating was acceptable at that age. It was not at all unusual for men in the 30's to date girls in their teens, even younger teens. Men kissing girls and teens (on the mouth) was fully acceptable (I'm told by a co-worker who grew up in Georgia). That's NOT the culture now..... but it was then.

My half cent....

- Josiah

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I wonder if.... years from now..... our society will look back at this aspect of our nation today.... in much the same way as we look back at the Salem witch thing.... American culture then viewed witches even more seriously than we do sexual inappropriateness, and it was the same "guilty/condemned if accused" and "guilty unless you can prove yourself innocent which isn't permitted" mentality. The same silence for years and then, suddenly, out of the blue, here flood all the accusers with NOTHING but their accusation. The difference is we don't crush the victims to death... but their lives are ruined.

We need to find a way to address this with equal fairness to both sides. I don't have the answer with how to handle this. Obviously sexual sin is a problem and its very nature is that it tends to be private. And it certainly has a huge psychological component that can make this difficult. I'm not diminishing any of that. On the other hand, we KNOW that memories can be very flawed..... the Rule of Law holds that the accused is 100% innocent until PROVEN guilty..... and in all other things, there is a statue of limitations. We need to fine some way to address this with equal fairness to both sides (and I admit, I don't know how that would be done). What we have now are witch trials - worse than Salem in that often there is no trial at all, the accused is just condemned by society. MORALLY (since this thread has stressed that point), we are called to defend justice - not burn any accused of something.

The other point that is entirely lost in this situation. What is and is not acceptable in this area is CULTURAL. And it's WRONG to impose a different culture/time/morale upon a different one. In 1979 in Alabama, the LEGAL age of marriage without parental consent for girls was 14, and so what was culturally acceptable in dating was acceptable at that age. It was not at all unusual for men in the 30's to date girls in their teens, even younger teens. Men kissing girls and teens (on the mouth) was fully acceptable (I'm told by a co-worker who grew up in Georgia). That's NOT the culture now..... but it was then.

Yes but that doesn't matter. A guy on cf said his dad was way older and met his mom when she was 15. Fine for them. Some 16 y olds are more mature than 30 y olds. Let em marry if they want. But this is about rape or an attempt/assault. Men are victims too of women lying and crying rape when they're innocent. Some guys lives are totally ruined by that too. One tried to commit suicide.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I know that there are women who would do this and others that would pile on and in the meantime they are guilty even if they artent. I think that eventually some will get caught up in their lies and then maybe there will not be such a rush to judgement, Ipray so anyway. It is rediculous men are all of a sudden modern day lepers

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I know that there are women who would do this and others that would pile on and in the meantime they are guilty even if they artent. I think that eventually some will get caught up in their lies and then maybe there will not be such a rush to judgement, Ipray so anyway. It is rediculous men are all of a sudden modern day lepers

We should get those warning bells again and yell: unclean! unclean! if one approaches.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It seems to me the "let's be fair" argument has gone ENTIRELY, EXCLUSIVELY to one side (no matter what) and we've thrown out the Rule of Law in the process, creating a "witch hunt" mentality.

And it often seems VERY political. How many dozen women accused Bill Clinton of this? All we heard is, "but that was YEARS ago" and "but there's no evidence!" There was at least one case where I think 99.9% of even the liberals concluded he was guilty but no one cared, didn't matter, boys will be boys.... Ah the hypocrisy of it all (often, not always).....

I DO think we need to find some balance here..... we need to end the Salem Witch approach... but we can't go to the radical other end and just categorically dismiss accusations, either. How to do that - with justice for all, under the Rule of Law where the accused is innocent until proven guilty.... I don't know.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The women who have made their claims in public about Roy Moore appear to be telling the truth and if they have lied then Roy Moore can take them to court as he said he will. Let him answer before a court whatever questions are needed to test the truth of the matter the women can also answer questions before the same court. Let's see what the truth of the matter really is when it is properly tested. In the mean time ought a Christian voter in Alabama be voting for him in 27 days time?

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
It seems to me the "let's be fair" argument has gone ENTIRELY, EXCLUSIVELY to one side (no matter what) and we've thrown out the Rule of Law in the process, creating a "witch hunt" mentality.

And it often seems VERY political. How many dozen women accused Bill Clinton of this? All we heard is, "but that was YEARS ago" and "but there's no evidence!" There was at least one case where I think 99.9% of even the liberals concluded he was guilty but no one cared, didn't matter, boys will be boys.... Ah the hypocrisy of it all (often, not always).....

I DO think we need to find some balance here..... we need to end the Salem Witch approach... but we can't go to the radical other end and just categorically dismiss accusations, either. How to do that - with justice for all, under the Rule of Law where the accused is innocent until proven guilty.... I don't know.

Throw women in jail who falsely accuse. That may make them think twice and don't call everything rape or assault. and dont paint all women as the poor sweet innocent victims.
Men don't lie about it to take revenge or because they're crazy, so if they say they got raped I immediately believe them. I do believe that last woman, because she leaves her Facebook open, is married and doesn't come over as crazy. Still I think it's very strange when I read those stories that he was banned from the mall, that those parents didn't supervise their kids or let them work so late alone at a bar. Don't step into a car with a man. It's dangerous.

Last edited:

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I remember someone prophesied that w Trump God would expose a lot of stuff.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/...nald-trump-to-expose-darkness-and-perversion/

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2017/11/nasa_says_origin_of_large_boom.html

ASA says origin of large boom over Alabama is a mystery

Updated 5:36 AM;
Posted 5:22 AM

This sound graph from the U.S. Geological Survey's Lakeview Retreat near Centreville, Ala., shows a loud boom heard over Alabama at about 1:39 p.m. CST. The cause of the boom is still unknown. (NASA)
By Lee Rooplroop@al.com
NASA scientists in Huntsville, Ala., said Tuesday night that the origin of a mysterious boom that rocked central Alabama earlier Tuesday "remains unclear." The evidence so far is pointing toward a large meteor or some kind of supersonic aircraft.

The sound was reported to multiple Birmingham area law enforcement agencies and to officials in Arab, Anniston, Hayden, Kimberly, Center Point, Jasper and Gardendale, among other places.

Loud 'boom' rocks multiple Alabama cities
The areas that experienced whatever it was include Arab, Oxford, Anniston, Hayden, Kimberly, Center Point, Jasper and Gardendale just to name a few.

Bill Cooke, head of NASA's Meteroid Environment Office at the Marshall Space Flight Center, released what the office knows so far Tuesday night.

1. Seismic data from the U.S. Geological Survey's Lakeview Retreat near Centreville, Ala., show "a fairly loud boom occurring on or before 1:39 p.m. CST."

2. The Elginfield Infrasound Array in southern Ontario 600 miles from north Alabama "picked up a matching infrasound signal beginning at 2:02 p.m. and lasting around 10 minutes." NASA said the signal "could have been generated by a bolide, larger supersonic aircraft or a ground explosion." A bolide is a large meteor that explodes in the atmosphere.

3. Eyewitnesses reported a vapor trail, and NASA said that points to a meteor or aircraft.

The sound wasn't caused by a Leonid meteor, NASA said. The Leonid meteor shower is occurring this month, but Leonid meteors are small and never penetrate low enough into the atmosphere to produce sounds audible on the ground.

NASA says its scientists will look for new data Wednesday to better "characterize the energy of the event." That may provide more clues to its origin

Top Bottom