Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
"Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said Sunday that Trump's downplaying of the threat posed by Russia's meddling in last year's election was dangerous to US national security and allows countries like Russia and China to "play" the president, and former CIA Director John Brennan said Trump is allowing Putin to get away with Russia's efforts to disrupt the presidential election."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/12/politics/james-clapper-john-brennan-trump-russia-cnntv/index.html

Why do you think Trump has insulted Clapper and Brennan as "political hacks"?
Do you really think Trump is so dense that he doesn't understand Russia meddled in the elections?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
"Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said Sunday that Trump's downplaying of the threat posed by Russia's meddling in last year's election was dangerous to US national security and allows countries like Russia and China to "play" the president, and former CIA Director John Brennan said Trump is allowing Putin to get away with Russia's efforts to disrupt the presidential election."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/12/politics/james-clapper-john-brennan-trump-russia-cnntv/index.html

Do you really think Trump is so dense that he doesn't understand Russia meddled in the elections?

I think that Robert Mueller will be preparing charges against Donald Trump for obstruction of justice and involvement in a conspiracy with a foreign power (Russia) to subvert the 2016 USA election.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think that Robert Mueller will be preparing charges against Donald Trump for obstruction of justice and involvement in a conspiracy with a foreign power (Russia) to subvert the 2016 USA election.

I don't think he will, but I don't think Mueller is done in bringing charges to others. It is really amazing how he attacks people, even people who have served our country well for many years.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I don't think he will, but I don't think Mueller is done in bringing charges to others. It is really amazing how he attacks people, even people who have served our country well for many years.

Really, who has he "attacked" who has not also been charged with crimes?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Really, who has he "attacked" who has not also been charged with crimes?

The attacks I was referring to are the comments he made about Brennan and Clapper who he called "political hacks"

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The attacks I was referring to are the comments he made about Brennan and Clapper who he called "political hacks"

Did he call them that or is it a news report that said it?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The only story I can find calling them political hacks is this one -

President Trump on Saturday lashed out at U.S. intelligence leaders for their conclusion that Russia interfered in the 2016 election, calling them “political hacks” and slamming the investigations into Russian interference as a “Democratic hit job.”

Speaking to reporters aboard Air Force One, Trump blasted former U.S. intelligence officials by name, including former CIA Director John Brennan, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and former FBI Director James Comey.

"I mean, give me a break, they are political hacks," Trump said, according to White House pool reports. He was discussing the U.S. intelligence community's conclusion that Russia sought to influence the 2016 election in favor of Trump.
"So you look at it, I mean, you have Brennan, you have Clapper and you have Comey," he continued. "Comey is proven now to be a liar and he is proven now to be a leaker.”

“So you look at that and you have President Putin very strongly, vehemently says he had nothing to do with them," he continued, referring to Russian president Vladimir Putin.

Trump said that the investigation into Russian interference in the election was a “Democratic-inspired thing” and a “pure hit job."

Trump went on to say that he wasn’t going to “argue” with Putin about whether Russia interfered in the 2016 election.

“He said he didn’t meddle, he said he didn’t meddle. I asked him again. You can only ask so many times,” Trump said, according to pool reports.

“I can’t stand there and argue with him, I would rather have him get out of Syria, I would rather get to work with him on the Ukraine," he added.

Multiple U.S. intelligence agencies, including the CIA and FBI, have concluded that Russia did interfere in the 2016 election, and several congressional investigations are currently underway to determine the scale and scope of Russia’s interference.

Special counsel Robert Mueller is also leading an investigation into potential ties between President Trump’s election campaign and Russian officials.

Trump is in the middle of a five-nation, 12-day trip to Asia, and is currently in Vietnam. Trump participated overnight in the 25th Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum in Danang.​

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Did he call them that or is it a news report that said it?

"On Saturday, Trump described the former top U.S. intelligence officials who concluded in January that the tampering took place — including former director of national intelligence James R. Clapper Jr. and former CIA director John Brennan — as “political hacks.” He called former FBI director James B. Comey, who testified to Congress that Trump asked him to drop an investigation of his campaign’s connections to Russian officials, a “liar” and a “leaker.”"

article here https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...reax8pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.ec60d3913893

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Sorry, I thought the "he" was Robert Mueller but after reading your other comments I am wondering if the "he" is really intended to be Donald Trump.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Probably because they're political hacks. That's almost a compliment in both cases since lying to Congress is a criminal act.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Probably because they're political hacks. That's almost a compliment in both cases since lying to Congress is a criminal act.

"This is what I found out about Clapper's military career
After a brief enlistment in the United States Marine Corps Reserve, Clapper transferred to the U.S. Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps program. He was commissioned in 1963 as a distinguished military graduate from the University of Maryland. He commanded a signals intelligence detachment based at a listening post in Thailand’s Udon Thani Province, where he flew 73 combat support missions in EC-47s; a signals intelligence SIGINT wing at Fort George G. Meade, Maryland, and the Air Force Technical Applications Center, Patrick Air Force Base, Florida.
Clapper became director of the Defense Intelligence Agency in November 1991 and retired from active duty in September 1995.[11]
He then spent six years in private industry. From 2001 to June 2006 he was director of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency as member of the Defense Intelligence Senior Executive Service (DISES)."

that doesn't sound like a political hack to me. Sounds like a man who served with distinction

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Really, who cares what Donald believes? He likes to say or tweet stupid stuff. Like feeding the chooks.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
"This is what I found out about Clapper's military career
After a brief enlistment in the United States Marine Corps Reserve, Clapper transferred to the U.S. Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps program. He was commissioned in 1963 as a distinguished military graduate from the University of Maryland. He commanded a signals intelligence detachment based at a listening post in Thailand’s Udon Thani Province, where he flew 73 combat support missions in EC-47s; a signals intelligence SIGINT wing at Fort George G. Meade, Maryland, and the Air Force Technical Applications Center, Patrick Air Force Base, Florida.
Clapper became director of the Defense Intelligence Agency in November 1991 and retired from active duty in September 1995.[11]
He then spent six years in private industry. From 2001 to June 2006 he was director of the National Geospatial-Inliktelligence Agency as member of the Defense Intelligence Senior Executive Service (DISES)."

that doesn't sound like a political hack to me. Sounds like a man who served with distinction
Sounds very much to me like the resume of a man who served with distinction before becoming a political hack. The two are not mutually exclusive.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Donald has decided he believes the "party hack" who headed the CIA when Putin was first said to be involved in manipulating the USA 2016 elections.

Last edited:

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Donald has decided he believes the "party hack" who headed the CIA when Putin was first staid to be involved in manipulating the USA 2016 elections.

but then he turns around and says he believes the intelligence community that these two have been a part of

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
but then he turns around and says he believes the intelligence community that these two have been a part of

Yes, he believes them and yet he called them "party hacks". He says he believes Putin and now he believes the intelligence assessment that Putin is implicated in Russian intelligence and hackers manipulating USA elections by seeding false stories in USA media.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Re: Trump believes Putin that he didn't meddle

Well, I DO appreciate you showing us (in the OP) how the liberal media lie about the president. Trump did not say he believes Putin 'that he didn't meddle.'

He said that he believed Putin believes that he didn't meddle (although he may well have). This is only about the fiftieth such example of playing with the President's words and changing the meaning so that he could be attacked.

Top Bottom