CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      99.87%

Trump believes Putin that he didn't meddle

"Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said Sunday that Trump's downplaying of the threat posed by Russia's meddling in last year's election was dangerous to US national security and allows countries like Russia and China to "play" the president, and former CIA Director John Brennan said Trump is allowing Putin to get away with Russia's efforts to disrupt the presidential election."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/12/politi...ntv/index.html

Why do you think Trump has insulted Clapper and Brennan as "political hacks"?
      Do you really think Trump is so dense that he doesn't understand Russia meddled in the elections?

MoreCoffee is offline Silver Member
      Girding loins for the battle.

Mood:
      Awesome

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      24.29%
      Quote Originally Posted by jsimms435 View Post
      "Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said Sunday that Trump's downplaying of the threat posed by Russia's meddling in last year's election was dangerous to US national security and allows countries like Russia and China to "play" the president, and former CIA Director John Brennan said Trump is allowing Putin to get away with Russia's efforts to disrupt the presidential election."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/12/politi...ntv/index.html

Do you really think Trump is so dense that he doesn't understand Russia meddled in the elections?
      I think that Robert Mueller will be preparing charges against Donald Trump for obstruction of justice and involvement in a conspiracy with a foreign power (Russia) to subvert the 2016 USA election.
      Pope Gregory I was well known for his alms to the poor, and he gave quite generously of the riches donated to the Church by the wealthy people of Rome. Everything from money to land was given to the poor in some fashion. He made clear to his subordinates that their duty was to relieve the distress faced by the poor.

He ordered his clergy to go out into the streets to find and care for the poor in person.

jsimms435 is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      99.87%
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      I think that Robert Mueller will be preparing charges against Donald Trump for obstruction of justice and involvement in a conspiracy with a foreign power (Russia) to subvert the 2016 USA election.
      I don't think he will, but I don't think Mueller is done in bringing charges to others. It is really amazing how he attacks people, even people who have served our country well for many years.

Mood:
      Awesome

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      24.29%
      I don't think he will, but I don't think Mueller is done in bringing charges to others. It is really amazing how he attacks people, even people who have served our country well for many years.
      Really, who has he "attacked" who has not also been charged with crimes?
      Pope Gregory I was well known for his alms to the poor, and he gave quite generously of the riches donated to the Church by the wealthy people of Rome. Everything from money to land was given to the poor in some fashion. He made clear to his subordinates that their duty was to relieve the distress faced by the poor.

He ordered his clergy to go out into the streets to find and care for the poor in person.

Married
      Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      99.87%
      Really, who has he "attacked" who has not also been charged with crimes?
      The attacks I was referring to are the comments he made about Brennan and Clapper who he called "political hacks"

Mood:
      Awesome

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      24.29%
      The attacks I was referring to are the comments he made about Brennan and Clapper who he called "political hacks"
      Did he call them that or is it a news report that said it?

Mood:
      Awesome

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      24.29%
      The only story I can find calling them political hacks is this one -

President Trump on Saturday lashed out at U.S. intelligence leaders for their conclusion that Russia interfered in the 2016 election, calling them “political hacks” and slamming the investigations into Russian interference as a “Democratic hit job.”

Speaking to reporters aboard Air Force One, Trump blasted former U.S. intelligence officials by name, including former CIA Director John Brennan, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and former FBI Director James Comey.

"I mean, give me a break, they are political hacks," Trump said, according to White House pool reports. He was discussing the U.S. intelligence community's conclusion that Russia sought to influence the 2016 election in favor of Trump.
      "So you look at it, I mean, you have Brennan, you have Clapper and you have Comey," he continued. "Comey is proven now to be a liar and he is proven now to be a leaker.”

“So you look at that and you have President Putin very strongly, vehemently says he had nothing to do with them," he continued, referring to Russian president Vladimir Putin.

Trump said that the investigation into Russian interference in the election was a “Democratic-inspired thing” and a “pure hit job."

Trump went on to say that he wasn’t going to “argue” with Putin about whether Russia interfered in the 2016 election.

“He said he didn’t meddle, he said he didn’t meddle. I asked him again. You can only ask so many times,” Trump said, according to pool reports.

“I can’t stand there and argue with him, I would rather have him get out of Syria, I would rather get to work with him on the Ukraine," he added.

Multiple U.S. intelligence agencies, including the CIA and FBI, have concluded that Russia did interfere in the 2016 election, and several congressional investigations are currently underway to determine the scale and scope of Russia’s interference.

Special counsel Robert Mueller is also leading an investigation into potential ties between President Trump’s election campaign and Russian officials.

Trump is in the middle of a five-nation, 12-day trip to Asia, and is currently in Vietnam. Trump participated overnight in the 25th Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum in Danang.

Married
      Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      99.87%
      Did he call them that or is it a news report that said it?
      "On Saturday, Trump described the former top U.S. intelligence officials who concluded in January that the tampering took place — including former director of national intelligence James R. Clapper Jr. and former CIA director John Brennan — as “political hacks.” He called former FBI director James B. Comey, who testified to Congress that Trump asked him to drop an investigation of his campaign’s connections to Russian officials, a “liar” and a “leaker.”"

article here https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.ec60d3913893

Mood:
      Awesome

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      24.29%
      Sorry, I thought the "he" was Robert Mueller but after reading your other comments I am wondering if the "he" is really intended to be Donald Trump.

Albion is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      22.64%
      Probably because they're political hacks. That's almost a compliment in both cases since lying to Congress is a criminal act.