For Those of Us With Serious Health Issues

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I don't think Ruth wants this to be a debate thread.
I disagree.

How have you been feeling, Ruth? There's a lot of stress right now in your life and probably more testing needed...I'm so sick of testing! My latest was an ultrasound on my thyroid because a nodule was found. I know they're common but still...it's stressful not knowing if it's cancer.

What sorts of things gets your mind off all the health stuff?

Mmmmm, I'm guessing.... Not ↑ THAT! ↑

Lol, Just kidding with ya, trying to add a little good cheer to it all.
"Laughter doeth good...like a medicine" :)

Praying for you both, Lamm and Ruth,
for Jesus' hand of healing and comfort on you both.
(And all CHaven in general) :pray2:

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I disagree.

Mmmmm, I'm guessing.... Not ↑ THAT! ↑

Lol, Just kidding with ya, trying to add a little good cheer to it all.

Praying for you both, Lamm and Ruth,
for Jesus' hand of healing and comfort on you both.
(And all CHaven in general) :pray2:
Why do you disagree with me saying I don't want this to be a debate thread or were you joking about that? I don't want it to be debate. Thanks for your kind thoughts, words and good will toward me. :)

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
How have you been feeling, Ruth? There's a lot of stress right now in your life and probably more testing needed...I'm so sick of testing! My latest was an ultrasound on my thyroid because a nodule was found. I know they're common but still...it's stressful not knowing if it's cancer.

What sorts of things gets your mind off all the health stuff?
I have been feeling good. I don't feel stressed. I don't need to do anything to get my mind off of the health stuff because I generally am in denial. I need to think about it so I get all of these tests done. Yes, nodules are common. I don't think my health is as bad as the dr. is trying to make it out to be. I am not yellow in color and my eyes are not yellow which is what they say you have with cirrhosis. I read that 90% of the time nodules are not cancerous on the lungs. So, the odds are with me but then we are all individuals and we can't always generalize about these things. I was pretty upset but did a lot of thinking and I am just going to try and lead a more healthy life. I bought fruits and veggies this past week and am going to try to eat healthier.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I wanted this to be a thread where we can all discuss openly our health concerns instead of denying them. So, let's not stop others from posting all about their health concerns. To be honest I will not answer all posts as I have a few people in this forum on ignore because of them posting rude things towards me in the past.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
That is certainly true. My weakness is a bad case of chronic cardiopulmonary disease due to nearly ten years of smoking in my youth. The manner of my death may well be on account of lung/ heart issues. Hopefully decades from now.
You mean your illness is a bad case of chronic cp. disease. I don't think illness is a weakness. I guess smoking is a weakness that we have in common. I have cut down immensely and had quit for 20 years.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Why do you disagree with me saying I don't want this to be a debate thread or were you joking about that? I don't want it to be debate. Thanks for your kind thoughts, words and good will toward me. :)

Yes you do.

Hi, Ruth. Now read the next thing I write, which I copy/pasted from the other post in question and hi-lited in large red letters :

[SIZE=+1]Lol, Just kidding with ya, trying to add a little good cheer to it all.
[/SIZE]

Please don't take anything I say seriously, Ruth.
I'm serious about that. :spinningsmilie:

Jesus loves you, hope you're having a good weekend.
Here's a hug. :spider:

Oops, I'm sorry, that's a bug. :slap: :sad6: :hug2:

I joke, Ruth ... I kid ... I try to bring a little good cheer from time to time
because sometimes life can be difficult. I guess the message doesnt always come across too clearly in text. :happybirthday: Please feel free to talk to me anytime.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I like your approach to not stress about it, Ruth. I think stress doesn't help the body heal so taking things one day at a time is such a positive thing!

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I haven't been to this thread for awhile.

I went to the Pulmonologist and he said he thought the blood I had was Sinusitis and he also said it looks like some Cirrhosis, too. He prescribed antibiotics and some nasal spray and saline. He didn't talk about testing the nodules in my lungs which in a way I'm glad because of the invasive procedures they use. I also am concerned because my doctor said they should be tested. I didn't go to the dr he recommended either because the office I called didn't give me Dr. Hadaad but instead gave me another Pulmonologist. So I don't know what I should do at this point. My nose has been bleeding a lot since I've been using all this junk on it. I will think about things some more.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The nasal spray although opening your sinuses up to breathe could also be making the nose bleed because it irritates the lining. The saline spray you should be using A LOT to help alleviate all that. I use saline spray especially in the fall and winter and it helps to keep away sinus infections.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
The nasal spray although opening your sinuses up to breathe could also be making the nose bleed because it irritates the lining. The saline spray you should be using A LOT to help alleviate all that. I use saline spray especially in the fall and winter and it helps to keep away sinus infections.
I was thinking the nasal spray could be the culprit. I have been using A LOT of the saline spray. I may be using too much of the nasal spray, though, too. Going to cut down.

I was supposed to go see the Hepatologist on Wed. but cancelled it because it's just so far out. I'm going to try to get referred to one closer.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I haven't been to this thread for awhile.

I went to the Pulmonologist and he said he thought the blood I had was Sinusitis and he also said it looks like some Cirrhosis, too. He prescribed antibiotics and some nasal spray and saline. He didn't talk about testing the nodules in my lungs which in a way I'm glad because of the invasive procedures they use. I also am concerned because my doctor said they should be tested. I didn't go to the dr he recommended either because the office I called didn't give me Dr. Hadaad but instead gave me another Pulmonologist. So I don't know what I should do at this point. My nose has been bleeding a lot since I've been using all this junk on it. I will think about things some more.

I would call them back and let them know your nose has been bleeding and see what they recommend. It doesn't help to keep your doctor in the dark.

kiwimac

Religious Affiliation
Utrecht
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Married
I have suffered from life-long chronic depression as well as type 2 diabetes since I was in my early 30s. Some days are easier than others.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have suffered from life-long chronic depression as well as type 2 diabetes since I was in my early 30s. Some days are easier than others.

There are a lot of studies show that there is a link of some kind between depression and diabetes. Maybe it is the struggle of dealing with such a persistent problem all the time. Or maybe being too high just causes fatigue. I know it does with me.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I would call them back and let them know your nose has been bleeding and see what they recommend. It doesn't help to keep your doctor in the dark.
Thanks for your feedback. First I am going to try not using the nasal spray for a few days and only use the saline. I am done with the antibiotics for the sinusitis. I will call them if it continues after that. Thanks again.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes you do.

Hi, Ruth. Now read the next thing I write, which I copy/pasted from the other post in question and hi-lited in large red letters :

[SIZE=+1]Lol, Just kidding with ya, trying to add a little good cheer to it all.
[/SIZE]

Please don't take anything I say seriously, Ruth.
I'm serious about that. :spinningsmilie:

Jesus loves you, hope you're having a good weekend.
Here's a hug. :spider:

Oops, I'm sorry, that's a bug. :slap: :sad6: :hug2:

I joke, Ruth ... I kid ... I try to bring a little good cheer from time to time
because sometimes life can be difficult. I guess the message doesnt always come across too clearly in text. :happybirthday: Please feel free to talk to me anytime.
Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I have been very serious about my health problems and some on here tease me. I was teased ridiculously as a child because I was the youngest and cried a lot because there was nothing I could do about it. I just started a Christmas thread. I hope you will come to it. :)

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No
I am so sorry to see your not well Ruth. I hope you get better soon. And get good results from the test when you get them. Sending healing thoughts and love. Take care Ruthie.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
STAFF NOTICE:

I have done a big thread clean up here. This thread is for support and not condemnation or bullying.

user1234

Religious Affiliation
Other Church
Marital Status
Separated
Yes
Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I have been very serious about my health problems and some on here tease me. I was teased ridiculously as a child because I was the youngest and cried a lot because there was nothing I could do about it. I just started a Christmas thread. I hope you will come to it. :)
Thanks Ruth, for understanding, and I can relate all too much your points about being the youngest and ridicule bordering on abuse, from family and friends alike, perhaps not always meant that way, and I forgive, but it can have a cumulative affect, and really hurt. I think some ppl just dont understand that.
I also admit that Ive been on both sides of it, being both the victim of it, and sometimes the perpetrator, and I'm ashamed of that, I apologize, and hope anyone Ive ever hurt, (most times, unintentional, but sometimes, deliberate, I confess, not even sure why, sometimes, just a wretch with a wicked heart, I guess, like the bible says) Anyway...
I thank the Lord His mercies are new every morning, much of that is well in the past, and I thank Him for His longsuffering and changing me, though still a work in progress.
Please know, though, anything I say here would only be to kid with you just to try to bring a little good cheer, or else a prayer or encouragement ... not to be meanspirited or hurtful in any way.

STAFF NOTICE:

I have done a big thread clean up here. This thread is for support and not condemnation or bullying.
Just to re-confirm the above, and add what Ive said before, please dont hesitate to point out something to me if need be, where I might be kidding but it might've been misunderstood and be considered a PERSONAL offense or threat, only I ask for that to be shown publicly and specifically so it could be addressed and remedied accordingly.
God bless you Ruth and Lämm and everyone here that needs healing of any kind, physical, emotional, spiritual, (we all have something, eh?) may the Lords hand of grace, comfort and healing be upon you.

Oh, and thanks, Ruth, for the invite, I hope to check it out and contribute soon. :spinningsmilie:

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm going to see my endocrinologist in the morning. my last A1c was still high but better than the one before it. My numbers the last week have been up and down a lot. Stress has that effect on my blood sugar numbers.
The new job starts in January and that should help with stress.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I still have to see a doctor about my liver. I guess I haven't gone because there isn't anything they can do about it and biopsies can be dangerous and inconclusive. I will go eventually probably. I am waiting till the new medical center opens in my city. Should be near the Summer.

Top Bottom