For Those of Us With Serious Health Issues

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I started this for us who are having serious health issues.

I have found out I have numerous small nodules on my lungs and an enlarged liver and spleen.

The next step the doctor says is to biopsy the nodules. I found out that the one test they use can cause your lungs to collapse so I am going to refuse to have that. They have another test called

a PET Scan that can light up the parts that are cancerous. I am going to opt for that and if they won't do that I just won't have anything done. I feel that I have no pain in my lungs although I

have been having blood in my throat some mornings.

As for the test on my liver I think I will allow them to do a biopsy if they do it the way the one clinic did it years ago. I don't know if my new doctor knows what he is talking about saying that by now

I should have cirrhosis after having scarring many, many years ago. Back then I was told the scarring might heal itself. I don't have yellow eyes or skin for one thing.

We will see what happens.

I have my mind made up the way I am going to handle this. All I ask for is prayers.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
You have my prayers Ruth

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes

I have found out I have numerous small nodules on my lungs and an enlarged liver and spleen.

The next step the doctor says is to biopsy the nodules. I found out that the one test they use can cause your lungs to collapse so I am going to refuse to have that. They have another test called

a PET Scan that can light up the parts that are cancerous. I am going to opt for that and if they won't do that I just won't have anything done. I feel that I have no pain in my lungs although I

As for the test on my liver I think I will allow them to do a biopsy if they do it the way the one clinic did it years ago. I don't know if my new doctor knows what he is talking about saying that by now

I should have cirrhosis after having scarring many, many years ago. Back then I was told the scarring might heal itself. I don't have yellow eyes or skin for one thing.

I have my mind made up the way I am going to handle this. All I ask for is prayers.

God grant you grace to deal with whatever news you receive and good doctors to help you recover your health.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Praying for you, Ruth. I haven't had a PET Scan yet, but you're right that unless you are allergic to the dye they use the PET scan is less invasive of a test. Don't delay!

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
You have my prayers Ruth
Thanks Bill.

God grant you grace to deal with whatever news you receive and good doctors to help you recover your health.
Thanks MC.

Praying for you, Ruth. I haven't had a PET Scan yet, but you're right that unless you are allergic to the dye they use the PET scan is less invasive of a test. Don't delay!
I can only go as fast as I can get appointments, Lamm, but I guess you know that. I'm not allergic to anything.

How are you doing? What tests are you going to get if I'm not being to nosey?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sorry Ruth that your havig those problems

I worry about my diabetes sometimes in that I have had it for 16 years now and it has not been under good control much of that time. So far, I haven't had a lot of problems. I do take 5 shots a day for it

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Sorry Ruth that your havig those problems

I worry about my diabetes sometimes in that I have had it for 16 years now and it has not been under good control much of that time. So far, I haven't had a lot of problems. I do take 5 shots a day for it

Do you have type I?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Do you have type I?

no, my son has type 1 since age 5. I have type 2. AT first I was diet and exercise and after six months started pills and then about five years ago went to shots

Wilhemena

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Ruth, I will add you to my list of those in need of prayer.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
no, my son has type 1 since age 5. I have type 2. AT first I was diet and exercise and after six months started pills and then about five years ago went to shots
So sorry you have that. I know having Diabetes is hard.

Ruth, I will add you to my list of those in need of prayer.
Thank you!

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I just got back from getting the CT Scan results. I read them and it said that my CT Scan showed that my liver has Cirrhosis. I guess I should get further tests to see just how bad it is.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes

Prayers ascending for you, Ruth. I just read the update. Prayers redoubled and ascending for you, Ruth.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I just got back from getting the CT Scan results. I read them and it said that my CT Scan showed that my liver has Cirrhosis. I guess I should get further tests to see just how bad it is.

Yes, please get more tests so they can give you meds to control the damage to the liver. Continued prayers!

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Prayers ascending for you, Ruth. I just read the update. Prayers redoubled and ascending for you, Ruth.
Thank you very much.

Yes, please get more tests so they can give you meds to control the damage to the liver. Continued prayers!
I have read changing the diet is necessary plus some other things. Not sure if there are meds. for this. Most meds are bad for the liver.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It would be nice to stop our bodies from failing :( It seems every day I keep finding more friends who have ailments and it can be depressing.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
It would be nice to stop our bodies from failing :( It seems every day I keep finding more friends who have ailments and it can be depressing.
So sorry to depress you..

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
So sorry to depress you..

You didn't do anything. It's our fallen world and the realization of our mortality that can be depressing.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
You didn't do anything. It's our fallen world and the realization of our mortality that can be depressing.

That is certainly true. My weakness is a bad case of chronic cardiopulmonary disease due to nearly ten years of smoking in my youth. The manner of my death may well be on account of lung/ heart issues. Hopefully decades from now.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
That is certainly true. My weakness is a bad case of chronic cardiopulmonary disease due to nearly ten years of smoking in my youth. The manner of my death may well be on account of lung/ heart issues. Hopefully decades from now.

God willing several healthy decades from now. :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Definitely not!! This thread is for support and help for us.

How have you been feeling, Ruth? There's a lot of stress right now in your life and probably more testing needed...I'm so sick of testing! My latest was an ultrasound on my thyroid because a nodule was found. I know they're common but still...it's stressful not knowing if it's cancer.

What sorts of things gets your mind off all the health stuff?

Top Bottom