Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
It is horrible news. I read where only 50 people were present and over 20 killed and the shooter was killed. It makes you wonder what was going on with this shooter and if he was a terrorist or somehow associated with this church.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My heart and prayers go out to all the families ....

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes, prayers for all it is sad. Makes you wonder where the next one will be, wish they could be prevented

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
At church today one lady asked "how many mass shootings will it take before they (USA citizens) say "enough!" and demand laws to tightly control gun ownership?".

I guess it may take many more.

God grant grace and eternal peace to the people killed.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
At church today one lady asked "how many mass shootings will it take before they (USA citizens) say "enough!" and demand laws to tightly control gun ownership?".

Unfortunately the gun lobby is to powerful. I dont agree with restricting guns but to control the type yes. I also think that some of this will never be preventable as mental health is hard to predict in many cases

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Unfortunately the gun lobby is to powerful. I dont agree with restricting guns but to control the type yes. I also think that some of this will never be preventable as mental health is hard to predict in many cases

He had already been a year in prison for assaulting his wife and kid.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
He had already been a year in prison for assaulting his wife and kid.
Which should have disqualified him from getting a gun

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Gun control works with law abiding citizens who have no mental issues. Anyone can get a gun if they approach the right people so gun control isn't part of the problem. We need to work more concerning mental health and in big cities like Chicago start cracking down on the gangs. The gangs have an entirely different mindset and guns to them are power.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Maybe bullet control, $200 dollars a pop for self defense only. That way they wont carelessly fire em off into the crowds.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

The trouble is the intention to harm others rather than the tool used. If it's not a gun it's an explosive or a truck driven into a crowd or a nutter running around with a knife. Perhaps the issue is the availability and quality of mental health care rather than restricting specific items that might be misused.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Maybe bullet control, $200 dollars a pop for self defense only. That way they wont carelessly fire em off into the crowds.

If you're not planning to survive an attack like this you'll just buy a load on the credit card you'll never have to repay. Besides, to use a gun effectively for self defence you need to practise using it, so making bullets cost $200 each would be counterproductive.

On top of that it's almost impossible to prevent someone who has decided they want to harm other people. Back in my school days (which was quite a few years ago now) a friend created a contraption that could fire a ball bearing through six inches of wood using a bunch of stuff he bought at an everyday hardware store and an everyday garden center without even being asked questions about what he was doing.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
If you're not planning to survive an attack like this you'll just buy a load on the credit card you'll never have to repay. Besides, to use a gun effectively for self defence you need to practise using it, so making bullets cost $200 each would be counterproductive.

On top of that it's almost impossible to prevent someone who has decided they want to harm other people. Back in my school days (which was quite a few years ago now) a friend created a contraption that could fire a ball bearing through six inches of wood using a bunch of stuff he bought at an everyday hardware store and an everyday garden center without even being asked questions about what he was doing.
Thats true, I honestly feel that a counter weapon would eventually replace guns if they banned them. The rock was the very first technology used for killing another man (Cain and Abel) and anyone can look online on how to make explosives out of household items. I suggested the bullet theory because I heard Chris Rock once going on about it after columbine. I always wondered if it could be actually taken seriously, they can always practise with blanks, yet I know man from the backwoods that makes his own bullets from sulfate compounds

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That's most likely true. We have seen that Islamist terrorists have taken to using knives or machetes or trucks and they've accounted for just as severe killing sprees as the incident in Texas or, for that matter, most of the other recent mass murders such as the killings in the church in Charleston, SC.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Gun control works with law abiding citizens who have no mental issues. Anyone can get a gun if they approach the right people so gun control isn't part of the problem. We need to work more concerning mental health and in big cities like Chicago start cracking down on the gangs. The gangs have an entirely different mindset and guns to them are power.

Doesnt work either. You can't cure a killer w mental health stuff. They need to check em in prison good and lock em up for life unless they repent and get baptized. Maybe get some more christians in those prisons or things where they stay who can discern if someone is lying or really changed.
And why was he allowed near his kid and not checked by the youth care ppl? Goodness my kids they took from me and such ppl can just walk around and take care of their kids.

Last edited:

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
These people obviously have no fear of the Lord if they are shooting up his children.
The criminally insane have no remorse just look at btk or Dahmer. That kid that shot up that church a few years ago (i believe) was even forgiven by the victims family but he didnt care and showed no remorse at all, quite the opposite.
They might not even have a past and just snap.
The glory shows through Gods people, they had no guns on them for self defense and they died in worship, a neighbor did however run the man off with gunfire. Anyone with mental issues should not have weapons and should be watched carefully, but we will always have some nut driving over a crowd of people or something.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
This is so very sad. I have no words.:boom:

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Criminals nor the criminally insane really care if they break gun laws or not.

They would 9nly work to disarm law abiding citizens, making them Eben more of targets.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Criminals nor the criminally insane really care if they break gun laws or not.

They would 9nly work to disarm law abiding citizens, making them Eben more of targets.

Yes that works in Holland to forbid weapons, but not in America. Anyone can get a weapon if they want to there. What if they all ban them? Some psycho can hide one and noone will find out.
They should have checked that guy. He had already been in prison a year for assaulting his wife and kid. In Holland they pay close attention to you then. We've had a bit too much dads killing their kids when the mom wanted a divorce. They treated me like the Gestapo because of that. I couldnt see my kids without supervision because I did a suicide attempt. Yet someone like that can walk free, be w his kid and buy weapons and post it on Facebook.

Top Bottom