Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I was a sophomore in highschool when my teacher switched on the TV and we saw the second plane hit.
I remember not being as in shock as the others were, probably had to do with my doctors putting me on paxil a few weeks prior. Then everyone got really patriotic, everyone stood up for the national anthem in those days, even had little flags pinned over their heart.
The internet was evolving and gaining momentum at a rapid pace and mass speculation of the events surrounding 911 and the war began to surface. Laden called it "an act of God" and Americans smelt fish in their own government. Something dark had approached us like a thief, we never found the weapons but we had retaliated with peer pressure pride without ever having any sure evidence, it was a clever draft. Color coded alerts constantly fed us shock waves to disrupt our nervous system.
Obviously with such a traumatizing effect, we caught on after the fact that we had been touched and fooled by that old serpent the devil, and now, if its not just me, we are being called back to the unity of the Body of Christ and general re interest in God on a global level. Post 911 spiritual revival of the Church yay or nay?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I was a sophomore in highschool when my teacher switched on the TV and we saw the second plane hit.
I remember not being as in shock as the others were, probably had to do with my doctors putting me on paxil a few weeks prior. Then everyone got really patriotic, everyone stood up for the national anthem in those days, even had little flags pinned over their heart.
The internet was evolving and gaining momentum at a rapid pace and mass speculation of the events surrounding 911 and the war began to surface. Laden called it "an act of God" and Americans smelt fish in their own government. Something dark had approached us like a thief, we never found the weapons but we had retaliated with peer pressure pride without ever having any sure evidence, it was a clever draft. Color coded alerts constantly fed us shock waves to disrupt our nervous system.
Obviously with such a traumatizing effect, we caught on after the fact that we had been touched and fooled by that old serpent the devil, and now, if its not just me, we are being called back to the unity of the Body of Christ and general re interest in God on a global level. Post 911 spiritual revival of the Church yay or nay?

Flags pinned over the heart is a sign of national solidarity and maybe national pride but not of prayer and love for God.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
God ordains who will hear and who will be deaf. God may ordain you and me to be the vessels who preach reconciliation to rebels, but God will determine who his children will be.
As I stated in another thread, China is seeing Christianity grow at faster rates than we see in the book of Acts. It is a remarkable thing that God is choosing to do. Meanwhile in the US God is leaving humans to their own rebellion.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Flags pinned over the heart is a sign of national solidarity and maybe national pride but not of prayer and love for God.
Yes I was describing patriotism not love for God, I am suggesting interested of God that followed the aftermath later on

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Yes I was describing patriotism not love for God, I am suggesting interested of God that followed the aftermath later on

It's hard to tell what motivates people to seek God but when they are motivated to seek God it is a good thing if they find him and cleave to him.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
God ordains who will hear and who will be deaf. God may ordain you and me to be the vessels who preach reconciliation to rebels, but God will determine who his children will be.
As I stated in another thread, China is seeing Christianity grow at faster rates than we see in the book of Acts. It is a remarkable thing that God is choosing to do. Meanwhile in the US God is leaving humans to their own rebellion.
Not sure what thread that is, but I have watched a lot of missionary videos from China that simply blow my mind, they seem very swift to conversion, much fish there

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

A former pastor told me that there was greater church attendance during the months that followed. There were some new member sign ups too so there were signs that people were drawn to God after the incident.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

9/11 was for my generation what the Assinations of Kennedy and King were to the one before us, and the bombing of Pearl Harbor to the one before that..... Images that are powerfully and eternally itched in our being.

I remember all the patriotism, all the unity, all the support for Bush and the military and the "First Responders." It was radical and sudden and very dramatic.

And temporary.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

Revival yay but post 911? Dunno. One guy fell from his faith and is an atheist now who tries pull ppl from their faith, because his church said it was punishment from God.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Revival yay but post 911? Dunno. One guy fell from his faith and is an atheist now who tries pull ppl from their faith, because his church said it was punishment from God.
So he pulls people away because his church said the attacks were just?
[emoji34]

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
So he pulls people away because his church said the attacks were just?
[emoji34]

He fell from his faith because of that and now he's just like Dawkins, wrote a book, saying God is a monster, thus doesn't exist and he's more moral than the God of the Bible. Guess he was a baby christian and a tiny bit proud. Lol I tried to convert him. Still praying for him.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
And temporary.

It just shows how full of it people can be. Perhaps its a generational slip, people get caught up in the moment and then come down and fall just a bit deeper and become bitter. Meanwhile the kids they raise see injustice of past events and use it as a muse to rebel and blame the generation before, they then become unpatriotic and may even weaken the nation and make it more vulnerable for another attack.
They even blindside themselves by division and fighting that they should kill each other. Shoot em up video games arent helping, television glorifies immoral behavior, I was just listening to a rock station the other day and now refuse to listen to it because of a song with the lyrics "God hates me so I medicate" or something like that... horrible music anyway.
The bible speaks much on degeneration.
Not trying to get off topic but its amazing to see how low society can fall with in a few decades.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Isaiah 60:2

2 For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth,
And deep darkness the people;
But the Lord will arise over you,
And His glory will be seen upon you.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I don't recall seeing any revival after 911, if there was it was very temporary. I do remember an increase in church attendance back during the first Gulf War when George H.W. Bush was President.

Top Bottom