• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 126
    1. #11
      MoreCoffee is offline Silver Member
      Sabbaticle
       
      Mood:
      Tired
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      Perth
      Posts
      14,138
      Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      10,778
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      37,574
      Level
      51
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      20.67%
      Rep Power
      568
      Quote Originally Posted by Imalive View Post
      Republic is no fun.
      I suppose we could elect a king or queen like in Star Wars on Nabu


    2. #12
      Confessional Lutheran's Avatar
      Confessional Lutheran is offline Prodigy Member
      Supporting Member
      44
      Divorced
      Mood:
      Amused
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Location
      Northern Virginia
      Posts
      561
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      2,571
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      5,904
      Level
      23
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      80.78%
      Rep Power
      138
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      I am a republican just not a USAn

      Ah, yes, there should be a distinction made between a member of the United States Republican Party and an Australian Republican. Let's see if I can find some links! Here we go.. http://www.republic.org.au/, https://www.gop.com/. This is definitely worthy of further study.

    3. #13
      MoreCoffee is offline Silver Member
      Sabbaticle
       
      Mood:
      Tired
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      Perth
      Posts
      14,138
      Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      10,778
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      37,574
      Level
      51
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      20.67%
      Rep Power
      568
      Quote Originally Posted by Confessional Lutheran View Post
      Ah, yes, there should be a distinction made between a member of the United States Republican Party and an Australian Republican. Let's see if I can find some links! Here we go.. http://www.republic.org.au/, https://www.gop.com/. This is definitely worthy of further study.
      If I were a USA citizen I would not join the GOP. Not my cup of tea. Besides they are in a kind of crisis now aren't they with Donald and that other guy doing their best to remove existing GOP congressmen and senators and replace them with crazies from the TEA party or something.

    4. Likes Confessional Lutheran liked this post
    5. #14
      MoreCoffee is offline Silver Member
      Sabbaticle
       
      Mood:
      Tired
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      Perth
      Posts
      14,138
      Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      10,778
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      37,574
      Level
      51
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      20.67%
      Rep Power
      568
      Our current PM has a plan



      Caution, Australian media laws are not as prudish as USA ones so an occasional naughty word may be heard.


    6. Likes Confessional Lutheran, Stravinsk liked this post
    7. #15
      Confessional Lutheran's Avatar
      Confessional Lutheran is offline Prodigy Member
      Supporting Member
      44
      Divorced
      Mood:
      Amused
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Location
      Northern Virginia
      Posts
      561
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      2,571
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      5,904
      Level
      23
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      80.78%
      Rep Power
      138
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      Our current PM has a plan



      Caution, Australian media laws are not as prudish as USA ones so an occasional naughty word may be heard.

      That's right, you lot don't have that Puritan background. Do you suppose waiting for the current queen's death would work, though? If Australia breaks away, what of New Zealand? Or Canada? Or any of the other country in the Commonwealth of Nations?
      Last edited by Confessional Lutheran; 11-02-2017 at 08:32 PM.

    8. #16
      MoreCoffee is offline Silver Member
      Sabbaticle
       
      Mood:
      Tired
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      Perth
      Posts
      14,138
      Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      10,778
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      37,574
      Level
      51
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      20.67%
      Rep Power
      568
      Quote Originally Posted by Confessional Lutheran View Post
      That's right, you lot don't have that Puritan background. Do you suppose waiting for the current queen's death would work, though? If Australia breaks away, what of New Zealand? Or Canada? Or any of the other country in the Commonwealth of Nations?
      I think many Australians believe that Prince Charles is crazy and Camilla has never been loved by the Australian public so waiting may mean instant republic because nobody in Australia will want King Charles and Queen Camilla.

    9. #17
      Confessional Lutheran's Avatar
      Confessional Lutheran is offline Prodigy Member
      Supporting Member
      44
      Divorced
      Mood:
      Amused
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Location
      Northern Virginia
      Posts
      561
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      2,571
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      5,904
      Level
      23
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      80.78%
      Rep Power
      138
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      I think many Australians believe that Prince Charles is crazy and Camilla has never been loved by the Australian public so waiting may mean instant republic because nobody in Australia will want King Charles and Queen Camilla.
      That seems to simplify things considerably.

    10. #18
      MoreCoffee is offline Silver Member
      Sabbaticle
       
      Mood:
      Tired
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      Perth
      Posts
      14,138
      Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      10,778
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      37,574
      Level
      51
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      20.67%
      Rep Power
      568
      Quote Originally Posted by Confessional Lutheran View Post
      That seems to simplify things considerably.
      Things can change. By the time Elizabeth dies Charles may have redeemed himself in the public's opinion. I'd prefer to end it while the queen is still there so that nobody can claim it happened because everybody hates Charles.

    11. #19
      Confessional Lutheran's Avatar
      Confessional Lutheran is offline Prodigy Member
      Supporting Member
      44
      Divorced
      Mood:
      Amused
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Location
      Northern Virginia
      Posts
      561
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      2,571
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      5,904
      Level
      23
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      80.78%
      Rep Power
      138
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      Things can change. By the time Elizabeth dies Charles may have redeemed himself in the public's opinion. I'd prefer to end it while the queen is still there so that nobody can claim it happened because everybody hates Charles.
      Before Princess Diana's death, I might have sympathized with the Royals some. Now, I hope your country gets exactly what it wants and needs in regard to its autonomy. Australia should be governed by Australians.

    12. #20
      MoreCoffee is offline Silver Member
      Sabbaticle
       
      Mood:
      Tired
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      Perth
      Posts
      14,138
      Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      10,778
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      37,574
      Level
      51
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      20.67%
      Rep Power
      568
      Quote Originally Posted by Confessional Lutheran View Post
      Before Princess Diana's death, I might have sympathized with the Royals some. Now, I hope your country gets exactly what it wants and needs in regard to its autonomy. Australia should be governed by Australians.
      It is. But the head of state is English despite being "queen of Australia".

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •