Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
They can become a banana republic.

One of our Prime Ministers said that in the 1980s (before he became prime minister) :p

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
One of our Prime Ministers said that in the 1980s (before he became prime minister) :p

Neat. Has the republican movement gained any steam in the last couple of months?

kiwimac

Religious Affiliation
Utrecht
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Married
I quite like the Royals so this kiwi wouldn't want a republic (mostly, to be frank, because IMO my fellows couldn't vote for anyone with sense for president.)

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Post #50:
Okay, okay, wait a minute. I thought Imalive was ethnically Dutch? She's Australian? So people from places like Australia, New Zealand and Canada are moving out to Europe? Or maybe her people in Australia are of Dutch descent living in Tasmania. Confusing the heck out of me. I though Europe was a place people moved away from ( unless they're from Turkey or Central Asia), rather than a migration point for people to move to.

Post #51:
imalive is a clever Dutch lady, as far as I know she is not from Australia.

Post #55:
No I'm Dutch. I live in Holland, but Dutch sisters from my mother went to Tasmania...

The wife of the heir to the royal throne of Denmark (the Crown Princess) is from Tasmania.

She also seems to be a clever lady.

Pedrito doesn't think she's Dutch.

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Pedrito's thoughts as expressed in Post #110 were confirmed recently when historical "Cabinet papers" were released. (The Cabinet is the inner sanctum of senior members of the governing political party.)

The papers were from the era when the poltical party that had formerly tried to stay in power illegally, was in power. That Party had been pushing for a republic, ever since its illegal attempt was thwarted by the skill of the then Governor General, using his limited powers intelligently for the good of the people.

The released papers revealed that that Party was highly concerned at the possibility of the proposed President being elected by the people (popular vote), as opposed to by the parliament (which they would have control of sooner or later, and had control of at that time).

Based on historical context, people can feel free to draw their own conclusions regarding what that might mean.

Top Bottom