God's displeasure with Cain?

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
According to "them"? Did I claim Yeshua was made up? No, I didn't. You are lumping me in with people who have drawn a conclusion based on this.

I have given my reasons for not believing Saul/Paul is a prophet, elsewhere. It is dishonest of you not to acknowledge that and to instead make a grand generalization of the "they" as if every person who disbelieves Saul/Paul can fit into your neat little group of atheist disbelievers!

The reason spoken of here (the greek play) is but one reason. The Hebrew God would absolutely not introduce himself to Saul using the words and message of a Greek god!!

No I mean you're a believer. You dont care about their nonsensical proof w Dionysos or whoever w which they prove Jesus is made up. So it doesn't tell me anything about Paul either if there is such a play. It proves nothing.
Why would He not do that? He let Jesus be born from a virgin although the Greek had that in their play.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Did you know, sir, that Jesus's supposed first words to Saul on that wide wide road to Damascus actually are a reference to a Greek play featuring the Greek God Dionysus? The play is called The Bacchae, was written long before Paul's time, and is most definitely a greek play featuring the Greek god Dionysus.

A quote from that play in which Dionysus speaks is Jesus's supposed first words to Saul/Paul - and it is said they are spoken in the Hebrew language, lol! Paul's conversion story is a fiction.
As you choose to believe. I did not know that but I do not put it beyond the realm of possibility that God would know thoise words and use them. Seems to me that saying why doest thou persecutist me was right on point

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
In Genesis Chapter 4 is the story of Cain and Abel.

In verse 7 God clearly says that Cain is not accepted because he does not "do well" and that "sin is at the door".

This is important - it is not Cain's wroth or his disappointment that his offering was rejected that is the sin - but the sin itself is not named.

Equally as important is that this all happens before Cain murders Abel.

Abel is a shepherd, he keeps the sheep free from dangers like predators - for example - wolves. Abel is a good shepherd, and Yeshua calls him "righteous" (Matthew 23:35)

This all happens many generations before the flood, and as such, God has not given men permission to eat animals.

The text does not say Abel actually sacrificed any of the flock, just that he kept them (protected them) and offered God the firstlings and the fat thereof. There is no explicit sacrifice in the Genesis text, nor any of the Old Testament that I am aware of referencing this particular event.

So, what is Cain's sin?

Secondary Question for Pauline Christians - is Yeshua telling lies when he calls Abel righteous? Because according to your teacher (former murderer turned saint according to himself), no one is. :)

you said yourself that the sin is not named, so we can only speculate about what Cain's sin was and don't know for sure.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
you said yourself that the sin is not named, so we can only speculate about what Cain's sin was and don't know for sure.

Given relevant Scriptures highlighted here, the emphasis on the words and actions of Christ, not the words of Saul/Paul, this is a Non sequitur. However, I suspect the flesh of this thread will only be seen by those with eyes to see and ears to hear.

Top Bottom