Justification or Sanctification Differences

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
That's something I let the Pauline Christians argue about, because it's always a discussion with them along with "Am I saved with...", "Am I saved if..." etc. In life, on the internet, wherever - it's always a point of difference and argument.

That being said, I did get excited when I saw this thread!!

Proverbs 17:15 He who justifies the wicked, and he who condemns the just, <------------I can trust this
Both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD.

Romans 4:5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him <--------Because I can trust the above I can't trust this!
who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,
The Bible often speaks of "sinners" and "wicked" as being what I'd call orientations. They refer to people who are fundamentally opposed to God's purposes, not to believers who sin.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
The Bible often speaks of "sinners" and "wicked" as being what I'd call orientations. They refer to people who are fundamentally opposed to God's purposes, not to believers who sin.

What about believers who go on exactly as they did before they believed? No change in behaviour or in ways of living, talking, or thinking except to occasionally utter "Jesus is my personal saviour".

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
What about believers who go on exactly as they did before they believed? No change in behaviour or in ways of living, talking, or thinking except to occasionally utter "Jesus is my personal saviour".

It's not my job to judge people. Jesus says both that God loves us unconditionally and that we'll be accountable for how we respond to his call.

Top Bottom