• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Results 1 to 8 of 8

    World Religion & Speculative Theology - Thread: Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit

    1. #1
      Andrew's Avatar
      Andrew is offline Veteran Member
      Supporting Member
      34
      Mood:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      2,331
      Country
      United States
      CH Challenge
      159
      CH Cash
      11,305
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      12,019
      Level
      32
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      22.89%
      Rep Power
      366

      Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit

      Excerpts from https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.got...ly-Spirit.html

      The term*blasphemy*may be generally defined as “defiant irreverence.” The term can be applied to such sins as cursing God or willfully degrading things relating to God. Blasphemy is also attributing some evil to God or denying Him some good that we should attribute to Him. This particular case of blasphemy, however, is called “the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit” in Matthew 12:31. The Pharisees, having witnessed irrefutable proof that Jesus was working miracles in the power of the Holy Spirit, claimed instead that the Lord was possessed by a demon (Matthew 12:24). Notice in Mark 3:30 Jesus is very specific about what the Pharisees did to commit blasphemy against the Holy Spirit: “He said this because they were saying, ‘He has an impure spirit.’”

      Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit has to do with accusing Jesus Christ of being demon-possessed instead of Spirit-filled. This particular type of blasphemy cannot be duplicated today. The Pharisees were in a unique moment in history: they had the Law and the Prophets, they had the Holy Spirit stirring their hearts, they had the Son of God Himself standing right in front of them, and they saw with their own eyes the miracles He did. Never before in the history of the world (and never since) had so much divine light been granted to men; if anyone should have recognized Jesus for who He was, it was the Pharisees. Yet they chose defiance. They purposely attributed the work of the Spirit to the devil, even though they knew the truth and had the proof. Jesus declared their willful blindness to be unpardonable. Their blasphemy against the Holy Spirit was their final rejection of God’s grace. They had set their course, and God was going to let them sail into perdition unhindered.

      Jesus told the crowd that the Pharisees’ blasphemy against the Holy Spirit “will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come” (Matthew 12:32). This is another way of saying that their sin would never be forgiven, ever. Not now, not in eternity. As Mark 3:29 puts it, “They are guilty of an eternal sin.”

      -copy pasta-

    2. #2
      pinacled's Avatar
      pinacled is offline Prodigy Member
      A graphic novel coming soon
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Posts
      729
      Country
      United States
      CH Challenge
      53
      CH Cash
      5,541
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      1,447
      Level
      12
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      88.76%
      Rep Power
      16
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      Excerpts from https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.got...ly-Spirit.html

      The term*blasphemy*may be generally defined as “defiant irreverence.” The term can be applied to such sins as cursing God or willfully degrading things relating to God. Blasphemy is also attributing some evil to God or denying Him some good that we should attribute to Him. This particular case of blasphemy, however, is called “the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit” in Matthew 12:31. The Pharisees, having witnessed irrefutable proof that Jesus was working miracles in the power of the Holy Spirit, claimed instead that the Lord was possessed by a demon (Matthew 12:24). Notice in Mark 3:30 Jesus is very specific about what the Pharisees did to commit blasphemy against the Holy Spirit: “He said this because they were saying, ‘He has an impure spirit.’”

      Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit has to do with accusing Jesus Christ of being demon-possessed instead of Spirit-filled. This particular type of blasphemy cannot be duplicated today. The Pharisees were in a unique moment in history: they had the Law and the Prophets, they had the Holy Spirit stirring their hearts, they had the Son of God Himself standing right in front of them, and they saw with their own eyes the miracles He did. Never before in the history of the world (and never since) had so much divine light been granted to men; if anyone should have recognized Jesus for who He was, it was the Pharisees. Yet they chose defiance. They purposely attributed the work of the Spirit to the devil, even though they knew the truth and had the proof. Jesus declared their willful blindness to be unpardonable. Their blasphemy against the Holy Spirit was their final rejection of God’s grace. They had set their course, and God was going to let them sail into perdition unhindered.

      Jesus told the crowd that the Pharisees’ blasphemy against the Holy Spirit “will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come” (Matthew 12:32). This is another way of saying that their sin would never be forgiven, ever. Not now, not in eternity. As Mark 3:29 puts it, “They are guilty of an eternal sin.”

      -copy pasta-
      I would like to appologize any readers for my providing the hebrew to english tanakh link with rashi comentary.
      After further reading I found unspeakable teachings in Rashi commentary that appealed to an evil that should have never of been written.
      And so please if a person were to explore the hebrew to english bible.
      Strip rashi from it.

    3. #3
      Andrew's Avatar
      Andrew is offline Veteran Member
      Supporting Member
      34
      Mood:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      2,331
      Country
      United States
      CH Challenge
      159
      CH Cash
      11,305
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      12,019
      Level
      32
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      22.89%
      Rep Power
      366
      Quote Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
      I would like to appologize any readers for my providing the hebrew to english tanakh link with rashi comentary.
      After further reading I found unspeakable teachings in Rashi commentary that appealed to an evil that should have never of been written.
      And so please if a person were to explore the hebrew to english bible.
      Strip rashi from it.
      rashi was blaspheming?

    4. #4
      TurtleHare's Avatar
      TurtleHare is offline Prodigy Member
      Yoyo
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Posts
      995
      Country
      United States
      CH Challenge
      115
      CH Cash
      2,715
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (5,719 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      7,534
      Level
      26
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      43.29%
      Rep Power
      222
      Quote Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
      I would like to appologize any readers for my providing the hebrew to english tanakh link with rashi comentary.
      After further reading I found unspeakable teachings in Rashi commentary that appealed to an evil that should have never of been written.
      And so please if a person were to explore the hebrew to english bible.
      Strip rashi from it.
      Are you talking about that thread with all the numbers?
      If you want to rile people up then go to a Christian site and give God ALL the glory for your salvation.

    5. #5
      Andrew's Avatar
      Andrew is offline Veteran Member
      Supporting Member
      34
      Mood:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      2,331
      Country
      United States
      CH Challenge
      159
      CH Cash
      11,305
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      12,019
      Level
      32
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      22.89%
      Rep Power
      366
      Quote Originally Posted by TurtleHare View Post
      Are you talking about that thread with all the numbers?
      Yeah I have no clue what all this rashi stuff is about.

    6. #6
      pinacled's Avatar
      pinacled is offline Prodigy Member
      A graphic novel coming soon
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Posts
      729
      Country
      United States
      CH Challenge
      53
      CH Cash
      5,541
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      1,447
      Level
      12
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      88.76%
      Rep Power
      16
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      rashi was blaspheming?
      Yes, i found that in the rashi commentary God is described as being evil

    7. #7
      pinacled's Avatar
      pinacled is offline Prodigy Member
      A graphic novel coming soon
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Posts
      729
      Country
      United States
      CH Challenge
      53
      CH Cash
      5,541
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      1,447
      Level
      12
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      88.76%
      Rep Power
      16
      Quote Originally Posted by TurtleHare View Post
      Are you talking about that thread with all the numbers?
      The numerical composition is a personal work in Faith that has been given freely.

      The rashi comentary is in most if not all hebrew to english tanakh(bibles).
      I was studying the comparisons of word translation form hebrew in specific areas to confirm something on a personal level.

      Again, be vigilant.
      The rashi comentary commits unspeakable words

    8. #8
      popsthebuilder's Avatar
      popsthebuilder is offline Veteran Member
      Single
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      1,712
      CH Challenge
      3
      CH Cash
      34,080
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      6,261
      Level
      24
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      41.38%
      Rep Power
      141
      Quote Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
      Yes, i found that in the rashi commentary God is described as being evil
      Which is what blaspheming the Holy Spirit actually is.


      One would do well to stay away from texts or doctrines that make GOD out as evil ultimately, one must be certain of discernment before proclaiming such also.
      Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •