Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
People have all sorts of wild ideas as to what the forbidden fruit was or meant.
I was thinking about it this morning at work and it makes perfect sense that the forbidden fruit is simply the fruit of disobedience. Thoughts?

Last edited:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Asuk

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
The forbidden fruit is consciousness.

Asuk

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Bananas taste good and so did the forbidden fruit!

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
d9ee4e55b512777ba34e4d35e4a7322e.jpg

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The forbidden fruit is consciousness.
Joseph Campbell taught this, I see it more like conscience angel on the right and devil on the left shoulders...
Anyway we all know the rest, they hide from God and he finds out and says
1611defb7ab52710b037a0ebc5291e3d.jpg

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
People have all sorts of wild ideas as to what the forbidden fruit was or meant.
I was thinking about it this morning at work and it makes perfect sense that the forbidden fruit is simply the fruit of disobedience. Thoughts?

Genesis states that the fruit is knowledge - specifically the knowledge of good and evil. It cannot be disobedience - because if it were, then that would make God disobedient - Genesis 3:22.

I think the clue is in that Adam and Eve suddenly noticed that they were naked. So how did they not know this before? They did know it before - and were not ashamed. The new awareness of misdeeds that could be done with and to the human body is what caused them to feel shame - not the nakedness itself.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Genesis states that the fruit is knowledge - specifically the knowledge of good and evil. It cannot be disobedience - because if it were, then that would make God disobedient - Genesis 3:22.

I think the clue is in that Adam and Eve suddenly noticed that they were naked. So how did they not know this before? They did know it before - and were not ashamed. The new awareness of misdeeds that could be done with and to the human body is what caused them to feel shame - not the nakedness itself.
Taking the fruit is the very act of disobedience to God. The fruit is then the fruit of disobedience, the whole point of the lesson. You can have absolutely anything BUT do not disobey me and take of the one tree in the midst of the garden. It is forbidden, even unto a test, it could have been an apple but the point is is that they disobeyed as soon as they took it and ate.

Asuk

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Genesis states that the fruit is knowledge - specifically the knowledge of good and evil.

And this is one of the key things that separates humans from animals. Also, animals have no concept of clothing or that they have a limited amount of days on this planet. Perhaps Adam was the first to only have 46 chromosomes.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Taking the fruit is the very act of disobedience to God. The fruit is then the fruit of disobedience, the whole point of the lesson. You can have absolutely anything BUT do not disobey me and take of the one tree in the midst of the garden. It is forbidden, even unto a test, it could have been an apple but the point is is that they disobeyed as soon as they took it and ate.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Taking (eating) the fruit was an act of disobedience. The very first by man, according to Genesis. But that isn't what your original question asked -

Don't confuse the action (taking/eating) with the object of that action (the fruit).

The bible makes it clear that the tree represented knowledge man wasn't meant to have.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Miles Kington — 'Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.'

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

It absolutely makes no difference at all what type of fruit it was. It matters that God said this is off limits and they were disobedient.

Asuk

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
It had to be a very delicious fruit to make it tempting. Probably had an aroma that wafted all through the garden.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
it makes perfect sense that the forbidden fruit is simply the fruit of disobedience. Thoughts?

It looks like you may two different ideas here. The ACT of TAKING the fruit was an act of disobedience, true, but that doesn't mean that the fruit itself represents disobedience. If it had, the Genesis account would be wrong and Adam would have wanted, against God's warning, to taste what?...disobedience? Obviously, I'd think, the fruit has to have been something attractive or appealing, no matter how we look at it.

I see that others have said essentially the same thing, but this is what I thought when I read the post.

Last edited:

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It looks like you may two different ideas here. The ACT of TAKING the fruit was an act of disobedience, true, but that doesn't mean that the fruit itself represents disobedience. If it had, the Genesis account would be wrong and Adam would have wanted, against God's warning, to taste what?...disobedience? Obviously, I'd think, the fruit has to have been something attractive or appealing, no matter how we look at it.

I see that others have said essentially the same thing, but this is what I thought when I read the post.
On a side note it's an interesting fact that the tree in the middle of a garden is usually forbidden, no one was allowed to trim it or take its fruits... I wish I had references but I read on it a few years back.
Anyway the tree of life is also in the middle, the angels had to gard it after they fell, thats why we are to completely repent of all sin and become sons of God to have eternal life and take from the tree of life

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

That can't be that the fruit is disobedience because their sin was disobedience to God's command there was an actual fruit because that's what my bible says doesn't yours? The tree remained in the garden of Eden when Adam and Eve were cast out and now angels guard it so it's not disobedience it's an actual tree.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
That can't be that the fruit is disobedience because their sin was disobedience to God's command there was an actual fruit because that's what my bible says doesn't yours? The tree remained in the garden of Eden when Adam and Eve were cast out and now angels guard it so it's not disobedience it's an actual tree.
No they guard the Tree of Life so they couldn't obtain eternal life as the Sons of God have. The fruit could have been just an apple but they disobeyed none the less. You know that we are called to become Sons of God? So after our cleansing by the blood of Christ and full repentance we can take of the Tree of Life and live forever as fully redeemed and free of sin. If you are not completely transformed by the Holy Spirit you are still in disobedience to God.
It was so easy for them to fall and it's a struggle to get back up, rebirth should be an experience that you can pinpoint in retrospect, also should the water baptism in Jesus name be (or in the name of...), not as an innocent infant, what good does that do? It does no good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom