Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Earliest Human Cancer Found in 1.7-Million-Year-Old Bone

"Using 3-D imaging, the researchers have diagnosed an aggressive type of cancer called osteosarcoma in a foot bone belonging to a human relative who died in Swartkrans Cave between 1.6 and 1.8 million years ago."

"Possibly the earliest reference to the disease is attributed to the great Egyptian physician Imhotep, who lived around 2600 B.C. In his writings, Imhotep describes an affliction characterized by a “bulging mass in the breast” that was resistant to any known therapies."

"In 1990, for instance, autopsies performed on thousand-year-old mummies in Peru revealed at least one case of a woman in her mid-30s with a malignant tumor in her upper-left arm. The mass had grown so large that it likely burst through her skin while she was still alive."

The reason that we have more cancers now is that people live longer and we have more carcinogens in our world. But cancer is not man-made and it is not a modern disease.

Reactions: JRT

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's found in some animals, too. A lot of cats and rabbits die from it...

Yes, I think TODAY we are finding people dying from diseases not so important in the past simply because they are diseases that tend to show up later in life. Not so long ago, few people lived past their 40's. Women didn't die from breast cancer or uterine cancer simply because they were quite apt to die in childbirth. Alzheimers certainly existed but it was pretty much off the radar until people in signficant numbers began to live into their 80's and 90's.

For now anyway, everyone dies. Live long enough, and it may be from something younger folks don't usually die from. BTW, I suspect this is true even in animals... it's PETS who tend to get cancer. In the wild, I doubt few female rabbits live long enough for uterine cancer to get them but in captivity, they can easily live to be 10 - and get the disease (good reason to spay them).

I'm daily praying for you, Lamm..... that your experience with this horrible disease is a closed chapter - never to reopen.

- Josiah

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Thank you, Josiah :)

I had completely forgotten about cancer in animals and yes, that's so true! There are so many different cancers and it's been around sooo long and blaming one thing or another isn't always accurate.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

"Using 3-D imaging, the researchers have diagnosed an aggressive type of cancer called osteosarcoma in a foot bone belonging to a human relative who died in Swartkrans Cave between 1.6 and 1.8 million years ago."

Which researchers? What are their names and qualifications?

If they found a cancer 1.6-1.8 million years ago - how could that POSSIBLY BE AGGRESSIVE - lol! And btw, how did they date that? An educated guess?

"Possibly the earliest reference to the disease is attributed to the great Egyptian physician Imhotep, who lived around 2600 B.C. In his writings, Imhotep describes an affliction characterized by a “bulging mass in the breast” that was resistant to any known therapies."

The word "possibly" is operative here. This is a wild theory that no one can verify with any degree of certainty.

"In 1990, for instance, autopsies performed on thousand-year-old mummies in Peru revealed at least one case of a woman in her mid-30s with a malignant tumor in her upper-left arm. The mass had grown so large that it likely burst through her skin while she was still alive."

That would be statistically significant, if it were true. I've personally never heard of "cancer of the arm" until now.

The reason that we have more cancers now is that people live longer and we have more carcinogens in our world. But cancer is not man-made and it is not a modern disease.

No, for a number of reasons. Cancer effect people of any age, and 2 - it has risen significantly with modern industrialization - including that of our food - from the refining of grains, to chemical products used as food and to the much greater consumption of meat and dairy products.

Sorry Lam, Corporations - the worship of the all-mighty Dollar and the Central Banking that ties them all aren't serving humanity in the broader sense. Whether that be lies for wars, splitting up our grains or using them in ways that no longer nourish, or much greater consumption of meat, dairy and eggs made possible with mass factory farming, hormones, anti-biotics, etc - along with refined sugars, chemical sweeteners and refined grains.

It may seem like "normal living" to modern man - but when you buck nature, nature bucks back - with lots of different diseases. Man is not designed to eat modern chemicals, heavily refined grains or chemically altered by products of grains (see high fructose corn syrup, glucose syrup etc) , or even animals and animal products as the majority of his sustenance. Animal products can nourish man - but they were the exception, not the rule. Up until the flood they weren't even on the menu - so they weren't part of the design, according to the bible.

If you disbelieve that - all you need to look at is our closest relatives. Chimps and Apes.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Plus, I'm sure that with the lack of medical knowledge about cancer also meant that people died of it but they called it something else.

J.Money

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Very interesting indeed!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Plus, I'm sure that with the lack of medical knowledge about cancer also meant that people died of it but they called it something else.

One could assume that. I find that people run to the medical "authorities" when they get sick, but those so called authorities only get paid when they have something they can sell you. Like cancer drugs - chemo, radiation or surgery. The last person I watched die of cancer was in her 60's and I was told by the relatives all about how the doctors had tumor markers for this and that and how they were so smart and on and on and on.

When the cancer came back after surgery and light chemo - then they had their super smart more potent chemo ready (that of course was a "leading edge", "top of the line", "break through" "new" drug). Yep, she and the relies fell for that crap and we all watched her die a very slow and painful death. But I guess they did kill the cancer in the end - along with the patient.

As for other diseases - modern medicine has basically served in the same way. Disease management - not cure. Like insulin shots for diabetics who will not move to a whole food plant based diet and cure themselves.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Exactly. It's not like they had really good doctors down the road from them ;)

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
sure, like consumption was a biggie in the 1800's now it is called tuberculosis

Top Bottom