Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Do you think that there are alien civilizations "out there"? If so what kind?

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Some think WE are aliens.....

I think there is simply at present ZERO basis for any stance regarding life of any kind anywhere but here on this individual little blue planet. We have NOTHING - absolutely nothing whatsoever - to indicate otherwise, but nothing - absolutely nothing whatsoever - to indicate that life is unique to here.

That doesn't leave much to discuss.....

Now, PURE THEORIZING (and doing so out of NOTHING - see above), it is often pointed out that the universe is big. And now we have reason to believe there are many times more planets than suns, which makes for a large number of planets. And most of those planets rotate around brown drafts - which may be stars more likely to have planets with life on them. But of course, all this is just pure numbers and pure guessing.

My OWN guessing out of absolutely nothing (and therefore having a value and significance of zero) is that life - OF SOME KIND - probably exists beyond the Earth. Quite possibly in our own solar system. But it may be extremely rare - maybe even nonexistent - for such life to be like us, or even to be both intelligent and technological and existing at this moment. And (getting back to that point of BIGNESS), it may well be we have no way of knowing about that life - even if it exists. There is no overnight mail delivery to galaxies say 10 billion light years away.... heck, not even to the nearest star (which is a brown drawf.... with planets.... although none seem likely to harbor life).

This is simple a subject where anyone can "swaffle" all they want, all day long - it all means nothing since we have ZERO information.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
In our DNA. My sister once let her DNA get tested and we're so much percent Neanderthals. Eeww.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I have seen a couple of things in the night sky that I cannot explain. I might share it later when I have time.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
In our DNA. My sister once let her DNA get tested and we're so much percent Neanderthals. Eeww.

Hehehe.... you gotta point...

Actually, it's Europeans (and those with a bit of European in them) who have some Neanderthal in them. But that's probably most here at CH.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Amazing the things I've seen..... especially after helping to drain a bottle of Scotch.... mostly has to do with twins with four eyes.

Not sure they were aliens, however.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Ok the first time I saw something unusual was a night I was looking up towards the southern crux constellation, I was thinking about the outline of the cross it made when what seemed like a falling star appeared shooting up and then zigzagged and vanished. It moved seemingly slower than a shooting star and left more of a tracer. Very weird.
The second time my friend and I were star gazing and she noticed something hovering just above the tree line, it was quiet and quite big in the shape of a triangle. The peculiar thing about it is that it had no lights and the only way you could see it was because it blotted out the stars behind it leaving a clear triangle shape against the starry night. It moved at a slow steady pace and I began to walk after it but what was going to do? lol
So I did research it and supposable their is a government craft called the black knight ot something and its shaped like that, its used to detect forrest fires along highways which I live in a wooded area along the highway. This was in a I.D. conspiracy science magazine, so it could have also been a coverup?
Some say its advanced technology, some say extra dimensional beings and demonic fallen angels, some say watchers.
I even heard that they are developed martians after the atomic destruction of the planet [emoji43]

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Hehehe.... you gotta point...

Actually, it's Europeans (and those with a bit of European in them) who have some Neanderthal in them. But that's probably most here at CH.

That's not exactly right. It's middle eastern people, Arabs, Jews from the area, and so forth who have the greatest amount of Neanderthal DNA. Mind you, Neanderthal people were smart.

Top Bottom