Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
In the USA, October is especially the month to reveal and express our appreciation for our pastors....

What do you appreciate about your pastor(s)?

What (if anything) is your church doing this month to express appreciation for your pastor(s)?

- Josiah

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
In the USA, October is especially the month to reveal and express our appreciation for our pastors....

What (if anything) is your church doing this month to express appreciation for your pastor(s)?

- Josiah

I don't know of any special function our parish is doing for our pastor this month.
I appreciate the level of education my pastor teaches with ( Concordia Seminary does not turn out dummies).
I appreciate his sincerity of faith which is quite clear on every message he preaches n Sunday.
I appreciate his availability when I need to run to Private Confession and Absolution.
I appreciate his perceptiveness.
I appreciate his honest, direct way of speaking.
I appreciate his leadership.
I appreciate his common sense approach to the issues that crop up occasionally.
I appreciate his devotion to God and to God's Church.

Last edited:

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't believe my church is doing anything to observe Pastor Appreciation month, but it's a good idea. In small churches, which most churches are nowadays, the pastor is left to do many of the maintenance tasks so that the place doesn't go to seed. Meanwhile, most of the parishioners just think that they should show up on Sunday, give something when the collection plate is passed, and disappear until next week, confident that everything will magically be in place and ready to go as it was the week prior.

The suggestion there is that taking on some of the everyday duties that keep the building in repair would be a better gift than an literal gift given in a box tied with a bow.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

- Josiah

I pray for my pastor :)

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe my church is doing anything to observe Pastor Appreciation month, but it's a good idea. In small churches, which most churches are nowadays, the pastor is left to do many of the maintenance tasks so that the place doesn't go to seed. Meanwhile, most of the parishioners just think that they should show up on Sunday, give something when the collection plate is passed, and disappear until next week, confident that everything will magically be in place and ready to go as it was the week prior.

The suggestion there is that taking on some of the everyday duties that keep the building in repair would be a better gift than an literal gift given in a box tied with a bow.

It baffles me. He wanted to rent a building to give School of ministry lessons. I told him to find a house of someone. 73 euro for one night rent and ppl whine if he asks 13 bucks for the lessons. It all has to be for free. So I can pay it. Even more debts. Bye! Too lazy to pay, go sit in a living room.
Lol tonight I had a dream that he was walking somewhere else w the service and I just talked to those ppl. Hey! That building costed 73 euro! He has no cent. You let yourselves get served for free. Go pay!!

Last edited:

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We aren't doing a lot....

Our president (and his wife) are getting a huge card for all to sign (that starts today) so it can be presented next Sunday...

We all got a letter asking for a special donation ($10.00 was sort of suggested). I saw in an email that so far, about $220 has been donated but we still have today. This is all going to be put in a gift card to the favorite restaurant of our pastor and his wife (they'll be able to go 2 or 3 times with it).

Just a symbolic way to say we appreciate all he does.....

In the past, I'm told the church bought him all new office furniture (it's very nice), one year they bought him season tickets to a playhouse, one year they gave him an additional week off and paid for a B&B in Santa Barbara..... but since I've come, it's been a card and gift card.

- Josiah

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Lol pastor appreciation month. Today he set a guy free from a bunch of demons. His uncle dedicated him to satan when he was 6. That demon said: I'm gonna kill you! I had to laugh cuz he sure didnt appreciate the pastor. Guy who got set free did though.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
We sent ours to Poland :groupheads:

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Your pastor?:p

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Seems a bit extreme. In other denominations the congregation just calls a new pastor.

We're going to let him come back in a few weeks

:smirk:

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
I love the fact that our pastors glorify God in everything. I love the fact that they would cringe at "Pastor appreciation month."
We have been celebrating the 500th anniversary of the Reformation. I am thrilled that our Pastor's emphasize the Sola's.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I love the fact that our pastors glorify God in everything. I love the fact that they would cringe at "Pastor appreciation month."
We have been celebrating the 500th anniversary of the Reformation. I am thrilled that our Pastor's emphasize the Sola's.

Sounds tragic to me :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

You make a good point. A lot of pastors don't want the focus on them but instead on Jesus :)

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Our church bulletin has some suggestions for Pastor appreciation month.

1. Pray for them
2. Write them encouraging letters
3. Serve in church
4. Encourage & compliment their spouse & children
5. Protect their time
6. A special gift or gift card

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Our church bulletin has some suggestions for Pastor appreciation month.

1. Pray for them
2. Write them encouraging letters
3. Serve in church
4. Encourage & compliment their spouse & children
5. Protect their time
6. A special gift or gift card

What???!!! No "send them to Poland"?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

- Josiah

Lots to appreciate about my pastor. In no particular order, a few things:

He's very welcoming.
He has a very extensive knowledge of Scripture that he is always happy to share and discuss.
He has a servant's heart.
He preaches solid, Scripturally-backed sermons.
He is strong enough to lead and humble enough to listen to dissenting viewpoints.
He is truly dedicated to leading the church God has entrusted to him.

What we're doing is quite broad. Each of our small groups is doing their own thing to honor him (my small group is giving him a couple of joke gifts and a cash donation so he can do something he particularly wants, I'm not sure what the others are doing).

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
Sounds tragic to me :)

Why would that be, I wonder? I also appreciate the fact that our Pastor gives some fantastic sermons. Who would have thought that the Parable of the guy without the wedding garment could have applied to Jesus Himself? He showed up to the party, didn't act according to the world's expectations and was brutally crucified, thrown out of the world, as it were. So what happened? He returned to the party and more or less stole the show. I had thought that this parable had something to do with somebody showing up to the feast without being clothed in Baptism and being cast out. I appreciate the perspectives my pastor has to offer.

Top Bottom