• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Results 241 to 249 of 249

    World Religion & Speculative Theology - Thread: The Triune God.

    1. #241
      MoreCoffee's Avatar
      MoreCoffee is offline Gold Member
      Fading awa...
       
      Mood:
      Secret
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      16,541
      Country
      Vatican
      CH Cash
      22,205
      CH Challenge
      695
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      44,228
      Level
      54
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      53.96%
      Rep Power
      686
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      Could you rephrase that? I can read this two different ways.
      Sounds like you said God created other spirits in his image.
      Yes, that is what I wrote. God created angels and human beings in his image; the angels are "pure spirits" and as such reflect God's nature as spirit while Human Beings hear the image of God that the Lord Jesus Christ bore and continues to bear as God incarnate.
      Saint Jude, author of the new testament letter.

      He is the patron of impossible causes because the scriptural Letter of St. Jude, which he authored, urges Christians to persevere in difficult times.

      Hidden Content

    2. #242
      Andrew's Avatar
      Andrew is offline Veteran Member
      Supporting Member
      34
      Mood:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      2,311
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      11,206
      CH Challenge
      159
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      11,977
      Level
      32
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      18.26%
      Rep Power
      366
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      If you read the whole Athanasian Creed (a task that takes around two minutes if you read slowly) then you'd know what Blessed Mary is the Mother of God incarnate, the Son, and not of the Trinity.
      I could be bi-tarian but I might as well be trinatarian because it basically means the same. I just dont like being suspended inbetween oneness and trinitarian because I see both sides of the argument I just want to worship our God without being this and against and vise versa. Frankly this argument is starting to get on my nerves because no matter how we look at scripture we can always say one God and Three in unity. Thanks for the clarification on Mary anyway, yes I have always known her to be the mother of Jesus I just hear Mother of God a lot and that might confuse a child.

    3. #243
      MoreCoffee's Avatar
      MoreCoffee is offline Gold Member
      Fading awa...
       
      Mood:
      Secret
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      16,541
      Country
      Vatican
      CH Cash
      22,205
      CH Challenge
      695
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      44,228
      Level
      54
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      53.96%
      Rep Power
      686
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      I could be bi-tarian but I might as well be trinatarian because it basically means the same. I just dont like being suspended inbetween oneness and trinitarian because I see both sides of the argument I just want to worship our God without being this and against and vise versa. Frankly this argument is starting to get on my nerves because no matter how we look at scripture we can always say one God and Three in unity. Thanks for the clarification on Mary anyway, yes I have always known her to be the mother of Jesus I just hear Mother of God a lot and that might confuse a child.
      But you are 30+ years old so it isn't going to confuse you
      Saint Jude, author of the new testament letter.

      He is the patron of impossible causes because the scriptural Letter of St. Jude, which he authored, urges Christians to persevere in difficult times.

      Hidden Content

    4. #244
      Andrew's Avatar
      Andrew is offline Veteran Member
      Supporting Member
      34
      Mood:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      2,311
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      11,206
      CH Challenge
      159
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      11,977
      Level
      32
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      18.26%
      Rep Power
      366
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      But you are 30+ years old so it isn't going to confuse you
      No it doesn't. As far as Trinity goes, I've decided to keep it between me and God until I feel confident enough, if you are Trinitarian I say "Praise God" and if you are Oneness I say "Praise God". A haughty spirit can sometimes not recognised what the "overcoming" can be even when God reveals it to you.
      I don't condemn anyone who believes unto the Lord Jesus Christ. If I judge then so I am judged and I've feeling it lately. I confess as well that my fear is outweighing my confidence in salvation, I am noticing man pleasing is becoming works, I am a yes man but I need to put the Lord first. I will pray for guidance from the heavy judgments I reflect on my self, and that for pure conscious and not just for the sake of argument, that I can acknowledge and respect the same God I have always known, who has never changed, even in TRINITY.
      Last edited by Andrew; 11-06-2017 at 05:51 PM.

    5. Likes popsthebuilder liked this post
    6. #245
      MoreCoffee's Avatar
      MoreCoffee is offline Gold Member
      Fading awa...
       
      Mood:
      Secret
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      16,541
      Country
      Vatican
      CH Cash
      22,205
      CH Challenge
      695
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      44,228
      Level
      54
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      53.96%
      Rep Power
      686
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      No it doesn't. As far as Trinity goes, I've decided to keep it between me and God until I feel confident enough, if you are Trinitarian I say "Praise God" and if you are Oneness I say "Praise God". A haughty spirit can sometimes not recognised what the "overcoming" can be even when God reveals it to you.
      No child of God can be haughty about the Holy Trinity because no one discovered it or carefully reasoned it out it was revealed by God little by little and line by line here a little and there a little until it was clear enough for a child to see. God is one and God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit one yet three one in glory, power, eternity, and knowledge yet three in persons. It is easy to understand but it is also wholly unlike anything in creation. What gives some trouble is their desire to "see" the Trinity, to grasp the concept and imagine what the concept "looks like". That is why so many have tried to give an analogy only to fail. Water as vapour, liquid, and solid is an analogy of modalism, a three leaf clover is an analogy of tritheism, Jehovah's witnesses teach arianism in their desire to "see God", and oneness Pentecostals teach modalism in their desire to "see God". None shall see him as he is until he reveals himself in the resurrection to the saved on the last day. The blessed saints in haven now see God yet their vision is not the blessed vision of resurrection eyes. As saint Paul said "Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known."

      I don't condemn anyone who believes unto the Lord Jesus Christ. If I judge then so I am judged and I've feeling it lately. I confess as well that my fear is outweighing my confidence in salvation, I am noticing man pleasing is becoming works, I am a yes man but I need to put the Lord first. I will pray for guidance from the heavy judgments I reflect on my self, and that for pure conscious and not just for the sake of argument, that I can acknowledge and respect the same God I have always known, who has never changed, even in TRINITY.
      No one on Earth condemns but every one of the faithful judges the words and deeds of others to test them and see if they are of God. That is discernment. To test what is present and keep only what is good and holy and pure while rejecting everything that is corrupted.
      Saint Jude, author of the new testament letter.

      He is the patron of impossible causes because the scriptural Letter of St. Jude, which he authored, urges Christians to persevere in difficult times.

      Hidden Content

    7. Likes Andrew liked this post
    8. #246
      Andrew's Avatar
      Andrew is offline Veteran Member
      Supporting Member
      34
      Mood:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      2,311
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      11,206
      CH Challenge
      159
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      11,977
      Level
      32
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      18.26%
      Rep Power
      366
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      No child of God can be haughty about the Holy Trinity because no one discovered it or carefully reasoned it out it was revealed by God little by little and line by line here a little and there a little until it was clear enough for a child to see. God is one and God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit one yet three one in glory, power, eternity, and knowledge yet three in persons. It is easy to understand but it is also wholly unlike anything in creation. What gives some trouble is their desire to "see" the Trinity, to grasp the concept and imagine what the concept "looks like". That is why so many have tried to give an analogy only to fail. Water as vapour, liquid, and solid is an analogy of modalism, a three leaf clover is an analogy of tritheism, Jehovah's witnesses teach arianism in their desire to "see God", and oneness Pentecostals teach modalism in their desire to "see God". None shall see him as he is until he reveals himself in the resurrection to the saved on the last day. The blessed saints in haven now see God yet their vision is not the blessed vision of resurrection eyes. As saint Paul said "Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known."



      No one on Earth condemns but every one of the faithful judges the words and deeds of others to test them and see if they are of God. That is discernment. To test what is present and keep only what is good and holy and pure while rejecting everything that is corrupted.
      Thanks MC. I did say that I accept the same God I know even in Trinity. im just letting you know that I am desiring acceptance towards it. Again thank you for the wise words of encouragement. I always thought that Trinitarians could "see" it... I did get haughty because I could only see one side of the Trinity and that was the Unity part of it, so now I can see what you mean that its still a mystery, I dont agree with all Pentecostal theology btw. Not everyone must speak in "tongues" but I do know that everyone will "hear and listen" and receive revelation. Perfectionism is my personal term in describing Holy living by their terms, but the rest I do like in that Church. I can respect their one sided view of God and respect others views. I think I can handle this revelation, i'll pray and try to look at the bible with an understanding so I may see it.
      God bless

    9. #247
      MoreCoffee's Avatar
      MoreCoffee is offline Gold Member
      Fading awa...
       
      Mood:
      Secret
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      16,541
      Country
      Vatican
      CH Cash
      22,205
      CH Challenge
      695
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      44,228
      Level
      54
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      53.96%
      Rep Power
      686
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      Thanks MC. I did say that I accept the same God I know even in Trinity. im just letting you know that I am desiring acceptance towards it. Again thank you for the wise words of encouragement. I always thought that Trinitarians could "see" it... I did get haughty because I could only see one side of the Trinity and that was the Unity part of it, so now I can see what you mean that its still a mystery, I dont agree with all Pentecostal theology btw. Not everyone must speak in "tongues" but I do know that everyone will "hear and listen" and receive revelation. Perfectionism is my personal term in describing Holy living by their terms, but the rest I do like in that Church. I can respect their one sided view of God and respect others views. I think I can handle this revelation, i'll pray and try to look at the bible with an understanding so I may see it.
      God bless
      You asked about books (on the Trinity) that may be recommended. I can think of one that is worth reading because it is ancient and thought provoking. Take a look at


      You can get it from Amazon.com
      Saint Jude, author of the new testament letter.

      He is the patron of impossible causes because the scriptural Letter of St. Jude, which he authored, urges Christians to persevere in difficult times.

      Hidden Content

    10. Likes Andrew liked this post
    11. #248
      Andrew's Avatar
      Andrew is offline Veteran Member
      Supporting Member
      34
      Mood:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      2,311
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      11,206
      CH Challenge
      159
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      11,977
      Level
      32
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      18.26%
      Rep Power
      366
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      You asked about books (on the Trinity) that may be recommended. I can think of one that is worth reading because it is ancient and thought provoking. Take a look at


      You can get it from Amazon.com
      Awesome thank you, what do you mean by ancient?

    12. #249
      MoreCoffee's Avatar
      MoreCoffee is offline Gold Member
      Fading awa...
       
      Mood:
      Secret
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      16,541
      Country
      Vatican
      CH Cash
      22,205
      CH Challenge
      695
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      44,228
      Level
      54
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      53.96%
      Rep Power
      686
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      Awesome thank you, what do you mean by ancient?
      It was written before 410 AD.
      Saint Jude, author of the new testament letter.

      He is the patron of impossible causes because the scriptural Letter of St. Jude, which he authored, urges Christians to persevere in difficult times.

      Hidden Content

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •