Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
When I was in the hospital I received such wonderful care from the staff and especially the loving nurses. I had never been in the hospital for such a long time and so now I was able to build relationships with these incredible ladies (I only encountered one male technician so all my nurses were female). It humbled me to see how they loved their patients.

Then it made me think of how their love is a somewhat different love than people in other vocations have. But it's still love. We show love to our neighbors in different ways and sometimes our vocations depend on how we show our love. I don't think I could ever have the vocation of nurse and even though they have great love I still love my neighbor in my own way whether it's out on the street or here on CH :)

Just some ponderings.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
There is also tough love, which sometimes means allowing a person to experience the consequences of their behavior without rescuing them. I found that a lot of parents are well meaning and will rescue their kids from experiencing consequences and do them a disservice by doing so.
One example is stealing, tough love means making them go back to the store, admit what they did was wrong and offer to pay for what they took or put it back. Then giving them consequences when they get home like taking their playstation away or their cell phone.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When I was in the hospital I received such wonderful care from the staff and especially the loving nurses. I had never been in the hospital for such a long time and so now I was able to build relationships with these incredible ladies (I only encountered one male technician so all my nurses were female). It humbled me to see how they loved their patients.

Then it made me think of how their love is a somewhat different love than people in other vocations have. But it's still love. We show love to our neighbors in different ways and sometimes our vocations depend on how we show our love. I don't think I could ever have the vocation of nurse and even though they have great love I still love my neighbor in my own way whether it's out on the street or here on CH :)

Just some ponderings.

.... and GOOD ONES.

We DO have our vocations, our Callings, our various (and many) positions in which we can love and serve God by loving and serving those in His heart.....

Nurses are an obvious example.... And we think of the Mother Theresas..... My wife teaches third grade and truly loves those little ones, her "munchkins" as she calls them. I think of my grandpa (because I still miss him a lot) and how, in that role, he blessed me so much. But there are vocations maybe less OBVIOUS. If the trash man doesn't show up, we miss him! If the janitoral company doesn't clean the restaurant, we don't want to eat there! Housekeeping at a hotel..... cooks and busboys at a restaurant.... sometimes we don't even see them but they bless us.

Lamm, I rejoice that you saw and felt that loving care while in the hospital!!! I'm sure that meant and helped a LOT!!! In all our vocations, may we not loose our sense of real ministry to real people....for God.

- Josiah

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yep you can tell when your nurse has that natural calling. It makes all the difference.

Top Bottom