Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Actually, the Lutheran Church of New Zealand is part of the Lutheran Church of Australia, which seems to be part of the International Lutheran Council, which is the same organization that encompasses the Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod, so yes, they would be considered Confessional.

http://www.lca.org.au/about-us/our-history/

https://ilc-online.org/

https://ilc-online.org/members/asia/australia/

Acccording what I read, following the series of websites, the New Zealand church says that it has a close association with the Lutheran Church of Australia, not that it is part of that church. That may be a minor point, but when you check the LCA website and the website of the Lutheran World Federation, you find that the LCA is part of that organization. Neither of the main confessional Lutheran bodies in the USA belong to it, but its own website lists the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) as its only member here.

As everyone knows, the ELCA is the most liberal of Lutheran bodies in the USA and, in addition, that it has altar and pulpit fellowship--and a very close working relationship--with the Episcopal Church in the USA (which fact speaks volumes).

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It's so cute watching liberal Vs conservative punch ups :p

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
punch ups? What are you referring to?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Donald Vs Hillary folk

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The question I have is how did the USA get to this point with Kim Jong Un? All this didn't start last January..... What/who lead to this dictator having these weapons and missiles? What/who lead him and his father to know they could say and do anything - and get away with it? IMO, people seem to think that North Korea didn't exist before last January when Trump was installed, but there's a history here.... one that didn't involve Trump.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Its called diplomacy and placating a country that cant be placated. Militarily we should have put them back in the stone age a long time ago or better yet Truman should have allowed MacArthur to invade and we would not be faced with this now. Maybe a few bombs dropped on his palace with him in it might bring him to his senses

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Its called diplomacy and placating a country that cant be placated. Militarily we should have put them back in the stone age a long time ago or better yet Truman should have allowed MacArthur to invade and we would not be faced with this now. Maybe a few bombs dropped on his palace with him in it might bring him to his senses

I wonder if he comes to his senses then.
That's what Snerfs dad said too. He was there then and they wanted to liberate North Korea too, but they weren't allowed to. South Korea has 50 percent christians now.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The question I have is how did the USA get to this point with Kim Jong Un? All this didn't start last January..... What/who lead to this dictator having these weapons and missiles? What/who lead him and his father to know they could say and do anything - and get away with it? IMO, people seem to think that North Korea didn't exist before last January when Trump was installed, but there's a history here.... one that didn't involve Trump.

Kim's scientists did the research China and others provided the funds ...

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
Acccording what I read, following the series of websites, the New Zealand church says that it has a close association with the Lutheran Church of Australia, not that it is part of that church. That may be a minor point, but when you check the LCA website and the website of the Lutheran World Federation, you find that the LCA is part of that organization. Neither of the main confessional Lutheran bodies in the USA belong to it, but its own website lists the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) as its only member here.

As everyone knows, the ELCA is the most liberal of Lutheran bodies in the USA and, in addition, that it has altar and pulpit fellowship--and a very close working relationship--with the Episcopal Church in the USA (which fact speaks volumes).

That's not what I read at all. I don't see any references to the ELCA or the LWF, but I do read about their association with the International Lutheran Council and I'll provide a couple of quotes from the sources I provided, first of all, from the International Lutheran Council's site itself:

Lutheran Church of Australia* (LCA)
History:
Australian Lutheran roots go back to 1838, when our forebearers arrived, fleeing the Prussian union. Our background, therefore, is similar to that of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod. Post World War II migration also brought a number of Lutherans from other European countries. In more recent years, many Asians have come to Australia.
A split in the church occurred in 1846. In subsequent years, pastors came from various sources, including different German missionary societies and a number of the Lutheran synods in the United States of America. A merger took place in 1966, in which the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Australia joined with the United Evangelical Lutheran Church of Australia to form the Lutheran Church of Australia.
Since that time we have related to world Lutheranism on a “case by case basis,” apart from having altar and pulpit fellowship with the two churches in Papua New Guinea. In 1993, the Lutheran Church of Australia became an associate member of the Lutheran World Federation.
The Lutheran Church of New Zealand whilst being a District of the Lutheran Church of Australia is also a church in its own right.
https://ilc-online.org/members/asia/australia/

Second of all, from the New Zealand Church's site: Links
http://www.lca.org.au - Lutheran Church of Australia (LCA). The Lutheran Church of New Zealand (LCNZ) is part of the LCA. We are a district of the LCA yet because we are in a different country we are also a national church with a kiwi identity. Most of our pastors were trained at the Australian Lutheran College in Adelaide.

This is why I'm reasonably sure that the Lutheran Church in New Zealand is fairly Confessional.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
The Theological "conservative Vs liberal" punch up is funny to watch too.

:smirk:

Funny to watch, not so funny to have to deal with. It really gets tiresome. It seems almost like a requirement that you either love Trump or hate him and then politics and religion are shamelessly intertwined here nowadays, when in earlier ages, one didn't take one's religious permissions and prohibitions to the voting booth.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Funny to watch, not so funny to have to deal with. It really gets tiresome. It seems almost like a requirement that you either love Trump or hate him and then politics and religion are shamelessly intertwined here nowadays, when in earlier ages, one didn't take one's religious permissions and prohibitions to the voting booth.

I answered "yes" in our survey about same sex marriages. My archbishop advised a "no" answer but he also made the point that as Catholics we propose not impose so I reasoned since the survey is about getting our politicians to legislate and legislation means impose I would say :yes" because it means not imposing.

Confessional Lutheran

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
I answered "yes" in our survey about same sex marriages. My archbishop advised a "no" answer but he also made the point that as Catholics we propose not impose so I reasoned since the survey is about getting our politicians to legislate and legislation means impose I would say :yes" because it means not imposing.

Yes, absolutely!

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
That filthy devil. Snerf says 100 years ago it was the christian pearl of Asia.
We have to do spiritual warfare.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
That filthy devil. Snerf says 100 years ago it was the christian pearl of Asia.
We have to do spiritual warfare.

Just can't trust smurfs :p

Top Bottom