Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      78.43%
      I DO understand it, which is why I included an explanation of that point along with the rest of my comments. I assume that you don't care about that and so fall into the category of the folks I referred to at the end of my post.

2. Likes ImaginaryDay2 liked this post
      Imalive is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      Netherlands
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      50.31%
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
      ...and the tongues speakers who aren't giving off with demonic language are speaking meaningless sounds. They cannot explain how that represents anything but an emotional release.

Anyway, there have been many studies done on the phenomenon and there is no doubt that most of it is phony.

To be fair, that wouldnt prove that every last one is phony. But that's where the movement falters, since very few Pentecostals are willing to admit that any gibberish, at any time, and from anyone, could possibly be phony.
      I don't know if most is phony. Not what I have encountered. I did have a demonic tongue once though and another tongue speaker kicked that out. It's stupid that a lot of charismatics swallow everything and don't speak against stuff, because then the ones who believe it's all evil or phony will do it. I was mad at MacArthur, but no charismatic stood up to warn their own ppl of false fire. What I find so weird is that some really good ones work together w the false ones because 'unity'. I stay away from those conferences now, although some speakers are really good. Or take Sid Roth. Sometimes he has fabulous guests and other times I'm like: don't you have discernment?

meluckycharms is offline Apprentice Member
      Married
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      51.65%
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      It wouldn't make much sense for a demon to speak tongues anyway, possessed people tend to mouth off profanities to the audience, its not good evil advertisement to speak in a tongue that the majority won't recognise. That's how I know my tongue it awesome, because its pure and cannot profane because the audience is strictly God and I speaketh mysteries.
      The only one who claims to interpret my tongues is Menno, who says its not tongues at all but what does he know? English and thats all? lol
      Like I said earlier a million times in this thread ..."I know what 'it' is"

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
      I remember reading somewhere about a similar situation where a certain godly person was accused of commanding demons. How did that go again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

5. Likes DHoffmann liked this post
      DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      Single
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      50.98%
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
      ...and the tongues speakers who aren't giving off with demonic language are speaking meaningless sounds. They cannot explain how that represents anything but an emotional release.

Anyway, there have been many studies done on the phenomenon and there is no doubt that most of it is phony.

To be fair, that wouldnt prove that every last one is phony. But that's where the movement falters, since very few Pentecostals are willing to admit that any gibberish, at any time, and from anyone, could possibly be phony.
      Studies have shown that it relieves stress, it's liberating to to utter out gibber jabber other than conforming for the moment to your mother tongue. It frees the part of your brain that controls language along with the frontal lobe and its even referred to as the "third brain", it's quite natural too, how do you think languages start in the first place? We start off as toddlers gibber jabbering and I bet there is a tiny bit of stress that attaches to picking and choosing words to say, the tongue is the most powerful weapon of mankind.
      I admit it sounds like gibberish to me and to you, I admit that it's adlib by the spirit but definitely not adlib by thoughts. I admit that its an utterance that no man could possibly understand... im not convinced that scripture points out that for every tongue you need an interpreter, seems like interpretations would have to be common in those days to spread the word.
      I haven't come across any interpretations so I still don't know about it personally, I also highly doubt that anyone in my congregation have ever uttered one word of an actual foreign language and it would do no good if they did.
      And by God I just can't help it when the spirit moves at church and my spirit adlibs utterance, it's joyful and its not demonic so who cares? lol

ImaginaryDay2 is offline Veteran Member
      Supporting Member
      Bazinga!

Mood:
      Tired

Country
      Canada
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (5,693 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      58.31%
      If "tongues" are "adlib by the Spirit" doesn't Paul teach not to speak if an interpreter is not present? What we see (and what I saw myself during 10 years in the Pentecostal church) is exactly why Paul went to great pains to instruct the church on how to use the gift. Otherwise there's chaos and disorder
      "Let us ask the Lord for a strong faith to see with his eyes the reality of family life, and for a deep love to approach all families with his merciful heart." - Pope Francis

8. Likes Imalive liked this post
      psalms 91 is offline Silver Member
      Supporting Member
      Mood:
      Happy

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (991,560 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      64.26%
      Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryDay2 View Post
      If "tongues" are "adlib by the Spirit" doesn't Paul teach not to speak if an interpreter is not present? What we see (and what I saw myself during 10 years in the Pentecostal church) is exactly why Paul went to great pains to instruct the church on how to use the gift. Otherwise there's chaos and disorder
      That is part of a pastors job, to maintain order.
      Isaiah 40:31

10. Likes DHoffmann, Imalive liked this post
      Single
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      50.98%
      Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryDay2 View Post
      It also says not to cease anyone from speaking tongues.
      Pentecostal churches have the dogma that everyone must speak in tongues,.. so if your wondering if its by the book then no, all church dominations have some degree of handicap. It's not like I interrupt the sermon with tongues, and I think that is what Paul was correcting, if my pastor only gave his sermon in tongues well how would it benefit the church?
      I usually go off when the musics playing, no one needs to hear my tongues lol it wont do them any good, although when someone is laying their hand on your head and starts speaking tongues it can stir up the Spirit, as in my case, but I don't usually go up to the alter like I used to. It does help wake people up from wickedness but its like a one shot deal, it took me twice before I got the Spirit, you only get the Holy Spirit once is what I am saying. Its impossible to be redeemed and to fall away and to be redeemed again... but sometimes the spirit needs to be stirred up again..

12. Likes meluckycharms liked this post
      Married
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      51.65%
      It also says not to cease anyone from speaking tongues.
      Pentecostal churches have the dogma that everyone must speak in tongues,..
      I don't think that is entirely accurate. One of the tenants of the Pentecostal church is that "speaking of tongues is the initial physical sign of baptism of the Holy Spirit". Meaning, it is possible to be baptised in the spirit and have never spoken in tongues. I admittedly fall into this category. However, speaking in tongues is the initial "physical" evidence that manifests.

Single
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      50.98%
      Quote Originally Posted by meluckycharms View Post
      I don't think that is entirely accurate. One of the tenants of the Pentecostal church is that "speaking of tongues is the initial physical sign of baptism of the Holy Spirit". Meaning, it is possible to be baptised in the spirit and have never spoken in tongues. I admittedly fall into this category. However, speaking in tongues is the initial "physical" evidence that manifests.

Well my church slips up from time to time, they get really into "you must" talks and then something like "you must speak in tongues" which leaves the majority of the congregation baffled. It's one of the things I disagree with at my church.

15. Likes meluckycharms, psalms 91 liked this post
      Married
      Mood:
      ----

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      51.65%
      Well my church slips up from time to time, they get really into "you must" talks and then something like "you must speak in tongues" which leaves the majority of the congregation baffled. It's one of the things I disagree with at my church.
      If you don't mind me asking, are you AOG? Also, after hearing this, it seems understandable for people to "fake it" when it comes to speaking in tongues. They are probably afraid of what their congregations will think of them if they didn't. I wouldn't want people assuming I wasn't saved because my pastor is telling me it's "a must".