• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
    Results 531 to 540 of 585

    Denomination & Faith Movement Discussions - Thread: Gift of Tongues

    1. #531
      Albion's Avatar
      Albion is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      1,746
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      8,816
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      12,626
      Level
      32
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      90.4%
      Rep Power
      389
      But if you have to do anything--light a candle, gather with other pentecostals, have soft music, whatever--it is something earned, or at least we could say that the recipient has shared in the process of making it possible.

      Obviously, I and others would say, if it is a gift then it is freely given, not something you induce. That's kind of like the old dispute over salvation being by faith alone versus the Catholic view which holds that the person has to have faith but also build up a record of acceptable behavior and both are taken into account by God.

    2. Likes Lämmchen, MennoSota liked this post
    3. #532
      psalms 91's Avatar
      psalms 91 is online now Silver Member
      Moderator
      Supporting Member
      69
      Mood:
      Happy
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      Pa
      Posts
      11,705
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      2,048
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (2,022,004 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      45,321
      Level
      55
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      5.63%
      Rep Power
      464
      Dont open a gift or dont believe there is one then you get niothing
      Isaiah 40:31

    4. Likes DHoffmann, Imalive liked this post
    5. #533
      DHoffmann's Avatar
      DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      33
      Single
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      1,461
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      7,176
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      5,440
      Level
      22
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      98.55%
      Rep Power
      153
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
      But if you have to do anything--light a candle, gather with other pentecostals, have soft music, whatever--it is something earned, or at least we could say that the recipient has shared in the process of making it possible.

      Obviously, I and others would say, if it is a gift then it is freely given, not something you induce. That's kind of like the old dispute over salvation being by faith alone versus the Catholic view which holds that the person has to have faith but also build up a record of acceptable behavior and both are taken into account by God.
      Ask and you shall receive!

    6. #534
      Albion's Avatar
      Albion is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      1,746
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      8,816
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      12,626
      Level
      32
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      90.4%
      Rep Power
      389
      If that were meant to apply to the gifts of the Holy Ghost, however, you wouldn't have to set the stage with ordinary trappings like a lit candle--not any more than you would have to be taught how to speak in tongues. Any believer who wanted to heal the sick with a touch or give forth with prophesies or perform miracles would simply ask for the power and get it.

    7. #535
      DHoffmann's Avatar
      DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      33
      Single
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      1,461
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      7,176
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      5,440
      Level
      22
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      98.55%
      Rep Power
      153
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
      If that were meant to apply to the gifts of the Holy Ghost, however, you wouldn't have to set the stage with ordinary trappings like a lit candle--not any more than you would have to be taught how to speak in tongues. Any believer who wanted to heal the sick with a touch or give forth with prophesies or perform miracles would simply ask for the power and get it.
      Its not like you can just go to the restroom and say "God give me the gift of tongues" and bam.
      I light a candle often when I pray, it was only a suggestion

    8. #536
      Albion's Avatar
      Albion is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      1,746
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      8,816
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      12,626
      Level
      32
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      90.4%
      Rep Power
      389
      I know. I wasn't intending to focus on that particular example, but it may have seemed so.

    9. #537
      MoreCoffee's Avatar
      MoreCoffee is online now Silver Member
      Girding loins for the battle.
       
      Mood:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      14,572
      CH Cash
      12,844
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      39,766
      Level
      52
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      34.67%
      Rep Power
      598
      I was walking across Langley Park when I first spoke in tongues - in retrospect it was a bit of happy gibberish. It was a lovely morning at the end of spring. Beautiful.

      Pope Gregory I was well known for his alms to the poor, and he gave quite generously of the riches donated to the Church by the wealthy people of Rome. Everything from money to land was given to the poor in some fashion. He made clear to his subordinates that their duty was to relieve the distress faced by the poor.

      He ordered his clergy to go out into the streets to find and care for the poor in person.

    10. Likes DHoffmann, psalms 91 liked this post
    11. #538
      MennoSota is online now Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      2,790
      CH Cash
      11,660
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      11,426
      Level
      31
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      54.85%
      Rep Power
      293
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      No this video actually goes over some q and a. I also encouraged in earlier post how one could receive if they asked God, perhaps light a candle and just praying and dont stop etc... If it happens to not stop.
      What you are teaching is an occult magic and not a Spirit directed gift. Any discerning person must reject your pagan teaching.

    12. #539
      MennoSota is online now Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      2,790
      CH Cash
      11,660
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      11,426
      Level
      31
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      54.85%
      Rep Power
      293
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      Ask and you shall receive!
      In your case you are asking demons into your abode. That needs to be abandoned as soon as you can.

    13. #540
      MennoSota is online now Expert Member
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      2,790
      CH Cash
      11,660
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      11,426
      Level
      31
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      54.85%
      Rep Power
      293
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      Its not like you can just go to the restroom and say "God give me the gift of tongues" and bam.
      I light a candle often when I pray, it was only a suggestion
      Indeed, a gift is something you cannot demand from the Sovereign King. Your pagan, occult, candlelighting is wickedly wrong.

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •