CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      98.55%
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
      You seem to be angered when people take what you say you believe and give it the appropriate and normal term for such a belief. And there's never a real rebuttal offered, no replies that might show the observation to be in error.

There are usually just some irrelevant statements about Constantine or something else that have obviously been picked up from people in church or elsewhere. Help us out with a real give and take on the substance of some of these ideas.
      I have posted verse after verse after verse, you have yet provided no verse stating the trinity.
      http://www.auburn.edu/~allenkc/trinity.html

MoreCoffee is offline Silver Member
      Girding loins for the battle.

Mood:
      Awesome

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      34.67%
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      I have posted verse after verse after verse, you have yet provided no verse stating the trinity.
      The doctrine you appear to teach is called modalism. By its standards the Father is the Son and the Father is the Holy Spirit and so one. It is not polytheism but it is absurdity. The reasons for believing that God is the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit and that the Father begets the Son and that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son are in the holy scriptures. First the distinction between Father and Son is taught in John 1:1, 18; 17:3; 20:21-22. The Holy Spirit is also differentiated from the Father and the Son in those passages and in others too. These teachings in holy scripture contradict the teaching in the UPCI but I have no doubt that UPCI teachers have ways of explaining away these things. I do not know how committed you are to anti-trinitarianism so I will not assume that you are knowingly accepting heresy but the truth is that the teaching in the UPCI is heresy and it ought to be rejected because it is erroneous.
      Pope Gregory I was well known for his alms to the poor, and he gave quite generously of the riches donated to the Church by the wealthy people of Rome. Everything from money to land was given to the poor in some fashion. He made clear to his subordinates that their duty was to relieve the distress faced by the poor.

He ordered his clergy to go out into the streets to find and care for the poor in person.

3. Likes MennoSota liked this post
      Albion is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      90.4%
      You think that's cute, I assume. No, the word does not appear in Scripture.

You know that and I know that and have said it repeatedly. You just come back with the same comment--the word isn't in Scripture. Well, neither are half the buzzwords you Pentecostals use or, for that matter, what the wider Christian community uses. Millennium. Rapture. Many of our words are not to be found there.

HOWEVER, what matters is whether or not the IDEA that we call by those terms is there. And when it comes to the Trinity, it's certainly there. It is unavoidable, in fact. And a number of different posters have pointed to the evidence (not that you are willing to hear it).

DHoffmann is offline Veteran Member
      Single
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      98.55%
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      The doctrine you appear to teach is called modalism. By its standards the Father is the Son and the Father is the Holy Spirit and so one. It is not polytheism but it is absurdity. The reasons for believing that God is the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit and that the Father begets the Son and that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son are in the holy scriptures. First the distinction between Father and Son is taught in John 1:1, 18; 17:3; 20:21-22. The Holy Spirit is also differentiated from the Father and the Son in those passages and in others too. These teachings in holy scripture contradict the teaching in the UPCI but I have no doubt that UPCI teachers have ways of explaining away these things. I do not know how committed you are to anti-trinitarianism so I will not assume that you are knowingly accepting heresy but the truth is that the teaching in the UPCI is heresy and it ought to be rejected because it is erroneous.
      Coffee my understanding growing up was quite simple, simple enough for a kid. I believed in God, thats it and that is still what I believe. God sent his only begotten Son Jesus Christ hallelujah I believe.
      However as I grew older I started learning these creeds and the trinity stumped me. Jesus is the body of the Godhead he is the word in the flesh and by the will of his Father, it was Gods best way to heal to teach and to minister as man to man instead of magic tricks, I thank God that he sent his son to experience what its like to be man during the time of great persecution and to be able to speak the will of God knowing he having the same flesh we have, would be persecuted by the people he came to save and die and be resurrected by GOD and ascend back into Heaven. We are to follow his example in obedience and grace to become Sons of God.
      I DONT care about anything outside the Bible, I dont care about the creeds or doctrines outside the Bible. I dont need a creed I have testimony. Our church teaches straight out the Bible we dont have to recite a creed.
      As for any Protestant accepting the Trinity Creed they better convert to Catholicism or they will be damned Eternally!

6. Likes Imalive liked this post
      Single
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      98.55%
      Deshela ma leshenay noleche eshama

8. Likes Imalive liked this post
      MoreCoffee is offline Silver Member
      Girding loins for the battle.

Mood:
      Awesome

CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      34.67%
      Deshela ma leshenay noleche eshama
      Exercising my super-power of interpretation .... Tell the leshenay and the brother of the brother
      Pope Gregory I was well known for his alms to the poor, and he gave quite generously of the riches donated to the Church by the wealthy people of Rome. Everything from money to land was given to the poor in some fashion. He made clear to his subordinates that their duty was to relieve the distress faced by the poor.

He ordered his clergy to go out into the streets to find and care for the poor in person.

10. Likes DHoffmann liked this post
      Single
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      98.55%
      Got bored made these

12. Likes Imalive liked this post
      Single
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      98.55%
      Since this thread is meeting its ends I would like to share this video.
      This has helped some to understand and to receive this gift that I proclaim loudly as evidence of the spirit in you.
      There is a praise song in the beginning so start at 3:11.
      I see this as helping understand but I personally didnt need this video for it happened spontaneously before the fact.
      Please keep Jesus on your mind during this to test the spirit, let him guide you and be with you throughout your God given free will to doubt.

Albion is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      90.4%
      Interesting. Most Christians would say that it rather conclusively shows that a lot of contemporary tongues-speaking is bogus.

That judgment would be unfair to you personally, who has said that he experienced the gift spontaneously, but this idea of being able to teach another person how to speak in tongues (which is not uncommon in Pentecostal circles) would mean that it is not a gift at all.

15. Likes MennoSota liked this post
      Single
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      98.55%
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
      Interesting. Most Christians would say that it rather conclusively shows that a lot of contemporary tongues-speaking is bogus.

That judgment would be unfair to you personally, who has said that he experienced the gift spontaneously, but this idea of being able to teach another person how to speak in tongues (which is not uncommon in Pentecostal circles) would mean that it is not a gift at all.
      No this video actually goes over some q and a. I also encouraged in earlier post how one could receive if they asked God, perhaps light a candle and just praying and dont stop etc... If it happens to not stop.