Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      49.07%
      Since I believe in Jesus do I not believe in his Father who sent him? I dont believe for a minute that Jesus came here to end the monotheistic faith of the God of Abraham.

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw*it, and was glad.*57Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?*58Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.*59Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Did Jesus ever say if you accept me you must accept the Trinity? No he said by accepting me you DO accept my father who sent me.

Is the Spirit of God a different Spirit than the Holy Spirit? Is God not a living God? Are not Jesus and the Father one?
      The word trinity is not found in the Bible.

The English word "Trinity" comes from*Latin"Trinitas", meaning "the number*three".*This abstract noun is formed from the adjective*trinus*(three each, threefold, triple),*as the word*unitas*is the abstract noun formed from*unus*(one).

The corresponding word in*Greek*is "Τριάς" (Trias), meaning "a set of three" or "the number three."

The first recorded use of this Greek word in Christian theology was by*Theophilus of Antioch*in about 170. He did not speak about the Trinity of god.

In the creed it says that the trinity is unity and the unity is trinity. Yet when I say that I get slammed!
      Without this creed no one here would be discussing trinity so heavily or even at all, it was not a subject for the apostles, they knew that accepting Christ WAS accepting the father.
      I have no problem praying the Catholic "In the name (singular) of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" why would I? I believe in all three already as the same in essence but not of three SEPARATE eternities, its the same Spirit of God.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Albion is offline Veteran Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      68.34%
      Quote Originally Posted by DHoffmann View Post
      Since I believe in Jesus do I not believe in his Father who sent him?
      According to what you wrote a few posts ago, you believe that Jesus Christ (the Son) IS the Father. Most of what I presented to you from Scripture refutes that view.

Did Jesus ever say if you accept me you must accept the Trinity?
      As you know, the word (Trinity) does not appear in Scripture. It is shorthand for what does appear there, and that is clear in saying that the two are not identical or that one is really the other one but wearing a different guise, etc.

DHoffmann is online now Veteran Member
      Mood:
      Amused

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      49.07%
      http://www.auburn.edu/~allenkc/trinity.html

Mood:
      Amused

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      49.07%
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
      According to what you wrote a few posts ago, you believe that Jesus Christ (the Son) IS the Father. Most of what I presented to you from Scripture refutes that view.

As you know, the word (Trinity) does not appear in Scripture. It is shorthand for what does appear there, and that is clear in saying that the two are not identical or that one is really the other one but wearing a different guise, etc.
      Yes Jesus is the Son of God he is not the Son of himself but of God, the God we call God, the God we worship. Jesus was teaching us all how to become sons of God.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
      John 1:12

Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (126,170 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      30.63%
      Yes Jesus is the Son of God he is not the Son of himself but of God, the God we call God, the God we worship. Jesus was teaching us all how to become sons of God.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
      John 1:12

Do you believe Jesus is God?
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

Mood:
      Amused

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      49.07%
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      Do you believe Jesus is God?
      Yes.

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
      Colossians 2:8-9

7. Likes Imalive liked this post
      Lämmchen is offline God's Lil Lamb
      Administrator
      Supporting Member
      Community Team
      Married
      Gloria In Excelsis Deo

Mood:
      Cool

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (126,170 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      30.63%
      Yes.

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
      Colossians 2:8-9

Do you believe the Holy Spirit is God?
      "Christianity does not require more work but more trust." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "Bearing fruit does not make you a branch. A branch is a branch because it grows from the vine." Pr. Jonathan Fisk
      "A Christian's life is not defined by what the Christian does. It is defined by Christ and what He has done for us." Pr. Rolf David Preus

Mood:
      Amused

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      49.07%
      Quote Originally Posted by Lämmchen View Post
      Do you believe the Holy Spirit is God?
      Jesus spoke for God and by his will, in that since yes he is the manifestation of God in the flesh, he is the way, light to the world, the word in the flesh, that was with God and was God since the beginning.
      These are the "us" that made man in the image of God, when God breathed into Adam that breath was the Holy Spirit or Ruach.
      These are attributes of God, his movement and his example through his image

He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation; for in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible .... all things were created through him and for him."*(Colossians 1:15-16)

During the days when Christ's apostles lived, the Gospel was taught with accuracy, but after their death, it did not take very long for the truth to become eroded with falsehoods.

This erosion of Biblical truth grew like a cancer -- slow, but sure. Little by little, inacuracy crept in as the Gospel message of Jesus Christ became more and more popular.

In an effort to increase the church membership, many Pagans were brought in and with the Pagans came Pagan ideas. Rituals began to replace serious Bible study and differences in opinion soon became the basis for growth of various creeds and sects. Ober the span of many years, man-made rites became time honored tradition.

Christian leaders then became powerful forces in the church as well as in politics; religious beliefs, many times, were dictated by the state. These facts, however, are not surpirsing considering the Biblical warning:

"First of all you must understand this, that no prophecy ever came by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God."

"But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them.... And many will follow their licentiousness, and because of them the way of truth will be reviled. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words...."*(2 Peter 1:20-21; 2:1-3)

Imalive is offline Veteran Member
      Mood:
      ----

Country
      Netherlands
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      52.45%
      Since I believe in Jesus do I not believe in his Father who sent him? I dont believe for a minute that Jesus came here to end the monotheistic faith of the God of Abraham.

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw*it, and was glad.*57Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?*58Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.*59Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Did Jesus ever say if you accept me you must accept the Trinity? No he said by accepting me you DO accept my father who sent me.

Is the Spirit of God a different Spirit than the Holy Spirit? Is God not a living God? Are not Jesus and the Father one?
      The word trinity is not found in the Bible.

The English word "Trinity" comes from*Latin"Trinitas", meaning "the number*three".*This abstract noun is formed from the adjective*trinus*(three each, threefold, triple),*as the word*unitas*is the abstract noun formed from*unus*(one).

The corresponding word in*Greek*is "Τριάς" (Trias), meaning "a set of three" or "the number three."

The first recorded use of this Greek word in Christian theology was by*Theophilus of Antioch*in about 170. He did not speak about the Trinity of god.

In the creed it says that the trinity is unity and the unity is trinity. Yet when I say that I get slammed!
      Without this creed no one here would be discussing trinity so heavily or even at all, it was not a subject for the apostles, they knew that accepting Christ WAS accepting the father.
      I have no problem praying the Catholic "In the name (singular) of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" why would I? I believe in all three already as the same in essence but not of three SEPARATE eternities, its the same Spirit of God.

They are not seperate. Jesus is in the Father. The Father is in Him. When He sends the Holy Spirit They all come live in you, not just the Holy Spirit. That's where some trinitarians go wrong. They say Jesus and the Father are in heaven and the Spirit is on earth. Jesus told the disciples He would come live in them and the Father too when He would send the other Comforter.
      One guy on christian forums got a dream of 2 white people, the Father and the Son. Come on that is impossible. You can't see the Father. All Stephen saw was His glory and Jesus at His right hand. If you want to see the Father you see Jesus. He made it easy to grasp. Look at Jesus and you see the Trinity, Father, Son and Spirit, 3 Persons in one Body and looking and acting very much like one Person.

11. Likes DHoffmann liked this post
      Mood:
      Amused

Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      CH Challenge
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      49.07%
      Im not trying to pounce on anyones denomination more than each of you already do to each other and of mine.
      I really do however think its time we regroup as one instead of many.
      If the Catholic church threw out all of its statues and rituals you would just have a building, much like our church where we have "Jesus" above the bath. Our bodies are the temple and if rejoicing in the good news of God and reading his word is cultish because we dont agree with all protestants or Catholicism than so be it, im willing to be beheaded for my Lord.

Last edited by DHoffmann; 10-08-2017 at 03:14 PM.

13. Likes Imalive liked this post