Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I've heard that to get dust off silk plants that you put them in a paper bag with either sugar or salt granules and shake and the dust will fall off. Has anyone tried that?

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
One of the things I have been reluctant to give up is commercial shaving gel/cream. I know that in most of them there are a host of chemical ingredients that cause cancer, damage/age skin etc. Well, I recently watched a short documentary and it served as a good reminder - I thew out my shaving gel after spotting several of them in it.

Ok so what to use? I've tried just soap before...tried it again and remembered why I had returned to the shaving gel. Bar soap was still harsh to shave with, and it left my skin super dry feeling.

On a whim I looked it up, and it seems I'm not the only one to try shaving with:

Honey

Just a tiny bit of hot water to thin it with and away I went spreading it on. A little bit goes a long way. The shave was very smooth and the residue washed off easily with a bit of water.

It turns out there are numerous benefits for using honey on your skin. To think I've been robbing myself of them all these years.

:)

There's this, and there's also something that is just as good (maybe even better) and even cheaper than honey.

Flax(seed) gel. For literally pennies I created enough gel to last me at least 2 months of shaving - probably more. What isn't in the coldest part of my fridge is in containers in the freezer. It's super easy to make, super cheap, and if flax ever goes up in price, well, you can grow it. It is also without all the nasty chemicals found in commercial shaving products.

Mentioned this in another thread just thought I'd put it here.

As a side note (don't quote me as I haven't tried it), I'm guessing flax gel...a less gel-ish version that contains more water, might even be a suitable substance for bio-diesel (instead of other seed oils), correctly processed. As I said, just a thought, I haven't actually tried it nor made biodiesel at this point, although I'm familiar with the basic process.

Last edited:
Top Bottom