Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Do you find yourself being dragged down by all the news of the Hurricane?

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I try to limit my exposure to all news.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I try to limit my exposure to all news.

It's hard to do so when all your friends on FB are publishing news everywhere :(

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's hard to do so when all your friends on FB are publishing news everywhere :(

The feature I use most on Faceache seems to be "ignore all from..."

I also tend to limit my exposure to news, partly because so much of the news is negative and partly because so much of it seems to be more opinion than fact. I can decide for myself what I think about the merits or otherwise of a political process, all I need is the facts of what is happening.

For me, if anything, if I do end up seeing a lot of news I end up with what used to be called "compassion fatigue". I really don't like to think of people suffering, especially when they did nothing to deserve it, but aside from a combination of prayers and maybe a financial donation it's not as if I can do anything about it.

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Right, I use FB to stay in touch with family and friends but some people are insistent on posting articles about some freak hurting defenseless children and animals. I do try and keep my circle of friends small.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Do you find yourself being dragged down by all the news of the Hurricane?

It is a little different for me in that i grew up north of Houston and know a lot of people in the area. My parents are near Houston and decided to stay where they are so my anxiety has been higher than usual the last few days. The rain appears to be stopped for now and they are fine by the way. I do have other people I know who have water in their homes

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Right, I use FB to stay in touch with family and friends but some people are insistent on posting articles about some freak hurting defenseless children and animals. I do try and keep my circle of friends small.

I've unfollowed a few people I consider friends because most of what they post is little more than endless political rants. Even when I agree with someone's political stance I don't want endless rants.

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've unfollowed a few people I consider friends because most of what they post is little more than endless political rants. Even when I agree with someone's political stance I don't want endless rants.

Yep and then they have their friends and it multiples the problem.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yep and then they have their friends and it multiples the problem.

Yep... a friend from my schooldays appears determined to plug the line that one cannot be socially liberal while also following one of the Abrahamic religions. He's a seriously intelligent guy but appears utterly unable (or unwilling) to grasp the notion that one can consider something to be sinful while not seeking to use the force of law to prohibit others from doing it.

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No
Honestly lately Facebook drives me nuts with all the stuff I get on my news feed that Facebook seems to think I will like even though I hide loads of stuff and people that keep posting politics or whatever rubbish they think I need to see on it. I have almost come to my fb end and its getting nearly by the day.. Its nothing more than pain and sadness now. You do get the odd nice things and that's the only reason I stay and log in.. I feel very sorry for anyone that has to live with terrible weather and loss everything you cant really imagine what that must be like unless its happened to you..

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Honestly lately Facebook drives me nuts with all the stuff I get on my news feed that Facebook seems to think I will like even though I hide loads of stuff and people that keep posting politics or whatever rubbish they think I need to see on it. I have almost come to my fb end and its getting nearly by the day.. Its nothing more than pain and sadness now. You do get the odd nice things and that's the only reason I stay and log in.. I feel very sorry for anyone that has to live with terrible weather and loss everything you cant really imagine what that must be like unless its happened to you..

For the most part I'm quite happy with what Faceache suggests to me. It is apparent that they haven't yet figured out my marital status, my political affiliation or my hobbies.

The fact my cellphone is on its last legs and keeps opening links when I tried to scroll past them is undoubtedly feeding them all sorts of polluted data regarding what might interest me.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes I find myself crying about the news especially these mass shootings. What is wrong with this country that we produce so many killers?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sometimes I find myself crying about the news especially these mass shootings. What is wrong with this country that we produce so many killers?

One thing that doesn't get much attention is that there is not a comprehensive mental health approach in the U.S. There are big gaps in services. Especially if a person has something like autism and a mental health problem. The services the person needs simply don't exist. This shooter from Texas I heard was dishonorably discharged from the military. He should have been on a list and should have been getting treatment, but apparently he was not.

Top Bottom