Would you say anything if you saw someone being sexually assaulted?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Taylor Swift is suing a man who in 2013 groped her bare bottom at a meet and greet. A photographer in one of the news stories stated she saw the incident happen. So did a security guard.

Why didn't these people say something?

If you were witnessing someone being groped or even something more than that, would you speak up?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If I saw someone being grabbed like they were flirting and the other person didn't seem to mind it I probably wouldn't say anything. I would assume that they were flirting with each other. If it was more serious than that I would call 911 and tell them what I saw and let them handle it.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
If I had to testify about it then yes I would say something.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I hope I would..... I'd be very ashamed of myself if I didn't. That not only would be sinful but empowering of wrong.

I faced a situation just last week, when we were on vacation. This mother (maybe in her 20's) had her two kids in tow (maybe 5 and 8). She was crossing the street (against the light) and a car was turning. Anyway, the car stopped but she went on this tirade, yelling at the driving, including lots of "colorful" language and a well-known hand jesture. Anyway, not only was she in the wrong, not only was she endangering her kids, but her response and language were clearly inappropriate in front of her small kids. There were like 20 of us who saw this..... and while we shook our heads to each other over this, none of us did or said anything, no one intervened. I guess I assumed it would do no good and well I didn't want to get her mouth in my grill and her hand thing in my face (also to be witnessed by her kids, and the kids there on the curb) - I chose to let it pass. But I'm probably justifying sin to myself.....

- Josiah

Last edited:

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
For a kid yes. Women can do it themselves.

Last edited:

TurtleHare

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
If I saw a celebrity being assaulted I'd expect their well paid security guard to step in and handle things because I'm not getting paid to protect them as they walk around in puny outfits and juggle what they got in front of everyone. Let some other guy be their hero cuz it ain't going to be me.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Taylor Swift is suing a man who in 2013 groped her bare bottom at a meet and greet. A photographer in one of the news stories stated she saw the incident happen. So did a security guard.

Why didn't these people say something?

If you were witnessing someone being groped or even something more than that, would you speak up?

Not if the person being groped didn't seem to mind, no, of course not.

So 2 people saw this happen - and one of them is a security guard tasked with - well, security - which means at the least he should have said or done something if Miss Swift was truly the fair damsel in distress.

The supposed incident happened in 2013. Did the accused suddenly come into money in the last 4 years or did the fair and saintly dainty damsel just learn of it or something? Or perhaps they were in a relationship that went bad and she wants to smear his name now.

Last edited:

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Interesting. I don't follow celebrity crap but decided to look into this. Seems Mueller (the accused) started this by suing in 2015, 2 years after the alleged incident - stating that he lost his job over the accusation. I wonder why he'd wait 2 years?

Everything about this smells fishy and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a stunt for publicity - possibly by one or both parties.

Here is the photo snap where this is supposed to have occurred:

1110-taylor-swift-ass-grab-tmz-3.jpg

It doesn't prove anything - but does make it somewhat doubtful that both a security guard and photographer witnessed the alleged event - unless they were standing to the side with their heads pressed up against the back-wall.

Everyone is smiling in the photo.
Mueller's hand behind Swift's behind is as much evidence that he grabbed her bare butt as is her hand behind his that she did the same to him.

I find it odd that the other woman(in yellow) isn't a witness to this. Can you imagine someone reaching into your panties, grabbing your bare butt, but you stand frozen with a smile and do not give any kind of reaction that would alert the other person right next to you that something amiss just happened? But at the same time - a photographer and security guard somehow catch it all?

Smells.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Interesting. I don't follow celebrity crap but decided to look into this. Seems Mueller (the accused) started this by suing in 2015, 2 years after the alleged incident - stating that he lost his job over the accusation. I wonder why he'd wait 2 years?

Everything about this smells fishy and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a stunt for publicity - possibly by one or both parties.

Here is the photo snap where this is supposed to have occurred:

1110-taylor-swift-ass-grab-tmz-3.jpg

It doesn't prove anything - but does make it somewhat doubtful that both a security guard and photographer witnessed the alleged event - unless they were standing to the side with their heads pressed up against the back-wall.

Everyone is smiling in the photo.
Mueller's hand behind Swift's behind is as much evidence that he grabbed her bare butt as is her hand behind his that she did the same to him.

I find it odd that the other woman(in yellow) isn't a witness to this. Can you imagine someone reaching into your panties, grabbing your bare butt, but you stand frozen with a smile and do not give any kind of reaction that would alert the other person right next to you that something amiss just happened? But at the same time - a photographer and security guard somehow catch it all?

Smells.

If someone smiles like that you should immediately be her rescuer and beat the guy up LOL.
Come on, she could have pushed him away herself if it was true.

Top Bottom