Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Do your dreams at night have an effect on your mood for the day?

I had such a wonderful dream a few hours ago...I had my own art studio in a city (I don't even know which one) and my husband and I decided to move into one of the rooms and make it a bedroom and we were going to invite our daughter to move into the other room after we cleared it out. It had boxes from a previous owner. I was so excited because the location was near a lake (not Chicago) and in an area where cars don't travel since it was near some stands where foodies and craftsman set up their stands so there was no noise from them.

Anyway, I woke up so happy. It's put me in a good mood for the day. Does that happen to you?

BTW, I have no desire to ever live in a city! LOL

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
When I remember them, not usually, unless they are particularly emotional in some way. For example, I can still remember details of certain nightmares I had as a child, they were so scary to me at the time. More recently (within the past few years) I had an extremely pleasant dream about a particular female I was once involved with. When I was married I had a dream where I was suffocating...literally couldn't breath. That was not symbolic - somehow I had positioned myself while sleeping in a way where I had cut off oxygen intake and my dream at the time started to reflect that - woke up gasping for breath.

Normally, remembered dreams do not have an effect on my day. They have to be intense in a good or bad way.

faramir.pete

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Married

I had such a wonderful dream a few hours ago...I had my own art studio in a city (I don't even know which one) and my husband and I decided to move into one of the rooms and make it a bedroom and we were going to invite our daughter to move into the other room after we cleared it out. It had boxes from a previous owner. I was so excited because the location was near a lake (not Chicago) and in an area where cars don't travel since it was near some stands where foodies and craftsman set up their stands so there was no noise from them.

Anyway, I woke up so happy. It's put me in a good mood for the day. Does that happen to you?

I do think that nocturnal dreams can and do affect the mood even for otherwise unemotional folk.

I believe that our dreams are very important too, as I have found that God often uses this medium to 'speak' to us, sowing seeds of things we had not thought of or confirming the thoughts we may have had from other sources.

I often awaken with a partially remebered dream wondering what it may mean and I can say that it can be unsettling if you feel like the message is important but you have forgotten an important piece. Thankfully we follow a God who will not leave us in ignorance and if He sent the first dream you can be sure He will repeat the message in some way ensure we have heard Him.

Pete from Peterborough UK

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I agree that God will sometimes work in our dreams. I have had it happen all my life (not nightly! LOL). My brain tends to ask questions when I sleep about doctrine and the answer is given by God's Word in a dream.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
By coincidence to this thread, I remembered my dream last night. Here it is, and I promise it has not been embellished in any way...

Back seat of car, laying down. It's not big enough and I have to rest my head upon a hard plastic bit. For some reason though, I'm blaming Donald Trump, lol.

My mother and Trump get into the car. I sit up to make room and mention my complaint then say to Trump "I was just joking", which he accepts. While we are driving we discuss Lammchen's singing which I had been listening to prior to the arrival of my mother and Mr. Trump. Both my mom and I agreed she has a beautiful voice - but on the last song - the high note was screeched/screamed out, and it was shrill sounding. Donald asked "why" so I had to explain why the screamed note was shrill.

We go to a mall where, for some reason, my brother is at. Donald fades from the scene. My brother and I don't talk but for some reason we have this strange bonding thing by way of rubbing up exaggerated beer guts to one another. We discuss oil spills and sand that seems to litter the parking lot - like someone was cyphoning oil from a bunch of cars, but being really messy with it.

Me, my mom and my brother (now driving) go to my brother's house. He says something about Neil Armstrong. I say I'm pretty sure that guy is dead. My brother doesn't say anything but I'm pretty sure he'll assume it's some conspiracy theory until he reads it in Wikipedia. I am super thirsty and need to know where I can fill my water bottle.

- I wake up and get a drink from my actual water bottle.

So what does it all mean???

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
By coincidence to this thread, I remembered my dream last night. Here it is, and I promise it has not been embellished in any way...

Back seat of car, laying down. It's not big enough and I have to rest my head upon a hard plastic bit. For some reason though, I'm blaming Donald Trump, lol.

My mother and Trump get into the car. I sit up to make room and mention my complaint then say to Trump "I was just joking", which he accepts. While we are driving we discuss Lammchen's singing which I had been listening to prior to the arrival of my mother and Mr. Trump. Both my mom and I agreed she has a beautiful voice - but on the last song - the high note was screeched/screamed out, and it was shrill sounding. Donald asked "why" so I had to explain why the screamed note was shrill.

We go to a mall where, for some reason, my brother is at. Donald fades from the scene. My brother and I don't talk but for some reason we have this strange bonding thing by way of rubbing up exaggerated beer guts to one another. We discuss oil spills and sand that seems to litter the parking lot - like someone was cyphoning oil from a bunch of cars, but being really messy with it.

Me, my mom and my brother (now driving) go to my brother's house. He says something about Neil Armstrong. I say I'm pretty sure that guy is dead. My brother doesn't say anything but I'm pretty sure he'll assume it's some conspiracy theory until he reads it in Wikipedia. I am super thirsty and need to know where I can fill my water bottle.

I don't know ... my only thought is I want rights to the movie :kumbaya:

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I agree that God will sometimes work in our dreams. I have had it happen all my life (not nightly! LOL). My brain tends to ask questions when I sleep about doctrine and the answer is given by God's Word in a dream.

That's very interesting. Do you have any examples that you can remember?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That's very interesting. Do you have any examples that you can remember?

Baptism comes to mind. Probably 15 years ago I was discussing it with a friend who doesn't believe the way I do. I prayed about it before sleeping and my dream was about people splashing about in a pool. But the voice I heard was speaking scripture to me...about baptism...all the verses that apply and it made sense how it all intermingles together.

Btw, the people in the pool? Not all would be saved because they were baptized and that's because people can and do fall from faith. That doesn't mean the baptism wasn't effective in the first place.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
My dreams effect me at times especially if I have nightmares. I become afraid to go to sleep then. Lately I don't recall my dreams and that's good for me!

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
It happens quite a bit for me. Typically my dreams are rather vivid, and involve people who are close to me (family and such). Depending on 'content', I'm usually grateful to have woken up, but I find most of the day I'm distracted. Those are the days where it's better if I'm busy at work - the more active I am, the more I can sort of "work it off", then breathe for a bit later.

I also have recurring dreams about attending the church where I spent my teenage years. Almost always comforting, and always feels like home (although I didn't feel that way then). I had started attending again before I moved to BC. If I could take that church and just transplant it somewhere near me, I would be over the moon.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I don't remember most nonsense dreams. If God gives me a dream I wake up, so I remember it. Last one I had was that my sister was saved and lately He tells me a lot to pray for her. Dreams from God build your faith and you have to pray them out.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
My dreams are more entertainment and puzzles than mood formers.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I don't remember most of my dreams. I tend to wake up a lot throughout the night. This has been going on for a year or more, so i'm not sure that I get much really deep sleep. My sleep study isn't until January to see if they can help me with that.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Can't say definitively what it might mean for you... when I have a really surreal dream like that I figure I just ate too much cheese the night before :)

Top Bottom